Cell Phones

Nexus 4 on the way, but I have a Galaxy S3. Wind or Rogers.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2012 12:51 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2006
4674 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
kitty wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 12:20 pm
Thanks icemasta. Additional question: Can you go on WindTab with prepaid?
Nope, but be on postpaid.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1934 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
Wind, unlimited text calling and Data + Caller id and all that good stuff for only $40
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2459 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
wwedx wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 3:57 pm
Wind, unlimited text calling and Data + Caller id and all that good stuff for only $40
Sounds really good. I'm worried about reception. I might try a month with them with the new Nexus 4 and see how it goes. If I like it, then I'll sell both my Nexus and S3, and get a T999 Pentaband S3.
Nov 5, 2009
270 posts
24 upvotes
Sepharite wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:38 pm
Sounds really good. I'm worried about reception. I might try a month with them with the new Nexus 4 and see how it goes. If I like it, then I'll sell both my Nexus and S3, and get a T999 Pentaband S3.
It really depends where you live. I've been using my N4 on wind all around Toronto from the 410 to Ajax and have had steady HSPA coverage everywhere I have went. The only location that did not get signal was rural uxbridge, and that was expected considering the WIND towers dont stretch that far (yet). I would definitely try it out, and with no contract on a prepaid plan 40$ unlimited is a pretty shabby deal.

TLDR - Nexus 4 + WIND = win
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
saffant wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 12:37 pm
Not to mention that this is Android; people often use custom ROMs and create/store backups on the device itself.

EDIT: OP, keep the S3. Samsung just released the "Premium content" pack for the S3 in Poland which includes some pretty nifty features that the present Note II has eg. Multi-view, Smart-rotate etc. As far as variants go, you'd think that using it on WIND would use just as much battery since the phone is more likely to search for signals than competing Robellus devices. In any case, you could always flash a custom ROM and improve battery that way —the T999 probably has less support than the international or the LTE variant.

My two cents.
Smart rotate is present on Rogers jellybean update already. I have it on mine.

Battery life on stock touchwiz (with some bloat removed, just disable apps in app manager, root not even needed) is going to be somewhat better than non-samsung based ROMs always. Had this experience on Galaxy S1, now had it on the S3. I can stretch 4 hours usage on AOKP or Slimbean, but i can easily breeze past 5 hours on stock touchwiz with similar usage (mind you this includes some gaming too).
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Nov 30, 2012
44 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
kitty wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 12:20 pm
Thanks icemasta. Additional question: Can you go on WindTab with prepaid?
No.

Eligibility
"To be eligible to run a WINDtab, you must be a Pay After customer of WIND and
you must have passed our credit check."
× < >