Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Refurbished: Sony STR-DH550 5.2 Receiver $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2018 3:20 pm
Nov 29, 2013
132 posts
15 upvotes
Canada
Hi, Sorry to ask this basic question but how you stream music from your cellphone to home theater via receiver ... Does all receiver has input port for this.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
raomanoj2004 wrote: Hi, Sorry to ask this basic question but how you stream music from your cellphone to home theater via receiver ... Does all receiver has input port for this.
Needs to have Bluetooth or some sort of ota connectivity
JS
Oct 15, 2011
173 posts
330 upvotes
Got one when it was 119....the box was not in a gr8 shape...but other than that it looked brand new (no finger prints or scuff marks) with all the accessories... for this price it is an amazing quality. Only 4k pass through issue with the native volume adjustment which is the Sony's problem which they might fix with firmware. But there are work around this issue as well.

Other that than very satisfied with purchase. even at @129 it is a steal.....
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
biggaroupa wrote: May I also suggest - Onkyo TX-SR373, it's 2017 Model and packs quite a punch for entry level, granted the price is higher. I have purchased from them recently, the product looks like it was open box and looks mint.

https://www.skadi.ca/collections/a-v-re ... er-b-stock
Crap lost my reply when I refreshed the page!

For the same amount of money, the VSX-832 is a better deal? Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 (may require a FW update) and WIFI internet radio (Spotify, etc), AirPlay and Chromecast.
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 5SR6K30732

Those receivers are behemoths at atmost 6.8" tall, I'm having troubles fitting a center channel with 5.6" tall unit already...
Why don't they make more slim receivers!!! Looking for a deal but they are all expensive
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Daijoubu wrote: Crap lost my reply when I refreshed the page!

For the same amount of money, the VSX-832 is a better deal? Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 (may require a FW update) and WIFI internet radio (Spotify, etc), AirPlay and Chromecast.

Those receivers are behemoths at atmost 6.8" tall, I'm having troubles fitting a center channel with 5.6" tall unit already...
Why don't they make more slim receivers!!! Looking for a deal but they are all expensive
This is a very good find also! The Onkyo has very good reviews for entry level design, a lot of their fancier features are slowly making it's way down to the entry models.

I don't think you can go wrong with either model, I do really like the Chromecast built-in! However, if you were looking for an Atmos setup I wouldn't buy a 5.1 system, because you have to decide to either have back channels or vertical you can't have both.

Atmos is not a cheap setup, you need to buy a 7.1/7.2 receiver so you can do a 5.2.1/5.2.2 setup (surround, height, sub). In addition your receiver can't be low powered because now you have 7 speakers, and if the front ones are tower you need to bi-amp that too, it just goes on and on LOL
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2526 posts
1240 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
It should be noted if not clear for Onkyo, it is Chromecast audio built in... I purchased my receiver before the feature was actually available, and the packaging wasn't clear. I was hoping it would be Chromecast video so I would never need to plug-in my Chromecast into an HDMI port, but no such luck. I haven't had a chance to try the Chromecast audio yet, as normally I just use bluetooth.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
facebook259 wrote: It should be noted if not clear for Onkyo, it is Chromecast audio built in... I purchased my receiver before the feature was actually available, and the packaging wasn't clear. I was hoping it would be Chromecast video so I would never need to plug-in my Chromecast into an HDMI port, but no such luck. I haven't had a chance to try the Chromecast audio yet, as normally I just use bluetooth.
I would think Chromecast would yeild better audio quality if using internet radio as it streams the original file over the internet vs via BT which incurs transcoding to (usually) SBC because of the lower bitrate of BT and might introduce additional audio compression artefacts of usually already lossy compressed audio files (unless you have lossless FLAC on your phone :) )
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg

PM with Gibbys and save another 15%
https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... -receiver/
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2550 posts
572 upvotes

I grabbed a VSX-832. Awesome find. Thanks for posting it.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2550 posts
572 upvotes
I can't speak for the Sony, but the Pioneer VSX-832 came without a scratch on it. Not even a fingerprint. All accessories and manuals accounted for still in the baggies.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RideGuy wrote: I can't speak for the Sony, but the Pioneer VSX-832 came without a scratch on it. Not even a fingerprint. All accessories and manuals accounted for still in the baggies.
Pics? Glad people were able to snatch on that deal :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)