Expired Hot Deals

Newsdemon - $7/mo - Unlimited & 50 connections, SSL, 30GB Storage - Expires 3/15

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2011 8:08 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 16, 2006
324 posts
61 upvotes

Newsdemon - $7/mo - Unlimited & 50 connections, SSL, 30GB Storage - Expires 3/15

Credit goes to rahb0sse @ Slickdeals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2720647)

https://www.newsdemon.com/billinginfo.p ... ickdeal311

30GB of free storage is nice as well.

If you do not trust the link, use this coupon code slickdeal311 to have this adjusted.

* Unlimited Speed
* 910+ Days Retention
* 50 Connections
* Free Newsreader
* 24/7 Live Support
* Free Headers
* 30GB FREE ONLINE STORAGE

I just ditched Astraweb 2 minutes ago and went with this. Simultaneous multiple IPs apparently work, unlike Astraweb.
182 replies
Jul 15, 2009
96 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal! Now I wish I hadn't gone with the $96/year Astraweb deal. The 30GB storage could definitely come in handy...

Is the price guaranteed or could they just bump up the price the next month?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
2959 posts
225 upvotes
Aurora
Looks like a good deal to me, as well. Too bad I've got another 7 months of AstraWeb left.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
2580 posts
48 upvotes
dbreaka wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2011 7:56 pm

Simultaneous multiple IPs apparently work, unlike Astraweb.

Can anyone confirm this?
Oct 3, 2006
333 posts
11 upvotes
It would be amazing if the multiple IP thing is true, 5 connections is enough to max out my 15 megabit connection
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
1354 posts
30 upvotes
a newbie question, what is this for?

is it like private tracker as torrent?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2003
1017 posts
50 upvotes
I don't understand this whole addiction to high # of connections. My 3-4 Newshosting connections is enough to max out my 25mb service.
Oct 29, 2010
141 posts
24 upvotes
I can confirm that you can split the account we are like 5 one mine and never had an issue.
Dec 9, 2008
936 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
as long as u have a paypal agreement, it's the price u signed up for the life of your account.
Oct 3, 2007
216 posts
15 upvotes
What are the retentions like with these guys? I remember trying them for a month with a black friday deal but half of my downloads wouldn't work from nzbclub and *********. I could only get fairly recent things such as tv shows, anyone else having any luck with newsdemon and those free usenet search engines?
Oct 3, 2006
333 posts
11 upvotes
Coolers wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2011 9:05 pm
I don't understand this whole addiction to high # of connections. My 3-4 Newshosting connections is enough to max out my 25mb service.

If you want to download multiple things at once, from different groups mainly, although you must be on a host that has an *excellent* connection to your ISP, every usenet provider i've tried has taken at least 4 connections to max out my slower than yours connection
Dec 4, 2009
135 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
I get free usenet with xennews.com 2 day trials. Maxes out my connection, 450+ day retention, and did I mention its free? When it expires I just make a new account.

At the start it was IP restricted (expires after 5 days on the same IP or something), so I just released and got a new one (dynamic on dsl). Now it doesn't seem to be so even cable internet should be able to do it.
Jul 26, 2007
893 posts
63 upvotes
'berta
Morphius wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2011 9:12 pm
What are the retentions like with these guys? I remember trying them for a month with a black friday deal but half of my downloads wouldn't work from nzbclub and *********. I could only get fairly recent things such as tv shows, anyone else having any luck with newsdemon and those free usenet search engines?
did you even read the op? 910 days.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
2959 posts
225 upvotes
Aurora
vincentfkc wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2011 9:05 pm
a newbie question, what is this for?

is it like private tracker as torrent?

Not really. It's an alternative to torrents. Instead of a torrent client, you use a newsreader/usenet client. You can download content similar to torrents but the kicker is that it's all at the full speed of your internet connection - no throttling. So, say downloading an 8Gb film clip on torrent takes 2 days - usenet can take 2 hours.

I saw a link to a really good intro to usenet a while back on these forums. I'm sure someone can post it.
× < >