Page 125 of 248

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 17th, 2013 11:40 pm
by Mario38
The $3.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the August 17 draw was won - one winning ticket sold in Ontario. Sales of 5.9 million tickets were 31% lower than average and 9% higher than the previous draw. There was a 65% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 28% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 7% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 28%.

Good luck.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 18th, 2013 2:46 am
by fjfj00005
Mario38 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2013 7:27 pm
There have been a dearth of $50 million Lotto Max jackpots this year. In the previous 3 calendar years, 2010, 2011 & 2012, there were 13, 12 & 21 $50 million jackpots respectively. We are in the second half of 2013 and there have only been two $50 jackpots so far this year. There are not enough draws left in 2013 to break the record number of 21 large jackpots set in 2012.
Good luck.
Same thing to the 649. I noticed 649 is getting harder and harder to reach 10 million.
For example, this month, August:
the 3rd day of August, 2 jackpot winners, 1.6 million each
10th, 1 jackpot winner, less than 7 million
14th, 1 winner, 3 million
and yesterday, 17th, 1 winner, 3 million

All of these have proved that it is NOT difficult to win the jackpot of max/649
otherwise you cannot explain why max/649 jackpots couldn't get high amount

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 18th, 2013 10:05 am
by brandonl
did the OLG website show who wins the 649 lottery even if its like $3 million? i think it only shows people who win like 10 million or more.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 18th, 2013 12:37 pm
by fjfj00005
brandonl wrote:
Aug 18th, 2013 10:05 am
did the OLG website show who wins the 649 lottery even if its like $3 million? i think it only shows people who win like 10 million or more.
OLG shows all the players' name, sex and address who won over 1000CAD on they website of course including 3M

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 18th, 2013 1:02 pm
by badmus
Olg lists major winners in one section and then all winners $1000 and over are listed here http://www.olg.ca/about/media/winner_list.jsp so you just need to know when the person comes to pick it up. You can also use Loto quebec to tell which province the prize was won anytime there is a major lotto max/lotto 649 winner.

As for the previous post, lotto 649 is increasing to $3 next month which should make it harder to win and lets not forget there was a record lotto 649 jackpot earlier this year and late last year there was also a huge run with some huge jackpots in the $40 million range for 649

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 19th, 2013 12:44 am
by Mario38
fjfj00005 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2013 2:46 am
Same thing to the 649. I noticed 649 is getting harder and harder to reach 10 million.
For example, this month, August:
the 3rd day of August, 2 jackpot winners, 1.6 million each
10th, 1 jackpot winner, less than 7 million
14th, 1 winner, 3 million
and yesterday, 17th, 1 winner, 3 million

All of these have proved that it is NOT difficult to win the jackpot of max/649
otherwise you cannot explain why max/649 jackpots couldn't get high amount
Like many random events, lotteries often have very high variances. Even though the flip of coin will come up heads 50% of the time, there are streaks with several heads in a row.

For the last 14 Lotto 649 draws, there were an expected 6 winning jackpot tickets, based on sales. In fact, there 12 winning tickets - twice the expected number.

Earlier this year, again for Lotto 649, there were 17 draws in a row with only 2 winning jackpot tickets where the expected number (based on sales) was 8 winning tickets.

With Lotto Max this year, there have been only two $50 million jackpots because there have been 50% more winning jackpot tickets than expected.

Good luck.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 19th, 2013 2:15 am
by fjfj00005
make much sense, thank you!

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 19th, 2013 9:32 pm
by AustralianGQ
fjfj00005 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2013 12:37 pm
OLG shows all the players' name, sex and address who won over 1000CAD on they website of course including 3M
strange cause i dont need a list?

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 10:09 am
by Mario38
badmus wrote:
Aug 18th, 2013 1:02 pm
Olg lists major winners in one section and then all winners $1000 and over are listed here http://www.olg.ca/about/media/winner_list.jsp so you just need to know when the person comes to pick it up. You can also use Loto quebec to tell which province the prize was won anytime there is a major lotto max/lotto 649 winner.
Interesting list of winners for August 16. A person cashed in 30 winning Daily Keno tickets for $1,0000 each. Must have trusted the numbers well enough to play the same numbers 30 times.

Good luck.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 4:16 pm
by fjfj00005
Mario38 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2013 10:09 am
Interesting list of winners for August 16. A person cashed in 30 winning Daily Keno tickets for $1,0000 each. Must have trusted the numbers well enough to play the same numbers 30 times.

Good luck.
Oh yeah, his name is KAMEL HUSSEIN.
But it's not 10000 each, it's 1 thousand dollars each.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 4:19 pm
by fjfj00005
I often play the same pick-4 number 10 times in one draw. If I could win, I would earn 50,000 dollars.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 4:42 pm
by Mario38
fjfj00005 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2013 4:16 pm
Oh yeah, his name is KAMEL HUSSEIN.
But it's not 10000 each, it's 1 thousand dollars each.
Thanks. It was a typo.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 20th, 2013 10:02 pm
by badmus
Mario38 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2013 10:09 am
Interesting list of winners for August 16. A person cashed in 30 winning Daily Keno tickets for $1,0000 each. Must have trusted the numbers well enough to play the same numbers 30 times.

Good luck.
I wonder how often he did that before he won, I remember the bc guy earlier this year that got 2 of the 4 winning tickets for the record lotto 649 jackpot because he plays the same number twice for each draw. I would never do it though

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2013 12:09 am
by Mario38
The $3.1 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the August 21 draw was not won and is an estimated $7 million for the next draw. Sales of 5.4 million tickets were 38% lower than average and 10% lower than the previous draw. There was a 68% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 26% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 6% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 28%.

Good luck.

Re: Lotto Max group play - $88 million jackpot for August 5 draw - $20 to join

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2013 11:27 am
by Mario38
The $72 million Powerball jackpot for the August 21, 2013 draw set a new record high jackpot after 3 rolls. The previous record high of $70 million is the minimum jackpot after 3 rolls.

Good luck.