• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2015 5:03 pm
[OP]
Jun 23, 2010
276 posts
139 upvotes
North York

Nexicom Bell login compatibility with Gigabit plan? No

I'm wondering whether the Nexicom Bell login is compatible with the Gigabit Internet plan. Has anyone tried Gigabit Internet with their Nexicom Bell login account? The Nexicom Bell login is a grandfathered service which is mentioned on
gta-unlimited-bell-dsl-existing-custome ... h-1083127/

Here's the Gigabit Internet plan mentioned:
bell-ontario-gigabit-internet-940mb-sec ... e-1788489/

Here's Nexicom's response to my question, where they don't know the answer:
"Thank you for contacting Nexicom, I apologize for the delayed response.

The purpose of the Nexicom Bell login was to provide Bell customers the ability to have unlimited bandwidth usage when using their Bell internet, however due to the fact we no longer provide this type of login we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work on any packages that you upgrade with your Bell ISP.

Although viewing the Bell internet packages on their website, http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Internet_access , the Gigabit Fibe package already provides unlimited bandwidth. Using the Nexicom Bell login with the Gigabit Fibe package would appear to be redundant and not necessarily needed.

Within time, if you decide that you no longer need the Nexicom Bell login let us know. Again however we no longer offer this login ability and cannot be requested at a later time once it has been removed.

Hope this helps."
4 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Gigabit does not necessarily come with unlimited usage (although that is the most expensive option). There are other options such as 125gb, 250gb, 500gb, 750gb and so on (each more expensive as you go up the latter).
[OP]
Jun 23, 2010
276 posts
139 upvotes
North York
Euro2012 wrote: Gigabit does not necessarily come with unlimited usage (although that is the most expensive option). There are other options such as 125gb, 250gb, 500gb, 750gb and so on (each more expensive as you go up the latter).
I understand that there are different download usage limits options. Upgrading to Gigabit Internet supposedly costs $10 more. If the Nexicom Bell login works with the Gigabit Internet plan, the cost of unlimited is just $10 from Nexicom. The additional cost to get unlimited Gigabit Internet would just be $10 since I already have the Nexicom Bell login.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
nonfatalexec wrote: I understand that there are different download usage limits options. Upgrading to Gigabit Internet supposedly costs $10 more. If the Nexicom Bell login works with the Gigabit Internet plan, the cost of unlimited is just $10 from Nexicom. The additional cost to get unlimited Gigabit Internet would just be $10 since I already have the Nexicom Bell login.
Upgrading to Gigabit 125GB would be $10 more, you are correct.

Based on their response, they are clearly manipulating the facts (by saying that it is already unlimited) which I would address in your response to them.
[OP]
Jun 23, 2010
276 posts
139 upvotes
North York
Nexicom confirmed that the Nexicom Bell login won't work with Bell's Gigabit plan due to the infrastructure difference.