Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1188 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
ME Andromeda Screenshots

15k screenshot
10k screenshot
CPU: Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz GPU: GTX980 2xSLI (MSI Gaming 4G, Asus Strix) RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB DDR4-3000 Case: CM Storm Trooper
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Dual Fan
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80+ Bronze Monitor: Dell P2715Q 27.0" UHD
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Ocarina of Time gear

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Parappa the Rapper Remastered (PS4)

The only game where you rap battle to skip the line to use a public toilet, with the losers crapping their pants.

Kyle Bosman gets the "U Rapping Cool" rating for all songs:

Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 4th, 2017 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Lego City Undercover (Nintendo Switch).

I got this game for $25 from Amazon's price error for pre-orders but I really dislike this game.

The humor in Lego City feels so forced as if the writers tried to squeeze out as many jokes as they possibly could
in hopes that something would stick. Groan inducing stuff like "If I make two more arrests this month, I'll win a waffle iron!".

Really bad wriing, such as "The last person there has to buy the chief donuts for a month!" and 10 seconds later
the guy would call and tell you "I went the wrong way, I want to call off the bet" when the bank that is being robbed is about 60 meters away from
the Police station where you both start.

In one of the early missions where you go arrest some burglars one of them says some
kindergarten level dribble like "you can't catch me, NA NA NA NA NA".

Although I dislike Lego Parody games in general. They are like the Funko Pop caricatures of video game or movie characters IMO.
I rather see game designers make ones that look like and resemble the actual source material, characters they are supposed to represent instead of Lego-lized versions.

This new version does have co-op play which was not in the Wii U version. It does have noticeable framerate slowdown issues.
I don't think I would ever want to play this game again, and will sell or trade it in somewhere.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Persona 5 (PS4) - The most uniquely stylish game I've seen. Probably my frontrunner for 2017 game of the year so far.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 5th, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
May 9, 2007
772 posts
195 upvotes
A couple of things. It doesn't seem like you enjoy the Lego series to begin with. Secondly when I play a nintendo game I expect light hearted and childish humor. Normally i can't finish these Lego games but I played this one on the wii u when there wasn't much else to play. It's my favorite in the series and was disappointed that more people wouldn't get to play this gem. I couldn't in good conscious recommend this game over any of the recent influx of AAA games released lately but for parents looking for a safe and violence free game, Lego games are always a safe bet. Plus they are super long so present a good value for money.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5082 posts
1560 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 11:18 pm
A couple of things. It doesn't seem like you enjoy the Lego series to begin with. Secondly when I play a nintendo game I expect light hearted and childish humor. Normally i can't finish these Lego games but I played this one on the wii u when there wasn't much else to play. It's my favorite in the series and was disappointed that more people wouldn't get to play this gem. I couldn't in good conscious recommend this game over any of the recent influx of AAA games released lately but for parents looking for a safe and violence free game, Lego games are always a safe bet. Plus they are super long so present a good value for money.
Agreed Lego City Undercover was by far my favorite LEGO game. It actually had good gameplay and mission design, much better than the countless other LEGO games that rely on big name franchise gimmicks while having bland uninteresting gameplay and levels. Too bad the new release sounds like it's awful on all platforms. Still hoping the PC version gets patched up
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
For Lego City Undercover, I finished up to the end of this mission where you catch the 3rd bank robber, but it was at about here where
I decided I was not going to want to play any further.

The dialogue in Lego City Undercover gets too childish and I generally do not like the aesthetic of Lego games in general. I don't see the appeal of its visuals and it is similar
to how I look at those Funko Pop figures that are also relatively popular as well. I never was interested in Legos when I was a kid so there is that bias.

That overbearing Homer Simpson-type dunce that acts completely dumb and says things like "it's a compuper" gets annoying too.
I ordered it from the Amazon $25 price-error pre-order but I knew I was not going to want to keep it anyway due to the reasons above beforehand.
ReeGee wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 11:44 pm
Agreed Lego City Undercover was by far my favorite LEGO game. It actually had good gameplay and mission design, much better than the countless other LEGO games that rely on big name franchise gimmicks while having bland uninteresting gameplay and levels. Too bad the new release sounds like it's awful on all platforms. Still hoping the PC version gets patched up

Some of these jokes seem like they were written by somebody that has only ever used a crayon to write things.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5861 posts
1230 upvotes
Yooka Laylee (PS4 Pro). Received my pre-order early. Below average gameplay and bad sound design. Good looking graphics in most areas.
It has very inconsistent quality in the level design and task variety.

Yooka Laylee has a below average 68 out of 100 metacritic aggregate right now.
I was looking forward to it earlier but after playing it, I would not recommend this game unless you really like
the gameplay of Banjo-Kazooie on the N64.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... oka-laylee

Last edited by XFactor11 on Apr 7th, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 14, 2003
377 posts
77 upvotes
Dundas
Horizon Zero Dawn. Started playing about a week ago. There are so many screenshot worthy moments! It's a beautiful looking game.
Images
  • Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170409191547.jpg
  • Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170404231816.jpg