[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
Hairball wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2017 5:22 pm
Yeah I think it might be the same problem... I warned my dad who has a 6p about this just to keep backups, he wouldn't mind a refund either if it happens. Face With Tears Of Joy

But seriously... it must be horrible design for so many phones to all die.
Its just pathetic...I am eyeing on a LG g6..hope I am not stepping into the same issue as this..
Jun 18, 2017
195 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
Welp that's good to know. Too bad as I really like this phone and got it dirt cheap right after launch, but it was via Craig's List so no warranty. Going to be keeping a closer eye on the Pixel 2 than I originally thought I was I guess.
That's my name...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9287 posts
438 upvotes
Markham
Got the refund of the second 5x on Monday.

It's nice they offered to honour the warranty even after a year, but this phone seriously sucks. I'm out. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
:lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
Hairball wrote:
Jun 28th, 2017 10:22 am
Got the refund of the second 5x on Monday.

It's nice they offered to honour the warranty even after a year, but this phone seriously sucks. I'm out. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Nice...still waiting for FutureTel to return my phone back..
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1310 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting that FutureTel is taking a while to return your phone. I sent in my LG G4 on Monday to FutureTel and they gave it back Friday. Sold the phone immediately so I don't know if it was the same phone or a crappier one. But I definitely didn't have to wait long for my phone :o
I love Witcher 3!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
thiefa wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 11:44 am
Interesting that FutureTel is taking a while to return your phone. I sent in my LG G4 on Monday to FutureTel and they gave it back Friday. Sold the phone immediately so I don't know if it was the same phone or a crappier one. But I definitely didn't have to wait long for my phone :o
Lucky you...Its been a month since my phone went in...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
Finally got my phone back on Monday from FutueTel. After 1 week short of 2 months. They changed the motherboard. The LG rep had told me they would need to downgrade my phone from 32gb to 16gb as its from the states. When I got the phone back with the new IMEI and motherboard they were able to retain the 32gb storage. I was lucky in that part. The delay was due to the motherboard being on back order.
Jul 30, 2008
73 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
So I received my repaired 5X (downgraded to 16GB), and went on vacation overseas two days later. Two days into the vacation the repaired 16GB unit had a bootloop issue. I just contacted FutureTel to see if they will warranty their work, but they told me that I need to contact LG again. LG is telling me that they should do the repair under warranty.

sr20de_99 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2017 1:05 pm
My wife's 5X died this morning. It was purchased Oct 2015. I contacted Google, but they've told me to call LG.

Just chatted with LG, they are going to repair it for free, but the phone will be downgraded from 32 to 16 GB.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
sr20de_99 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 4:59 pm
So I received my repaired 5X (downgraded to 16GB), and went on vacation overseas two days later. Two days into the vacation the repaired 16GB unit had a bootloop issue. I just contacted FutureTel to see if they will warranty their work, but they told me that I need to contact LG again. LG is telling me that they should do the repair under warranty.
Damn that sucks..I was lucky that they gave me back the phone with the 32gb storage it initially had..LG told me that they would need to downgrade me to 16gb but FutureTel managed to fix it while retaining the 32gb.

You would need to contact LG and get another work order before FutureTel will even look at the phone again.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9287 posts
438 upvotes
Markham
mrfirst wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:26 am
Hairball, did you buy Nexus 5X at Google Store?
Yes, last year.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9287 posts
438 upvotes
Markham
ninety5teg wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 4:42 pm
Finally got my phone back on Monday from FutueTel. After 1 week short of 2 months. They changed the motherboard. The LG rep had told me they would need to downgrade my phone from 32gb to 16gb as its from the states. When I got the phone back with the new IMEI and motherboard they were able to retain the 32gb storage. I was lucky in that part. The delay was due to the motherboard being on back order.
Hopefully it survives this time around!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
Hairball wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 9:04 am
Hopefully it survives this time around!
Hope so to...gave it to my nephew to use..
Mar 23, 2017
14 posts
8 upvotes
ninety5teg wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 11:26 am
Hope so to...gave it to my nephew to use..
So my phone finally got the dreaded boot loop issue :(
I was wondering if you help a fellow RFD by telling what you told CSR to get it repaired here, because they say my phone has is a US version and they simply wont repair it.
Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
m3usv1ta wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 6:15 pm
So my phone finally got the dreaded boot loop issue :(
I was wondering if you help a fellow RFD by telling what you told CSR to get it repaired here, because they say my phone has is a US version and they simply wont repair it.
Thanks
How did you go about it?

Did you go on LG Canda chat? I would start with that and then report back. If I am not mistaken I was just in time before they stopped offering repairs for any US LG repairs.

I would go back to LG Canada chat and try again if you haven't done so yet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)