PC & Video Games

The Next-Gen Screenshot Thread

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: I think Berseria is right up there with Vesperia, at least so far. It definitely is darker and and the same time funnier as well.
The writing of the dialogue is really good for this series. I have played all of the main "Tales of" games since Vesperia and Berseria is the best
one made since that one...
Yeah I've heard good things about it too (and bad things about Zestiria), but it's the same reason that it's getting all this praise that I'm reluctant to dive in right now. I'm looking for something heartwarming and preppy, and probably that's why Zestiria is getting a better reading from me than it is elsewhere. I think Berseria can wait until I'm finished with the Witcher 3 first.

Did they change the combat system at all? Graphics look quite a bit better than Zestiria, though I wish they'd go back to the brighter, static camera of Vesperia to hit closer to the anime cutscenes.
Bored...
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
The battle system is improved but the series' battle system has not changed that significantly over the years. There is a quick sidestep dodge move.
I think Berseria is likely to replace Vesperia and the Abyss as my favourite in the series from what I've played so far.
The story is more engrossing.

BYan wrote: Yeah I've heard good things about it too (and bad things about Zestiria), but it's the same reason that it's getting all this praise that I'm reluctant to dive in right now. I'm looking for something heartwarming and preppy, and probably that's why Zestiria is getting a better reading from me than it is elsewhere. I think Berseria can wait until I'm finished with the Witcher 3 first.

Did they change the combat system at all? Graphics look quite a bit better than Zestiria, though I wish they'd go back to the brighter, static camera of Vesperia to hit closer to the anime cutscenes.

Tales of Berseria (PS4 Pro)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 7th, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Tomb Raider reboot Definitive Edition (PS4 Pro)

Some screenshots I took while testing out the new PS4 Pro boost mode.
I thought these might make good wallpapers.

Video of the gameplay I captured the screenshots from:
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Tales of Berseria PS4 (alternate DLC costumes).

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 12th, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Yakuza 0 (PS4 Pro)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 12th, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Yakuza 0 (PS4 Pro)

The playable game selection in the arcade is not good but it is due to Yakuza 0 being
set in the 1980s.

Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
For Honor (PS4 Pro).

It has an okay single player campaign but it is more fun to play online multiplayer rather than beat up on the A.I. enemies.
Like with The Division, it requires a constant online connection to play even the single player content.

I got it from Amazon E3 2015 pre-orders for $37 so I figure I could play it and trade it in for around $30-40 credit anyway.

The single player content can be played co-op with two players online by inviting someone on your friend's list that also has the game.
Although the online modes are more fun than the single player story due to being a lot more spontaneous.

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: For Honor multiplayer mode (PS4 Pro)
Lol dude how many games do you buy? It seems like you must go down to EB every month and just tell them to hand over every new release there is.

Waiting for your inevitable Horizon: Zero Dawn screenshots. Apparently that game is supposed to be a looker and then some.
Bored...
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
BYan wrote: Lol dude how many games do you buy? It seems like you must go down to EB every month and just tell them to hand over every new release there is.

Waiting for your inevitable Horizon: Zero Dawn screenshots. Apparently that game is supposed to be a looker and then some.
I work roughly 48-60 hours a week. Over the past few years I've probably bought around 30-35 games per year.
Worked a 12 hour shift today.

I do most of my pre-orders from Amazon or Best Buy E3 sales for the 20-30% off deals.
I don't go to EB Games at all unless I have some games I don't want anymore (such as Just Cause 3) and if they have a good trade promo towards consoles or double credit
(PS4 Pro deal, Nintendo Switch deal).

I usually pre-order any games I might have interest in playing during the E3 promo and if I change my mind later I cancel them.
(ie. I cancelled Watch Dogs 2, and Hitman the Complete Season last year)

It is more convenient to pre-order at Amazon because you can cancel individual items from orders manually on your end if you change your mind,
instead of having to phone in to Best Buy customer service every time to ask them to cancel certain items off of multiple item orders.
Amazon's shipping promptness is inconsistent however, even with Amazon Prime.

However, I've probably only completely finished around 20% of the games I bought last year because of the lack of time.
A lot of games got delayed into 2017 or release in early 2017 to avoid having to compete with the holiday lineup (ie. avoiding releasing near Call of Duty, or Red Dead Redemption 2).

Tales of Berseria (PS4 Pro)

Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Seems like a waste of money at that point, if you don't finish them all.

There's no rule that says you have to play every release to be a fan of video games. Unless that's your thing, then keep on.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
Well maybe he enjoys buying games as much as he does playing them. By his own estimation he's taking home 3 titles a month, so it's no surprise he's getting all the new releases. Most people never finish their games anyway but by this point, MS, Sony and Nintendo should be fighting over him, being such a valued customer and all.
Bored...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)