Group Buys

Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2016 2:31 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $11.6 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the February 20 draw was not won and is an estimated $16 million for the next draw. Sales of 6.9 million tickets were 21% lower than average and 4% lower than the previous draw. There was a 61% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 30% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 9% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was an above average 55% and included 4% from the bonus draw. The $1.5 million bonus draw was won - one winning ticket sold in Ontario.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $10 million Lotto Max jackpot for the February 22 draw was not won and is $20 million for the next draw. Sales of $25.1 million were 36% lower than average and 21% lower than the previous draw and the lowest sales since September 2011. There was a 84% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 15% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 1% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 27%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $3.1 million.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $16.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the February 23 draw was not won and is an estimated $21 million for the next draw. Sales of 8.6 million tickets were 2% lower than average and 23% higher than the previous draw. There was a 54% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 33% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 13% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was an above average 66% and included 4% from the bonus draw. The $1.5 million bonus draw was not won.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1620 posts
257 upvotes
Brampton
Question for you, do you ever buy combination tickets? what are your views on them and which number combination (5,7,8 or 9) do you prefer if any? I find it give you better coverage of the numbers and maximizes your winnings but I want your views on it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
badmus wrote:
Feb 24th, 2013 6:30 pm
Question for you, do you ever buy combination tickets? what are your views on them and which number combination (5,7,8 or 9) do you prefer if any? I find it give you better coverage of the numbers and maximizes your winnings but I want your views on it.
Combination tickets are not a good buy and I never play them. Spending the same amount of money on single tickets results in a larger combined expected value (payout) than a combination ticket. The problem with a combination ticket is you may win multiple second tier prizes. The second tier prizes have a parimutuel payment and therefore, as the number of prizes increase, the amount of the prize decreases. It is somewhat like buying two identical tickets - you are hoping to split the jackpot with yourself but at twice the cost.

Some people say they want to win multiple second tier prizes. That is understandable. But when one wins multiple second tier prizes with a combination ticket, it is usually in the situation in which they have also won the jackpot. That is, all 7 numbers in a Lotto 649 game match. In that situation, a player is giving up some expected value (payout) in order to win an amount greater than the jackpot. When is winning just the jackpot not enough?

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The groups are buying a total of 1,000 Lotto 649 tickets for the February 27 draw. The jackpot is an estimated $21 million and is the largest jackpot since the December 8 draw.

There are shares available in all 10 regular groups.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
1620 posts
257 upvotes
Brampton
I checked your website and I see a price to join for some of the groups like $2x but when you click on the actual group it says $10 a month so which one is it. What is the cost of joining all the groups just for tomorrow's draw or for a month if I cant join for only tomorrow? how much will I win if a group wins? Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
badmus wrote:
Feb 25th, 2013 8:50 pm
I checked your website and I see a price to join for some of the groups like $2x but when you click on the actual group it says $10 a month so which one is it. What is the cost of joining all the groups just for tomorrow's draw? Thanks
The ongoing monthly cost to remain in a group is $10 per month. The cost to join is based on how much the group currently is holding. Each of the 10 regular groups are holding the January and February dues and the money won in December.

The cost to join all 10 regular groups for just the February 27 Lotto 649 draw is $80 ($8 per group). This amount may go down if more people join the groups.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
badmus wrote:
Feb 25th, 2013 9:42 pm
So legally how is your group different from the ones you mentioned in your faq here http://www.lotterygroup.info/FAQ.htm#Anchor-Ca-28735 I know you dont charge as much markup fees as they do but I just wanted to know.
The groups are legal for the following 3 reasons.

1. Members of the groups are not buying tickets. They are paying their share of the cost of tickets bought for the group.

2. I am not selling tickets to members. I am buying tickets for the groups as recommended by the five Canadian lottery jurisdictions as detailed on their respective websites.

3. Most importantly, I am not profiting from the management of the groups. Making a profit is apparently in violation of the Criminal Code of Canada even though group play has never been directly challenged in court. I am not interesting in making a profit and most certainly not interested in being the first test case.

Legal firms, under the direction of some of the lottery jurisdictions have asked me to make some changes to the website. I made the requested changes. I assume everything else on the website is OK with them.

Hope that answers your question.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $21.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the February 27 draw was not won and is an estimated $30 million for the next draw. Sales of 8.9 million tickets were 1% higher than average and 4% higher than the previous draw. There was a 53% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 34% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 13% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a well above average 79% and included 4% from the bonus draw. The $1.5 million bonus draw was not won.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $20 million Lotto Max jackpot for the March 1 draw was not won and is $30 million for the next draw. Sales of $27.3 million were 30% lower than average and 9% higher than the previous draw. There was a 83% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 16% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 1% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 34%. The jackpot was under funded from sales by $5.7 million.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $30 million Lotto 649 bonus jackpot for the March 2 draw was won - 1 winning ticket sold in Ontario. Sales of 10.5 million tickets were 19% higher than average and 17% higher than the previous draw. There was a 47% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 35% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 18% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a well above average 94%. The jackpot was underfunded from sales by $2.5 million.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 5, 2007
3583 posts
253 upvotes
The $3.1 million Lotto 649 jackpot for the March 6 draw was not won and is an estimated $7 million for the next draw. Sales of 5.8 million tickets were 34% lower than average and 45% lower than the previous draw. There was a 66% chance the jackpot would not be won, a 27% chance of 1 winning ticket and a 7% chance of 2 or more winners. The payout was a very low 28%.

Good luck.
Next possible group launch - C$210 million Euro Millions jackpot for October 4 draw - $20 to join
Mario's Lottery Group Play Thread
× < >

Top