• Dec 11th, 2017 1:43 am
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 9:53 am
Currently sold out
Add to watch list / price alert. Will be back in few hours or so.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2043 posts
444 upvotes
Newegg.CA is not an authorized Panasonic retailer so the warranty is not valid and will not be honoured on this. I have noticed this with many brands sold by newegg.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
Newegg has been selling Panasonic shavers for more than 7 years, worldwide.

By the way I just received it. Superb quality. Comes with a small bottom of oil.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2043 posts
444 upvotes
EdwardGamma wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:31 am
Newegg has been selling Panasonic shavers for more than 7 years, worldwide.
http://help.panasonic.ca/english/suppor ... pc=8&cc=22 (click "health & beauty" ---> "grooming")

Probably unauthorized the entire time. Call panasonic to confirm if you wish. I was refused a warranty replacement on a pair of sennheiser headphones years back for the same reason.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Dec 8th, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 17, 2003
711 posts
644 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought a similar model from Winners a few years back and love it. Panasonic make some of the best electric shavers on the market and I've owned many different brands over the years. Great price.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 9:40 am
http://help.panasonic.ca/english/suppor ... pc=8&cc=22 (click "health & beauty" ---> "grooming")

Probably unauthorized the entire time. Call panasonic to confirm if you wish. I was refused a warranty replacement on a pair of sennheiser headphones years back for the same reason.
Nah....

I'd ship it back to the US even if the warranty if valid. How much does that cost?

It's just a $40 shaver. A battery, motor, controller board and some pieces of plastic are all it has. There are two screws exposed at the bottom, if anything goes wrong I'd just open it up and replace the part.

But your point is valid. Headphones can be expensive and flimsy....

Another thing I noticed is, I cannot find any related discussions / complaints from Google. MAYBE MY SEARCHING SKILLS ARE POOR, but there are some complaints about items purchased from third-party sellers on Newegg were refused to be covered by manufacture warranty.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
2784 posts
1079 upvotes
Received mine and it a in a brown box. I don't want to open it cause it's a gift. Is there a retail box inside?
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
anhtuan wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:11 pm
Received mine and it a in a brown box. I don't want to open it cause it's a gift. Is there a retail box inside?
yes there is. Sealed retail box.

Newegg usually indicates if "it's brown box only". For example, some Logitech headphones I saw
Jul 3, 2017
371 posts
200 upvotes
EdwardGamma wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:05 pm
I'd ship it back to the US even if the warranty if valid. How much does that cost?
No U.S. warranty either. Warranty, such as it is, is provided by Newegg only on these grey market Panasonic shavers.

The pop-up trimmer is the weak point on both Panasonic and Braun electric shavers. It's a flimsy thing designed to fail.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:19 pm
No U.S. warranty either. Warranty, such as it is, is provided by Newegg only on these grey market Panasonic shavers.

The pop-up trimmer is the weak point on both Panasonic and Braun electric shavers. It's a flimsy thing designed to fail.
You are right. My 7yr old Panasonic died two years ago because of that. There is a tiny pin popped out. I believe it's fixable though. Still sitting there waiting to be assembled...........
By the way this specific model comes with an attachable comb, (1mm to 7mm). I'm gonna use that to trim.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2741 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
can it be effectively and safely used down back and down front?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2128 posts
399 upvotes
Da boot
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:19 pm

What brand do you use?
Jul 3, 2017
371 posts
200 upvotes
ph00p wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:47 pm
What brand do you use?
I'm forced to use Braun and Panasonic like most others here because that's what's available, but every one of mine has had the trimmer break prematurely, even though I try to baby the trimmer carefully. I've occasionally managed to rescue one by disassembling the trimmer and replacing the flimsy plastic bits that broke with metal and epoxy, but it's a very tricky operation. My opinion is that the trimmer is designed to fail, as no designer could possibly have expected it to function for long in everyday use.

The Phillips ones are more durable, but I don't find rotary shavers as effective as foil.

My best shaver ever is the Remington Titanium 3, with a full-width double-sided pop-up trimmer that aligns closely with the shaving foils. It shaves close and smooth in one pass with remarkable speed and power. It's still functional except for nearly dead batteries, but I just can't find the blades and foils for it any more. https://www.amazon.com/Remington-MS3-27 ... B0000C88FE
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
275 posts
99 upvotes
Exp315 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:54 pm
I'm forced to use Braun and Panasonic like most others here because that's what's available, but every one of mine has had the trimmer break prematurely, even though I try to baby the trimmer carefully. I've occasionally managed to rescue one by disassembling the trimmer and replacing the flimsy plastic bits that broke with metal and epoxy, but it's a very tricky operation. My opinion is that the trimmer is designed to fail, as no designer could possibly have expected it to function for long in everyday use.

The Phillips ones are more durable, but I don't find rotary shavers as effective as foil.

My best shaver ever is the Remington Titanium 3, with a full-width double-sided pop-up trimmer that aligns closely with the shaving foils. It shaves close and smooth in one pass with remarkable speed and power. It's still functional except for nearly dead batteries, but I just can't find the blades and foils for it any more.
Great information. Couldn't agree more. I do not like rotaries .

Just my 2cent. if you do use the built-in trimmer everyday, you should invest in a good trimmer. I use it about once a week, after I don't shave a day or two.