None
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
any updates?

looks like there will be a blackout until after new year........... :D
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
yawn..............
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Mar 8, 2008
710 posts
30 upvotes
Bought a sealed 8GB last Wednesday in a private sale (Kijiji) that came out of the box with a dirty screen! The front screen protector was covered with fingerprint-sized dirty circles, as if the final assembler in South Korea handled my phone without using gloves. Even the seller appeared shocked and tried to assure me that he never opened the box. LG surely has some quality control issues.
"If you have a target in your life, a real target, doesn
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
Wow
11b guide
Dec 24, 2012
3 posts
3 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
Little Tim wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:54 pm
Nope. Expiry can be changed, but not the number.

I'm going to call them. I was finally provided with a phone number when I asked for contact details for a manager or supervisor - 1-855-83NEXUS.
Any update? The same thing happened to me. I called Google and the rep told me that the order will be canceled when they attempt to charge my card. So i asked to speak to a manager. The manager told me that once the system fails in its attempt to process my order, it will send an e-mail to inform me that I have 7 days to submit a valid credit card to complete the transaction. Sounds great, but I'm skeptical.
Nov 19, 2012
20 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
Lpkh722 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 12:49 pm
Any update? The same thing happened to me. I called Google and the rep told me that the order will be canceled when they attempt to charge my card. So i asked to speak to a manager. The manager told me that once the system fails in its attempt to process my order, it will send an e-mail to inform me that I have 7 days to submit a valid credit card to complete the transaction. Sounds great, but I'm skeptical.
This is what happened to me. Purchased on the third and card was immediately declined. Received an email immediately that said I had seven days to rectify. Got it straightened out and my order shows Dec 7 now. Card hold was placed on that date. If you're past 7 days from original order day, don't think you can change it anymore. Remember, this is all automated, and with volume on CSRs these days, don't see them doing much to go out of their way. Maybe you can complain that you didn't receive this notice. Hopefully it goes on sale again soon!
Nov 19, 2012
20 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
Man holiday planning is tough without a phone! Honestly never thought I still wouldn't have a phone when I first tried ordering an N4 on Nov 13th.
Mar 7, 2011
33 posts
6 upvotes
Bobsaget gave me an idea,
I got tired of waiting, so i went on kijiji and bought a N4 for 475$ yesterday morning
And I'm not gonna cancel my order, ill just sell it once i get it to make some of the difference
Aug 10, 2008
189 posts
20 upvotes
Kingston
My order date just updated to Dec 27 (from Dec 20). Still pre-ordered though. Hopefully a shipping notification soon!!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2516 posts
91 upvotes
teddyb wrote:
Dec 26th, 2012 10:49 pm
My order date just updated to Dec 27 (from Dec 20). Still pre-ordered though. Hopefully a shipping notification soon!!
Same. I just want it already. Google's shipping fiasco has effectively reduced the lifespan of this device by 1/4 depending on when you end up getting it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
teddyb wrote:
mariokarter wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 12:06 am
Same. I just want it already. Google's shipping fiasco has effectively reduced the lifespan of this device by 1/4 depending on when you end up getting it.
same here..........

where's the link to send an email requesting delivery date?
I can't find it anymore.

edit: found it

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bi ... er=2715831

Shipping Date is still the same: January 2nd.
11b guide
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2632 posts
546 upvotes
Toronto
Lpkh722 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2012 12:49 pm
I did call the number and spoke to another CSR. He told me to enter a new cc in my Google wallet, set it as my default and then delete the old cc that was associated with my order. I asked him several times to confirm that this would not in any way affect my order, and he replied that when the phone is ready to ship, they will try to charge the original cc, when that is declined they will go to the other card in my wallet. I got a confirmation number for the call, and I'm just hoping this will actually work out the way they explained.
Dec 24, 2006
426 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
teddyb wrote:
Same here... and I just got notification that my credit card was charged (literally minutes ago) which means it should be shipping soon hopefully (although Wallet still only shows Dec 3)

For reference, my order time: December 3, 2012 12:06:47 PM UTC-8
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
394 upvotes
GT&A
gobbledygoo wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 1:43 pm
Same here... and I just got notification that my credit card was charged (literally minutes ago) which means it should be shipping soon hopefully (although Wallet still only shows Dec 3)

For reference, my order time: December 3, 2012 12:06:47 PM UTC-8
Yep, my credit card was just charged.........

Looks like ours will be shipping January 2nd evening, according to that automated reply when you send that email.....

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of January 02.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bi ... er=2411789.
My order was placed December 3rd @ 3:06:34 EST
11b guide
× < >