• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2014 8:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2234 posts
130 upvotes
Just asked the best nextgen deal for this Friday in the gaming thread not sure why squadz is really heated. Thanks to all those who contributed going to try for the Walmart XBone.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
^Aren't you playing DA Inquisition on a PC? Your PC is probably more "next-gen" than either of these consoles though. :lol:
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
anonyjjang wrote: Yeah, cuz I did my own research. Is that a bad thing????
Absolutely not...you did research based on your needs...

OP's only criteria was cheapest price so his needs are already different than yours. I'm sure if someone asked "Which console has the highest res games", there would be no argument that the PS4 wins.

People get so defensive/passionate about gaming decisions it's pretty funny...if only people put that much passion in their daily lives.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
jdmkidd wrote: Just asked the best nextgen deal for this Friday in the gaming thread not sure why squadz is really heated. Thanks to all those who contributed going to try for the Walmart XBone.
Not heated, just this topic comes up way too often and it's annoying for the boards.

Also, you're in the wrong area, we have a dedicated Black Friday forum.

The best part? You knew which system was the cheapest. It's the system that isn't selling, so this whole thread is a waste as it's only based on price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
Maybe OP should get a WiiU

:lol:
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote: This thread is going to get locked.
[IMG]http://www.freaktab.com/images/smilies/rofl%20(1).gif[/IMG]

Um....is there a Moderator in the house??

Calling Dr. MTommy....calling Dr. MTommy....you are needed in the PC and Videogames forums....STAT!

LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
OP, you could have saved Squadz the greif,
There is awhole thread dedicated to the lowest price on next-gen gaming consoles on black friday over here.

ps4-xb1-console-roundup-ca-us-1608827/
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
SpicYMchaggis wrote: OP, you could have saved Squadz the greif,
There is awhole thread dedicated to the lowest price on next-gen gaming consoles on black friday over here.

ps4-xb1-console-roundup-ca-us-1608827/
My depression knows no bounds!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
This type of argument has been made countless times before. You're buying it for yourself, so buy the one that YOU want and which is going to make you happier.

If you aren't really sure which one you want, buy it from a place like Futureshop, where you can return the console if you don't like it.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
jdmkidd wrote: It is time for me to get on the next gen console wagon. Is the $349.99 + $50 Gift Card Walmart Black Friday XBone the best deal out there? I don't really have a preference I think both systems are solid. But will obviously go for cheapest one I can this Friday.
You can go cheapest and it's likely you're going to score an XBone. Of course it's cheap for a reason and you will certainly get what you pay for it. I hope you're not the type that has buyer's remorse. Can't help you with that.
FlyingSquirrel wrote: PS4 has no gaemz! discuss.
No discussion needed. Just check this out: http://www.listwar.com/
;)
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Jun 30, 2013
52 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
My current console line up is:
XBox 360
XBox One
PS3
Wii U
2 x 3DS XL
PC

My PS3 and Wii U are dust collectors - I hardly play them at all.

I do however spend all my time on the Xb1. It's not without issues, I personally hate the UI/navigation that they've implemented. It's clumsy compared to what I used with the 360. The Kinect is nice - not for games but for media: I can mute/volume control/navigate with voice commands. It seems like it has a 95% success rate when I use commands. It's great for going through Netflix or Plex without having to find your controller/remote.

I saw a post once comparing the PS4 to the XB1:
The PS4 is a gaming system that also plays media.
The XB1 is a media system that also plays games.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
^pc is not a console
Jun 30, 2013
52 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
divx wrote: ^pc is not a console
Nor is a 3DS.

PC is the Master Race. :D
Nov 19, 2014
59 posts
4 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
XBone is a piece of garbage. UI is just like the failed Windows 8, online community is full of kids with language, installation+download takes hours just for a simple game, and most of all, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underperformed.

4K TV is becoming mainstream and something called "Next Gen" console can't output 1080p? Are you kidding me?

I went to my friend's house, saw PS4, and immediately switched to PS4. If you can't see the difference in graphics and performance, you need some glasses. I'd rather get the cheap xbox360. It bring the same performance as XBone. gg.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
637 upvotes
BC
The OP asked a simple question and he got some really great answers. :twisted: Bet he still cannot decide.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
anonyjjang wrote: XBone is a piece of garbage. UI is just like the failed Windows 8, online community is full of kids with language, installation+download takes hours just for a simple game, and most of all, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay underperformed.

4K TV is becoming mainstream and something called "Next Gen" console can't output 1080p? Are you kidding me?

I went to my friend's house, saw PS4, and immediately switched to PS4. If you can't see the difference in graphics and performance, you need some glasses. I'd rather get the cheap xbox360. It bring the same performance as XBone. gg.
Not sure you realize, but this post is essentially the exactly same thing you posted earlier in this same thread.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ackis81 wrote: Nor is a 3DS.

PC is the Master Race. :D
3ds is a handheld console
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2234 posts
130 upvotes
insync44 wrote: The OP asked a simple question and he got some really great answers. :twisted: Bet he still cannot decide.
I got the Assassin's Creed $350 bundle! thanks.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12726 upvotes
Toronto
anonyjjang wrote: XBone is a piece of garbage. UI is just like the failed Windows 8, online community is full of kids with language, installation+download takes hours just for a simple game, and most of all, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaay underperformed.

But it you were to drop an Xbox One from 15 feet above, you'd still be able to play games...take that PS4! :lol: