• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2018 11:14 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
402 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal

[Newegg] SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (+3 GAMES Bundle) - $585+$7.99 Shipping

I think it might be the all-time low for the reference card in Canada. This card is perfect if you want to change the blower fan to a watercooling solution or a bigger heatsink like the Raijintek Morpheus II.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of excellent deals for 1070TI / 1080 / 1080TI around but if you are looking for an AMD card, you have/want a FreeSync Monitor (muchhhh cheaper than a G-Sync monitor) or you want to Hackintosh (Mojave only support AMD GPU for the moment), this is a good deal.

The card is also bundled with 3 new games.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Star Control: Origins
Strange Brigade

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

Regards,
Benlehot
Last edited by Benlehot on Oct 24th, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Sep 10, 2008
204 posts
136 upvotes
I'm waiting to see what Apple announced on the 30th, if it's garbage, I hope it'll still be at this price for some Hackintoshing.

Thanks OP
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
402 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
You could get one and not open it till the event. I'm not sure if we will see that price again for the reference pcb. It depends on your build. I know that I need the reference model if I want a Vega GPU in my ITX case.
Sep 10, 2008
204 posts
136 upvotes
Benlehot wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 3:47 pm
You could get one and not open it till the event. I'm not sure if we will see that price again for the reference pcb. It depends on your build. I know that I need the reference model if I want a Vega GPU in my ITX case.
I'm still very much not confident that I'll get involved in the hassle of making a Hackintosh (it's a work computer for me, so it's always a risk). And ordering from NewEgg and returning AFAIK is not always that easy since I'm not a Premier member.

If the price is back up, I'll wait for another sale
Mar 7, 2011
49 posts
26 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ive been waiting for a good price for a Vega 64. Thanks OP! I picked one up for my eGPU to use with my MacBook pro 2018
Feb 3, 2013
121 posts
57 upvotes
ALMONTE
Decent price but I refuse to purchase Sapphire video cards after two died on me over the years. When I attempted to get the last one replaced under warranty I was told to ship it to Taiwan and they would look at it to see if it meets warranty replacement.
Nov 6, 2016
556 posts
491 upvotes
The dollar signs after the numbers really messed me up dude!
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
402 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
indeals wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 5:47 pm
The dollar signs after the numbers really messed me up dude!
Haha fixed! Sorry about that, it was Québec style.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
402 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
StainlessSteel wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 5:43 pm
Decent price but I refuse to purchase Sapphire video cards after two died on me over the years. When I attempted to get the last one replaced under warranty I was told to ship it to Taiwan and they would look at it to see if it meets warranty replacement.
Some people on different forums think that the Vega 64 SAPPHIRE is one of the best. Don't really know why. Maybe the memory? I hope my card doesn't died after a few months.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1993 posts
681 upvotes
undervolted and overclocked will get you great performance from these. Love mine! I believe the V64's have Samsung HBM memory, while the V56's have some samsung and some hynix. The Hynix top out around 960 while the Samsung can do 1100 plus. I have two Vega 56's that are both samsung and when you can open Vega up with lots of memory bandwidth you get great performance gains
Mar 17, 2015
51 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hi, I'm hoping someone who is much better at PC graphics and PC builds can help me a bit.

A while back ago someone built a PC for me. These were the parts.

My question is, is the upgrade worth it for gaming? And, is it a simple plug and play (remove and replace)?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
1993 posts
681 upvotes
LatinCanuck wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 10:08 pm
Hi, I'm hoping someone who is much better at PC graphics and PC builds can help me a bit.

My question is, is the upgrade worth it for gaming? And, is it a simple plug and play (remove and replace)?

Thanks
This would be a massive upgrade from the 7870...depending on what resolution and refresh rate your monitor is, we could suggest a suitable card. This will work, but a RX 580 might suit you just as well and its cheaper, but still much faster than your 7870
Apr 5, 2016
565 posts
1051 upvotes
BC
LatinCanuck wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 10:08 pm

A while back ago someone built a PC for me. These were the parts.

Thanks
This card would destroy any of the 7800 series.
It should be simple plug and play.
If you're playing 1080p resolution only, this card is way overkill.

PS. It's a 200-500% improvement, and an average of 300%
PPS. You've got a good CPU and Power Supply so you won't have to worry about changing those.
Mar 17, 2015
51 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks everyone, so it seems this card is overkill for my 1080p monitors. So the question now is, if I go with the RX 580, it it good enough for a 4K monitor at 60 FPS?