Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO

Nexus 4 Keeps Dropping Signal Serious Issue

Hi, my nexus 4 keeps loosing signal. I cut my own sim and put it in and it connects. It shows full bars and i am able to use data, talk and text. It then randomly drops signal, and then picks it up again. It keeps on doing that at home/outside. Not sure if there is something wrong with my sim, the way I cut it or if it is a defect. I'm really hoping its not a defect. It's actually starting to get really annoying especially the times when I really need my phone.
15 replies
Jul 8, 2012
229 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
:P Sell it to me
-------------------
$9K+ spent in 4 years on purchases inspired by deals websites.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
Do you think its a defect?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
I'm with Wind Mobile. I have used a Galaxy Nexus/S3 and nothing like that happened. Even with my blackberry curve. Its just constant dropping and them comming back. I'm really hoping its not an hardware issue.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43213 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
zakregent wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 1:09 am
I'm with Wind Mobile. I have used a Galaxy Nexus/S3 and nothing like that happened. Even with my blackberry curve. Its just constant dropping and them comming back. I'm really hoping its not an hardware issue.
I think it's like that.. Someone else has the same problem.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
I bought this off someone too, its going to be a hassle. Should I go buy a new sim and test it out?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43213 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
zakregent wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 1:16 am
I bought this off someone too, its going to be a hassle. Should I go buy a new sim and test it out?
Did you buy it used or brand new? It might have been the guy with the issue, LOL.
What i suggest is probably use your friends Micro SIM and see if the signal drops using their SIM/Carrier.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5255 posts
120 upvotes
Nepean
It might just be weak hardware...
heatware available upon request
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
10661 posts
1664 upvotes
Toronto
If you suspect it may be the SIM, go to a corporate wind store, they will give you a new SIM for free. The new ones have both regular and micro capability.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
Nope, went and bought a new micro sim for my nexus 4. Still same issue. I'm going try to flash stock and see what happens.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
UPDATE: Flashed stock and still same issue guess this is a hardware issue, *****
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1439 posts
270 upvotes
TORONTO
UPDATE: When I turn off data, everything works fine. There is nothing wrong I can talk, text and do what ever without a signal drop in service. But when I get data back the service just drops and the internet does not even work. I called wind and they told me my data works fine.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43213 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
zakregent wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 12:06 am
UPDATE: When I turn off data, everything works fine. There is nothing wrong I can talk, text and do what ever without a signal drop in service. But when I get data back the service just drops and the internet does not even work. I called wind and they told me my data works fine.
Well it's confirmed their data blows, lol.
× < >