Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Fujifilm S1800 12mp Digital Camera 144$ w/ Free Shipping *RECERTIFIED*

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2010 11:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1477 posts
479 upvotes

[Dell] Fujifilm S1800 12mp Digital Camera 144$ w/ Free Shipping *RECERTIFIED*

Hi all,

Newegg Shellshocker

Fujifilm Finepix S1800 12MP Digital Camera @ 144$ with free shipping.

I'm on the fence for this one. Dell has currently the lower model which is almost the same, appart from less optical zoom and narrower lens s1600 for 179$ (Check Dell DOD). My girlfriend like this model a lot and we are unsure what to do. with the starting kit and the case, it adds up to 192$ Including shipping and taxes, which is a really good deal.

The price is really appealing however, I don't know if this recertified unit is worth it. I would like some input by people who has bought recertified products at newegg or even Fujifilm's which were Recertified (there seem to have a lot).

Anyways for what it'S worth, the deal itself is rather hot if we base ourselves on the price.
-
18 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
if it was $99, then its a HOT deal
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
hymm a recertified shell shocker deal= they have a high volume of these so I'll ask why is so many recertified?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
1354 posts
30 upvotes
almost ordered, but i would like to wait little bit

new S1600 on Dell deal day for $179.99
Mar 21, 2010
296 posts
25 upvotes
Thornhill
Very tempting. This is about 45 dollars CHEAPER than the DELL deal and is a higher model. But the recertified bit is what spooks me. Anyone care to highlight their experience with recertified camera's or other re-certified items from NEW EGG?
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
Whats the difference between recertified and refurbished ?
Mar 21, 2010
296 posts
25 upvotes
Thornhill
Online reviews for S1800 don't seem to be encouraging. Mixed reviews, most people liking it for the price but not much else. I guess you get what you pay for.
Feb 7, 2009
568 posts
73 upvotes
This is a good camera if you can get it at a good price. I got mine for $100 new at Best Buy. Build quality is excellent. Zoom is excellent. Image quality is quite good, but you have to play with the settings a little, because the default settings are kinda bad (for a variety of reasons like power save, high ISO for a steady shot, etc). Macro image quality is superb, with a range all the way to 0 (well, not really 0, but the lens right on the object)

Oh also, the video recording function is horrible because the audio is useless (despite the video quality being quite good). The smile detection is also, literally, useless (it doesn't work).

The screen is grainy and laggy under low light. It is just a stupid bug on the camera (switching to video mode fixes this problem...)
Jun 17, 2003
803 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
my spook about recertification is around touchy stuff like autofocus and and image stabilization. I've never bought recertified, but I did return a camera once after I let it bang around in my napsack and noticed the autofocus was having trouble (I know, I'm bad)
Sep 10, 2005
150 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
You have 3 months warranty on recertified products. I bought many refurbished electronic products without any problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4150 posts
3251 upvotes
Toronto
vincentfkc wrote: almost ordered, but i would like to wait little bit

new S1600 on Dell deal day for $179.99
possible $179 @Staples too,
staples-fuji-s1600-179-89-50-off-camera ... -a-894767/
I've had it for almost a month now but have yet to really spend some time with it though.
chengbin wrote: This is a good camera if you can get it at a good price. I got mine for $100 new at Best Buy.
how did you score this deal??
Dec 16, 2003
836 posts
298 upvotes
Ajax
All I gotta say is you get what you pay for. I thought it was a heckuva deal for $199 at FS (chengbin I'd like to know how you got this for $100 too?) but after playing with it, picture quality was not to my liking. Video was bad! Although, I guess overall this would be better than alot of compact slim point and shoot cameras :lol: .

In the same price category I ended up buying the Nikon L110. It's on sale at FS right now here

Check out chengbin's review of the S1800 here I posted a sample pic comparing the the Fuji vs the Nikon.
Feb 7, 2009
568 posts
73 upvotes
I got my S1800 for $100 in kind of a hacky way. I pm'd the camera at Best Buy, which brought it down to $215. I bought it during the trade in your camera event, which gave me a $50 discount. During that time there was also the Best Buy reward zone promotion, and since I spent over $100, I got the equivalent of $25 worth of points. Then Fuji has a long time program where you send in your old Fuji (must be Fuji) camera in for recycling, and they give you a $50 rebate coupon towards your next Fuji camera purchase.

So $250-$35-$50-$25-$50+$10 (shipping cost to send old camera to Fuji)=$100
Dec 16, 2003
836 posts
298 upvotes
Ajax
chengbin wrote: I got my S1800 for $100 in kind of a hacky way. I pm'd the camera at Best Buy, which brought it down to $215. I bought it during the trade in your camera event, which gave me a $50 discount. During that time there was also the Best Buy reward zone promotion, and since I spent over $100, I got the equivalent of $25 worth of points. Then Fuji has a long time program where you send in your old Fuji (must be Fuji) camera in for recycling, and they give you a $50 rebate coupon towards your next Fuji camera purchase.

Ahh so that's how you did it :razz: ...my friend you are serious RFD'er!!! :D
Jan 26, 2005
812 posts
121 upvotes
chengbin wrote: I got my S1800 for $100 in kind of a hacky way. I pm'd the camera at Best Buy, which brought it down to $215. I bought it during the trade in your camera event, which gave me a $50 discount. During that time there was also the Best Buy reward zone promotion, and since I spent over $100, I got the equivalent of $25 worth of points. Then Fuji has a long time program where you send in your old Fuji (must be Fuji) camera in for recycling, and they give you a $50 rebate coupon towards your next Fuji camera purchase.

I nominate this for, PM of the YEAR!!!!!!!!
djrhyme wrote: All I gotta say is you get what you pay for. I thought it was a heckuva deal for $199 at FS (chengbin I'd like to know how you got this for $100 too?) but after playing with it, picture quality was not to my liking. Video was bad! Although, I guess overall this would be better than alot of compact slim point and shoot cameras :lol: .

In the same price category I ended up buying the Nikon L110. It's on sale at FS right now here

Check out chengbin's review of the S1800 here I posted a sample pic comparing the the Fuji vs the Nikon.
I gotta say, the photo comparison you posted is a show stopper if you are trying to decide between the two.
Thanks, great illustration.....
Feb 7, 2009
568 posts
73 upvotes
To add to my existing deal, I also got the $10 shipping cost back. The tracking number is useless (always says item is received at xxx location, even after Fuji got my camera).

So, I technically got my camera for $90.