Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Newegg (USA) Windows 8.1 $80 USD + Free upgrade to Windows 10

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2015 6:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4648 posts
1680 upvotes
West Side GTA

[Newegg] Newegg (USA) Windows 8.1 $80 USD + Free upgrade to Windows 10

Don't know how many people like Windows 8.1 but this isn't a bad buy as it gives free upgrade to Windows 10 later on (if that's what you want).

Windows 8.1 usually $110 + tax (CDN)

Use promo code: EMCAKNX36 to save $20 USD.
28 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
Knowing Newegg, they'll screw the order up and send you Windows Vista.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
If you cant get free via dreamspark/msdn with edu/work ... the cheapest for students would be through microsoft store itself for full win 8.1 pro ...

otherwise, pretty good price for a legit version i guess.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
Windows 10 will be a free update from both Windows 7 and 8. If you're running 7, there's absolutely no reason to pay for 8. If you're building a new machine, you might be able to score a better deal on an OEM version of 7 with your hardware purchase.
Mar 26, 2017
61 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Rudee wrote: Knowing Newegg, they'll screw the order up and send you Windows Vista.
We are still very *****ing bitter about it.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
You will need us bank issued credit card or us PayPal account on order to buy this and ship it to a us address
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1476 posts
461 upvotes
Windows 8 is *****ty, prefer a mac os or win7 than this
Apr 29, 2009
160 posts
37 upvotes
Ladysmith
I don't think this is really a hot deal. By the time you do the exchange rate and shipping you might be saving like 5 bucks over their CDN site.

I also prefer windows 7 and it gets the free upgrade too.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4648 posts
1680 upvotes
West Side GTA
^^ well i don't control exchange rates...I'm glad i converted some cdn to usd before we tumbled down so I still have USD when we were at 90+cents.

good to know though that windows 7 gets free upgrade to windows 10. I haven't been following the OS scene that much so i just thought i'd post it up for ppl wanting Windows 8.1
Aug 1, 2014
357 posts
376 upvotes
Rudee wrote: Knowing Newegg, they'll screw the order up and send you Windows Vista.
Lol. Aren't Vista and Win 8 similar in terms of user experience?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3830 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
retrothing wrote: Windows 10 will be a free update from both Windows 7 and 8. If you're running 7, there's absolutely no reason to pay for 8. If you're building a new machine, you might be able to score a better deal on an OEM version of 7 with your hardware purchase.
Not that I dont beleive you, however could you cite a source for this information?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
Khichdi wrote: Lol. Aren't Vista and Win 8 similar in terms of user experience?
yeah man , the last 8 years of Windows Development did absolutely nothing. Might aswell get 3.1!
Dec 28, 2011
514 posts
427 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
flame02 wrote: Not that I dont beleive you, however could you cite a source for this information?
Use Google for tons of sources. Microsoft announced this when they announced Windows 10.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2721 posts
1788 upvotes
Markham
flame02 wrote: Not that I dont beleive you, however could you cite a source for this information?
This is posted on all tech sites like Engadget, redmondpie etc. don't be lazy, Google it lol
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
westssaa wrote: Windows 8 is *****ty, prefer a mac os or win7 than this
8 was an annoying turd, 8.1 has been excellent. I installed http://startisback.com/ , and combined with the 8.1 drastic improvements, I find the experience better then Windows 7, which I loved (and still love) for years.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
Khichdi wrote: Lol. Aren't Vista and Win 8 similar in terms of user experience?
Actually vista was a huge step up if you had beefy hardware at release. 8 made me switch to Mac and Linux.
Nov 17, 2012
419 posts
143 upvotes
Le Gardeur
Ren wrote: Actually vista was a huge step up if you had beefy hardware at release. 8 made me switch to Mac and Linux.
Can you please explain how Windows 8.1 is that bad ? I use it everyday for work and so far so good ?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
Forbes and many others reported this last week: "Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and RT – including Windows Phone 8.1 users will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free within the first 12 months. After this you will have to pay for it but once you’ve upgraded, your PC or whatever device you’ve installed it on, can use windows 10 for free for its entire lifespan."
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
NewLogik wrote: Can you please explain how Windows 8.1 is that bad ? I use it everyday for work and so far so good ?
Its not.

The ONLY people who have a problem with Windows 8 are those who have no clue how to use a computer beyond what is initially presented to them upon start up.

They should def. stick to OSX, as its tailor made for that demographic.

Windows 8.1 has everything within Windows 7, except it has greater security, better performance, improved load times substantially, and a smaller footprint. Oh not to mention you have the option to use metro / apps, or the option not to ... with 7 you have no option, so clearly that is worse...

You don't have to EVER see metro or a metro app in your life if you use windows 8.1... I will never go back to windows 7, there is no reason to at this point.

Oh, and computer setup is a breeze, it pretty much auto installs / detects anything driver wise for me.

If the metro bugs you, get classicshell for free (<5m of your time spent) and you are back to win 7 style OS experience.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)