PC & Video Games

The Next-Gen Screenshot Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2017 4:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
The battle system is improved but the series' battle system has not changed that significantly over the years. There is a quick sidestep dodge move.
I think Berseria is likely to replace Vesperia and the Abyss as my favourite in the series from what I've played so far.
The story is more engrossing.

BYan wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 5:05 pm
Yeah I've heard good things about it too (and bad things about Zestiria), but it's the same reason that it's getting all this praise that I'm reluctant to dive in right now. I'm looking for something heartwarming and preppy, and probably that's why Zestiria is getting a better reading from me than it is elsewhere. I think Berseria can wait until I'm finished with the Witcher 3 first.

Did they change the combat system at all? Graphics look quite a bit better than Zestiria, though I wish they'd go back to the brighter, static camera of Vesperia to hit closer to the anime cutscenes.

Tales of Berseria (PS4 Pro)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 7th, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
Tomb Raider reboot Definitive Edition (PS4 Pro)

Some screenshots I took while testing out the new PS4 Pro boost mode.
I thought these might make good wallpapers.

Video of the gameplay I captured the screenshots from:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
Tales of Berseria PS4 (alternate DLC costumes).

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 12th, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
Yakuza 0 (PS4 Pro)

Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 12th, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
Yakuza 0 (PS4 Pro)

The playable game selection in the arcade is not good but it is due to Yakuza 0 being
set in the 1980s.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5769 posts
1207 upvotes
For Honor (PS4 Pro).

It has an okay single player campaign but it is more fun to play online multiplayer rather than beat up on the A.I. enemies.
Like with The Division, it requires a constant online connection to play even the single player content.

I got it from Amazon E3 2015 pre-orders for $37 so I figure I could play it and trade it in for around $30-40 credit anyway.

The single player content can be played co-op with two players online by inviting someone on your friend's list that also has the game.
Although the online modes are more fun than the single player story due to being a lot more spontaneous.

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 12:40 am
For Honor multiplayer mode (PS4 Pro)
Lol dude how many games do you buy? It seems like you must go down to EB every month and just tell them to hand over every new release there is.

Waiting for your inevitable Horizon: Zero Dawn screenshots. Apparently that game is supposed to be a looker and then some.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.