Expired Hot Deals

[Next Departure] Toronto to Tel Aviv As Low as $199 - One Way and Round Trip $399 CAD

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2017 4:00 pm
Jun 26, 2010
403 posts
201 upvotes
Vancouver
shabbydog wrote:
May 16th, 2017 6:49 pm
When airfare is this inexpensive, is it still safe to fly?
Agree... Tel Aviv is definitely on my bucket list, along with a hop over to Jordan to see Petra.

What I meant by the safety comment was I remember reading somewhere about low-cost airlines and how they are not as safe to fly. This occurred after the Air Asia crash in Dec.2014. I'm a bit of an anxious paranoid flyer and despise air travel, even though I try not to let it stop me from going places.
Jul 8, 2011
874 posts
349 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
shabbydog wrote:
May 17th, 2017 11:33 am
Agree... Tel Aviv is definitely on my bucket list, along with a hop over to Jordan to see Petra.

What I meant by the safety comment was I remember reading somewhere about low-cost airlines and how they are not as safe to fly. This occurred after the Air Asia crash in Dec.2014. I'm a bit of an anxious paranoid flyer and despise air travel, even though I try not to let it stop me from going places.
In theory, they are held to the same standards as regular airlines. The price difference is usually made up in removing the frills. For example this flight to Tel Aviv, $64 bucks each way for carry-ons and $90 one-way for luggage. When I took Ryanair a few years ago, the seats didn't recline and they were selling lottery tickets. Plus they charged 20 euros for non-european passports. Basically, you get nickle and dimed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5370 posts
1160 upvotes
shabbydog wrote:
May 17th, 2017 11:33 am

My son took a bus tour from Eilat to Petra - said it was worth doing and the photo's he took were amazing - they filmed an Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade scene at Petra.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2006
1167 posts
57 upvotes
K-W
Seems dead. Couldn't find any dates for that price just now