21994 upvotes
ONTARIO

Hot! $30 USD/Yr Unlimited Subscription

Deal Link:
Price:
$30 USD
Retailer:
Newsgroup Ninja
Very hot deal from Newsgroup Ninja right now.
For a limited time you can sign up for their unlimited plan for $30 USD/year. The price will not increase as long as you don't cancel. That works out to just $2.50 USD a month.

You get:
50 SSL connections, 3900+ days retention, unlimited bandwidth.
Servers: US and Europe

https://www.newsgroup.ninja/en/signup?promo=superb250

Personally never used them myself, but have heard great things about them. So this is an awesome price. Better than NewsDemon's current offer.

Edit: If you are currently already a Ninja subscriber, you can also upgrade to this new price. Thanks @danomed
danomed wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:11 am
OP can you add the promo code directly to your post? It works for upgrades too:
SUPERB250

I have been using for over a year and it is a good newsgroup service.

To upgrade, login and go to "billing information" click "modify plan" and when the popup comes for the upgrade option, click on "add promo code" and type in "SUPERB250"

It worked for me.

Thanks OP
Last edited by BobSagget on Apr 21st, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
27 replies
Jul 21, 2016
264 posts
352 upvotes
Leask
May I hijack this deal to ask what is the current best (free) client?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
16280 posts
21994 upvotes
ONTARIO
PatrickB012050 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2019 8:42 pm
May I hijack this deal to ask what is the current best (free) client?
Sabnzbd or NZBGet is what I would suggest.

Personally I use Sabnzbd, but both are good programs.
Sep 28, 2009
365 posts
163 upvotes
Thanks, I've been with eweka for 3 years on an old price plan, 7.50 euros for 300MB speed and unlimited downloads but if ninja can get me the same thing I'll be trimming costs for sure. Just purchased and will trial them out.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
10708 posts
1739 upvotes
shouldn't this be a recurring deal... not a "lifetime" deal?

horrible wording
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
May 27, 2007
223 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know how to switch to this deal if you're already client?
Nov 16, 2012
562 posts
151 upvotes
VANCOUVER
tiboi wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:02 am
What is this? What’s newsgroups?
Jun 10, 2003
626 posts
208 upvotes
SUPERB250
tiboi wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:02 am

To upgrade, login and go to "billing information" click "modify plan" and when the popup comes for the upgrade option, click on "add promo code" and type in "SUPERB250"

It worked for me.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1498 posts
56 upvotes
Though I don't use them now, they are a great provider. For me, I got the NGD $40/year deal but that also includes a VPN so the extra $10 is worth it for me.
Feb 10, 2008
456 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
These guys are basically an NewsGroupDirect Reseller which is a highwinds reseller, you can even authenticate against NGD servers with Ninja's creds which are just randomly generated strings for the username. I have been on the $4 Month plan with NGD for a while and really have no complaints. I use the account on 2 servers 1 in Germany which is a downloader feeding a remote plex install, and the other is on my laptop at home for personal use and both these connections are 1gbit connections which will max out both connections at 125MB/s when in use. I mostly use NZBGet but also can recommend Sabnzbd it really just depends on the GUI you prefer, they both can saturate both my lines. So ninja will perform the same and I had used them for a while back when they were free for a while (they had issues with thier billing system and let users use thier service for free) but for $30 a year I may just bite and switch back.

Honestly there is huge competition in the Usenet Market, and it's great to see things dropping. I remember paying $99 US a year only a few years ago and thought that was a good deal, but you can also find $4/Month or $40 a year deals from NGD and Thundernews which like Ninja are highwinds resellers, I have also seen a few $3 a month deals pop up not too long ago but I think $30 a year is the best deal I have seen. So if you want a cheap highwinds account that works well and has very good completion and retention Ninja will do the job nicely, and with such a low price those that really want to can pick up a cheap block account though I have never really found I needed one for any of the content I've needed in over 15 years but to each their own.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2211 posts
1011 upvotes
North York
Im currently with newsdemon at $3/month. They both use Highwinds right?
May 10, 2010
209 posts
357 upvotes
London
Stryk3r wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:19 am
These guys are basically an NewsGroupDirect Reseller which is a highwinds reseller, you can even authenticate against NGD servers with Ninja's creds which are just randomly generated strings for the username.
Interesting. So there's no real advantage of switching from NwesgroupDirect to NewsgroupNinja? I got the NGD deal a while ago ($17 for 6 months) and still have another 3 months to go before that renews, the only difference I can tell is that Newsgroup Ninja would be $4 less per year
May 27, 2007
223 posts
14 upvotes
Montreal
danomed wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 11:11 am
SUPERB250

It worked for me.

Thanks OP
It worked for me also, thanks both to you and OP
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2170 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
How does this provider compare to usenetexpress.
Feb 10, 2008
456 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
poopdedoop wrote:
Apr 21st, 2019 12:13 pm
Interesting. So there's no real advantage of switching from NwesgroupDirect to NewsgroupNinja? I got the NGD deal a while ago ($17 for 6 months) and still have another 3 months to go before that renews, the only difference I can tell is that Newsgroup Ninja would be $4 less per year
Exactly, the service would be identical but just a bit cheaper with Ninja vs NGD. Although as someone else mentioned NGD will give you a free VPN account as well with their unlimited news service which may add value to some. I have several VPNs already so for me personally I don't need the NGD VPN but for others the $10 a year for a VPN may be worth the extra cost. If you all care about is a the cheapest subscription, then Ninja takes it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)