Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Newsgroup Direct - Terabyte Tuesday - 1TB $40

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2015 9:01 am
Tags:
None
17 replies
Dec 24, 2010
524 posts
101 upvotes
Surrey
I do not understand why people pay for this stuff.
Banned
Nov 27, 2012
822 posts
183 upvotes
VANCOUVER
roach9 wrote: I do not understand why people pay for this stuff.
I would like to know too
Apr 29, 2006
26 posts
8 upvotes
Winnipeg
Pretty sure the reasoning for paying for it has been said in almost every usenet thread. Maybe take the time to read up on it as I've seen a lot of informative posts on it on RFD.

If you still don't know then maybe you weren't meant to.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
Then this deal isn't for your. Wrong thread regardless.
I happily buy mine.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Lol, funny guys. You'd be surprised how much I pay for various "hosting services".

But aren't these guys Highwinds?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
Keep it up, man!
It's better for the rest of us this way. Your ignorance is our bliss ...
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
Because it makes it easier to pirate/steal stuff instead of torrenting it but still while not actually paying the content makers.
Banned
Oct 16, 2006
68 posts
48 upvotes
I think its stupid especially the cocky comments without even a simple answer to why buy it?
Feb 26, 2014
494 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
rashipoo wrote: I think its stupid especially the cocky comments without even a simple answer to why buy it?
You think it's stupid, but you want to know why to buy it? Reasons to buy it could easily be found if you searched/googled it, that's why you see the cocky comments.
Banned
Oct 16, 2006
68 posts
48 upvotes
steez03 wrote: You think it's stupid, but you want to know why to buy it? Reasons to buy it could easily be found if you searched/googled it, that's why you see the cocky comments.
Google the meaning of life see what you get
Feb 22, 2015
235 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
THanks for the share, good price!

Why can't someone figure out why you'd buy these? For most people i would be to save photos movie and music on a secure drive instead of uploading it to a 3rd party cloud who probably snoop though your stuff anyway,

also, I work on the computer full time so I will be using it too back up my windows system image and any other sensitive documents that i have
Feb 26, 2014
494 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
rashipoo wrote: Google the meaning of life see what you get
lol if you use Google to find the meaning of life, you may have some slight issues.

And you knock searching/google, but you're willing to take advice from random people on RFD?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2010
1721 posts
568 upvotes
Near Toronto
dannymol wrote:
Why can't someone figure out why you'd buy these? For most people i would be to save photos movie and music on a secure drive instead of uploading it to a 3rd party cloud who probably snoop though your stuff anyway,
Wouldn't client side encryption be better? Then you can upload to any 3rd party cloud service for free.
dannymol wrote: also, I work on the computer full time so I will be using it too back up my windows system image and any other sensitive documents that i have
Wouldn't Amazon S3 be cheaper? 1 cent per GB per month if you use their glacier service. Free up and down.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3363 posts
1990 upvotes
Raptor200637 wrote: But aren't these guys Highwinds?
Yep.

YMMV, but I don't buy blocks from Highwinds resellers.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
bogolisk wrote: Yep.

YMMV, but I don't buy blocks from Highwinds resellers.
What is the issue with Highwinds resellers? Is it the lower rentention compared to others?

If so, I personally don't mind. My Sickbeard/Couchpotato setup grabs current TV Shows/Movies as they become available.

djino

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)