Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Newfrog.com] Propane Refill Adapter Coupler $6.54 CDN shipped (was $15)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2016 12:31 am
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't trust that little vinyl hose to hold 250 psi, let alone 350 psi, also, the LPG canisters are not pure propane, the pressure would be too great for the thin canister to hold (the green Colemane propane can are much heavier duty), it's usually a mix of ~70%(iso)butane/30% propane.

Here's the adapter I have, made in korea and lightweight at only 27g, the older TOP&TOP version I have doesn't feature a check valve but the new ones does, there are also cheaper chinese ones made out of zink/brass but much heavier

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Gas-Adapter-Conv ... SwUuFWzoRw

And here's the adapter that lets you connect 2 LPG cans togheter (or a flat 220g can with the adapter) if you hate having bunch of half empty cans laying around
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-G-Works-Gas- ... Sww-NTz1Lb
seanster wrote: Thanks this has been on my list for a while now. Good price. If you need a scale to weigh your tanks, I really like the WH-A05L from aliexpress.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat ... t=WH-A05L+

While we're on the subject, you might also want one of these KOVEA LPG adapters if you have one of those tiny backpacking stoves. Mine was $23.50 USD 4 years ago and that was the cheapest I could find.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Kovea-Adapte ... 1497775041
G WORKS makes an adapter to use Coleman propane tanks on backpacking stove as well and is lighter (35g duralumin vs chromed zink/brass 105g)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-G-Works-LPG- ... SwDk5TrvZI
Jan 16, 2005
797 posts
303 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote: I put an order in yesterday, I still don't have any confirmation e-mail from newfrog. Anybody else in this situation ?
+1

Seen transaction on Credit Card.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
FrozenPegger wrote: +1

Seen transaction on Credit Card.
got a shipped email in my junk mail today.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
SomeOtherDude wrote: The most important thing usd probably to do it outside in an open area and you're pretty safe even if you have a leak.

Though quality is important , as it always is, there's no real risk of an explosion I think.
After all, this is just a solid machined metal part - it can't create a spark. The worst thing it can do is have a small leak.
I've had one of these for many years, but never had the need to use it. Or the guts.

I heard those pressure release valves on the tanks have a limited lifespan. The o-ring dries out and it doesn't like pressure fluctuations (it's a basic Schrader valve). So the worst thing is if it has a small leak in the trunk of your car.

It's a good idea to not refill tanks over a couple years old. If you dive in the dumpster make sure you get a Coleman tank which is supposedly better.

Also, I'd store the adapter in a secluded spot. If just by chance something blows up, you don't want the fire inspector to find it on your pegboard.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1970 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ordered on the 7th and no shipping notice yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1546 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Made in China and propane and illegal all combined sounds like a stupid is as stupid does to save a buck or two. I got them for 4 for 12.99.

The logic is if you really use that much propane you should be using a big tank anyways.

There is a reason why you are not allowed to fill the big tanks too.

The street next to mine a couple of years ago had a guy burning something in the basement and his whole house burnt down. (2 million + up in smoke) lot is still empty. Not sure if insurance failed to cover the loss due to stupidity.
Jan 16, 2005
797 posts
303 upvotes
Ordered on 4th, got shipping notice today. First communication I got from them.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
FrozenPegger wrote: Ordered on 4th, got shipping notice today. First communication I got from them.
same here
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
this is what I bought a few years ago. I forget the price at the time. At the time, the CDN dollar was at par with USD.
its great quality and has hundreds of good reviews. And I've used it without problems for a few years.
obviously.... the price is much higher than the ebay though.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Enerco-Mr-Hea ... r/21799898
Apr 26, 2004
987 posts
61 upvotes
Thornhill
FrozenPegger wrote: Ordered on 4th, got shipping notice today. First communication I got from them.
Same but I still not got any word from them :(
May 8, 2008
81 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
I am beginning to think this seller is fraudulent! It's just taking way too long! I have already asked paypal for refund!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got mine yesterday. Ordered on March 4, shipped on March 15.
May 16, 2003
583 posts
84 upvotes
GTA
30+ days is typical for stuff from China. If I get a delivery within 3 weeks I'm thrilled. With the last AliExpress 11.11 sale a few items took more than 60 days but I got them.
-Sean
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I've got this funny feeling that I may never see this thing and just wasted $7.
Banned
Apr 11, 2016
44 posts
11 upvotes
midget_man wrote: I've got this funny feeling that I may never see this thing and just wasted $7.
Got mine last week.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
Still no sign of mine ... emailed them and absolutely no response after a week
Oct 11, 2004
816 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
I also got mine last week. Took about 49 days. This long shipping times seems to become more and more the norm. Same for ebay stuff.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)