PC & Video Games

The Next-Gen Screenshot Thread

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
For 2018, Detroit: Become Human (PS4) might set a new graphical standard for this genre (Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, etc.)

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6304 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
Giza area in AC:O is absolutely stunning. Exploring and doing quests in this area at 60fps is just jaw dropping.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Cuphead (XBox One X)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 10th, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Dragon Ball FighterZ - open beta test (XBox One X)

Finally a good Dragon Ball Z Fighting game.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jan 14th, 2018 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Dragon Ball FighterZ - open beta test (XBox One X)

Nov 7, 2010
337 posts
124 upvotes
Guelph
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 2:48 am
Dragon Ball FighterZ - open beta test (XBox One X) ...
That looks real snazzy. Too bad i absolutely suck at fighting games... beyond Fight Night.
Ugh where is our modern age Fight Night... the game looked crazy good on X360!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Street Fighter V Arcade Edition (PS4 Pro)

Ryu's favourite stalker, Sakura, makes the roster.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter (XBox One X)

Free if you have an XBox Game Pass Subscription. It involves case solving but has
way less action, some boring sections and is nowhere close to being as good as L.A. Noire IMO.

Played through the first case and while the resolution was interesting, it is somewhat boring to get to that point.
The one good part about this game is that if you are a bad detective, you can actually convict the wrong person if you don't link the clues correctly due to bad deductive reasoning.

Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1117 posts
300 upvotes
Well it depends on what you consider boring. I really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. It's very chill and relaxed game. Of course being Sherlock Holmes there's a lot of detective and sleuthing involved. Probably not as good as LA Noire but I enjoyed it enough that I'd be interested in checking out some of the previous games in the series.

I played this on the Xbox One S and it had some noticeable framerate issues. I definitely plan to check this out on the X whenever Xbox gamepass goes on sale again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6737 posts
1680 upvotes
Final Fantasy IX (PS4)

This is one of my least favourite main entry Final Fantasy games.
The PS4 version does have the improvements of the PC version but the PC version is also just a port of the iOS remaster and not a remake.
Still a big improvement over the PS1 original.

Bryson wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 2:44 pm
Well it depends on what you consider boring. I really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter. It's very chill and relaxed game. Of course being Sherlock Holmes there's a lot of detective and sleuthing involved. Probably not as good as LA Noire but I enjoyed it enough that I'd be interested in checking out some of the previous games in the series.

I played this on the Xbox One S and it had some noticeable framerate issues. I definitely plan to check this out on the X whenever Xbox gamepass goes on sale again.
XBox Game pass is $6+ tax per month if you log in here. It might be a targeted offer just like how the other subscription offers are targeted.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p ... 0k6l8/0001

Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1117 posts
300 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 11:27 am
Final Fantasy IX (PS4)

This is one of my least favourite main entry Final Fantasy games.
The PS4 version does have the improvements of the PC version but the PC version is also just a port of the iOS remaster and not a remake.
Still a big improvement over the PS1 original.

XBox Game pass is $6+ tax per month if you log in here. It might be a targeted offer just like how the other subscription offers are targeted.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p ... 0k6l8/0001
Xbox game pass is showing full price for me. Thanks though. It was a dollar over the holidays lol. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments is currently on sale. I'm thinking about picking it up. It's supposed to be the best one in the series.

Those FF9 pics look really nice considering it was a PS1 game.