• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2018 8:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1559 posts
725 upvotes

[Newegg] Nvidia Shield with remote & controller $179.99 after masterpass promo

Newegg.ca has the nvidia shield with remote and controller for the same price as amazon.ca currently and bestbuy.ca (dec 26 only) for $209.99

however if you pay with masterpass the price gets discounted $30 making the price $179.99 before taxes. I believe this may the be the lowest price to get a shield with the remote & controller bundle. It was $189.99 with the coupon a week ago.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6815351008

code is = MPCBW18

Shipping is free and don't forget ebates to boot!

The sale price may end soon, or item may sell out shortly. Just a headsup. Enjoy!
Always hungry ;)
30 replies
Dec 31, 2006
99 posts
54 upvotes
my sister really likes this device. last one ordered was without joystick. got one for mom. thanks
Aug 23, 2012
190 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks Op
Had purchase on Dec 21 - still in transit.
On chat with Newegg right now. Have been told that final selling price on Dec 21 was 189.99 (I guess they see only the final amount charged) and thus as it is lower than the current selling price of 209.99 - they cannot price match ???
After informing them that 30 off was Masterpass promo adn promo is still on - have been offered a $10 newegg gift card valid for 90 days that will be sent to me in 1-2 business days.
10 bucks for 5 mins on chat - but now I got to spend more. to use the $10 - lol
Jan 9, 2013
107 posts
22 upvotes
Thornhill
Ordered, thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
5548 posts
1054 upvotes
wow even cheaper with code now...179 + txs for CONTROLLER version, no brainer buy! too bad i already got one..paid 209 + txs last month!
does newegg price match or price protect? if yes, do i qualify if i bought back on nov.23? tia

i paid 213.xx with tx incl...so its only a 10 savings

this is 203.xx final tx after 30$ masterpass...i think when i bought mine it was jsut a 20$off newegg code and i paid via paypal
Last edited by mikka2017 on Dec 26th, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
5548 posts
1054 upvotes
roopster wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 12:55 am
Thanks Op
Had purchase on Dec 21 - still in transit.
On chat with Newegg right now. Have been told that final selling price on Dec 21 was 189.99 (I guess they see only the final amount charged) and thus as it is lower than the current selling price of 209.99 - they cannot price match ???
After informing them that 30 off was Masterpass promo adn promo is still on - have been offered a $10 newegg gift card valid for 90 days that will be sent to me in 1-2 business days.
10 bucks for 5 mins on chat - but now I got to spend more. to use the $10 - lol
why didnt' they just email u a code instead of physical mail? i'd rather just have a code then a card in mail
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5810 posts
2372 upvotes
Canada
This is so tempting
Koodo and Tangerine customer
Aug 23, 2012
190 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mikka2017 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:10 am
why didnt' they just email u a code instead of physical mail? i'd rather just have a code then a card in mail
It will be a code via email - should have made that clear on my post.
Mea Culpa
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1010 posts
423 upvotes
Returns with New egg? Do we pay return shipping and is there restocking fees etc on these?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
6722 posts
1379 upvotes
helphelp911 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:32 am
Does prime video (canada) work on shield TV?
yes
________

"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1559 posts
725 upvotes
adilh53 wrote:
Dec 26th, 2018 1:43 am
Returns with New egg? Do we pay return shipping and is there restocking fees etc on these?
According to Newegg:
---
"Return shipping: Newegg will only pay for return shipping if an item is defective or unopened. The item must be within its Newegg return policy. To set up your return with a free shipping label, please use our online return portal here, and select “Defective” or “Unopened/Original Condition” as the return reason."

Restocking Fees: You will get back...
---
100% of the item’s purchase price AND free shipping : Defective items (no fault of customer) / Unopened items returned in the original condition as shipped / Wrong item shipped or item does not match what was shown on the Newegg website

85% of the item’s purchase price : Non-defective items that are returned opened and within the item’s return policy period / Non-defective special orders or custom-built items within the return policy period

Additional reading on restocking fees: newegg refunds
Always hungry ;)
Aug 1, 2008
960 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone gotten Sling TV to work with VPN in Canada with the Shield? Cannot seem to run the app after installing from aptoid tv
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1827 posts
1029 upvotes
Toronto
How many people actually ever use the controller? What are the biggest games on Android these days?
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2186 posts
403 upvotes
I use the controller like every day! I play no Android games, but I play the ones on Geforce Now on the Shield. It’s like Netflix for gaming where there is a remote, fast gaming computer with a high end graphics card streaming you game content. The Android box does not run the game program. It merely streams the game video feed to you and relays your game controls to the Nvidia Geforce now server.

There are some free games that you’re allowed access to play on the Shield: An old, but good version of Tomb Raider, Fortnite, Thief, Batman Arkham, Borderlands, and a few others. You can access your Steam library, but only certain games are officially supported on Geforce Now which load instantly. Others you can download on Steam to the remote game server you’re on and play. It doesn’t seem to save progress though so that’s a downer. Rise of Tomb Raider is one I bought, and it’s a 22.9 GB download that takes a few minutes to “Download.” The supported games you can save progress no problem.

I managed to get Star Trek Bridge Crew working on Geforce Now in non-VR mode. I have a Minix Air Mouse to control the button presses and pan around. It works okay, and I think people are surprised when I tell them I’m playing on an Nvidia Shield! It’s like a poor man’s gaming console and a top tier mediabox rolled into one. It’s so great! You can play remotely for free! Hard to say though if they are going to a subscription plan like Netflix in the future. It’s hard to imagine that all those game servers are going to stay free indefinitely.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/pr ... ted-games/

Edit: oh that’s weird. Apparently Rise of the Tomb Raider is supported. Maybe I
need to install it through the Shield games page or something rather than Steam.... I’m still figuring out my box!
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!