• Nov 13th, 2017 4:50 pm
Tags:
Mar 23, 2017
14 posts
8 upvotes
ninety5teg wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:54 am
How did you go about it?

Did you go on LG Canda chat? I would start with that and then report back. If I am not mistaken I was just in time before they stopped offering repairs for any US LG repairs.

I would go back to LG Canada chat and try again if you haven't done so yet.
I went to LG Canada chat and was told to send it to FutureTel. After i sent it, i messaged them again and they asked for my IMEI and told its a US model and they wont repair it
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18497 posts
3630 upvotes
Thornhill
A bunch of people who are RMA'ing their 6P's for bootlooping and battery failures are getting Pixel XL's as Google has run out of Nexus 6P stock, even out of warranty period as long as it was purchased from the Play Store. It might be an option to contact them and try your luck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
m3usv1ta wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 11:42 am
I went to LG Canada chat and was told to send it to FutureTel. After i sent it, i messaged them again and they asked for my IMEI and told its a US model and they wont repair it
If thats the case..then they stopped repairing US models...you might be out of luck..I would go on chat again and try...
May 8, 2009
1785 posts
479 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ninety5teg wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 10:11 pm
If thats the case..then they stopped repairing US models...you might be out of luck..I would go on chat again and try...
I thought they were giving out refund checks for Nexus 5X bootloops.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1945 posts
107 upvotes
Scarborough
titaniumtux wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2017 11:35 am
I thought they were giving out refund checks for Nexus 5X bootloops.
In my case, they repaired it.
Nov 4, 2008
48 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
My 5X just went into a bootloop today :( I bought mine from Google back in September 2015, so I gave Google Canada a call. They're going to send me one (likely refurbished) and ask that I send mine back. I'm going to try letting it boot and hope that it comes to life before sending mine in. I read somewhere online that someone's 5X booted properly after being in a bootloop for 10mins.

I'd love to retrieve some photos from my phone before wiping it. Anyone have any luck getting data off their phone when it was stuck in a bootloop? I had no luck on a Mac. I'm guessing it's not even possible...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6754 posts
975 upvotes
Last I tried with my 6P purchased from Google Play, they only offered exchange of a refurb 6P but I was reading it was a chip problem which could happen on any 6P so I said no thanks.

Where are you reading about this ?? I think the Pixel XL would at least be a better option.
coriolis wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 12:06 pm
A bunch of people who are RMA'ing their 6P's for bootlooping and battery failures are getting Pixel XL's as Google has run out of Nexus 6P stock, even out of warranty period as long as it was purchased from the Play Store. It might be an option to contact them and try your luck.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2041 posts
119 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:41 pm
Last I tried with my 6P purchased from Google Play, they only offered exchange of a refurb 6P but I was reading it was a chip problem which could happen on any 6P so I said no thanks.

Where are you reading about this ?? I think the Pixel XL would at least be a better option.
Try again they will replace it with Pixel XL
my brother in-law got his replaced (2 years old with no extended warranty purchased) with Pixel XL 32GB under 10 minutes talk
As long as your phone is from GOOGLE and you have the information from the original invoice (incase if you are not the first owner) you will be fine
If your phone is not from Google playstore, dont waste your time cause they can simply find out by typing in your IMEI
Mar 26, 2005
357 posts
24 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:41 pm

Here is the RFD thread. I received my XL last Wednesday. nexus-6p-users-who-purchased-google-can ... l-2124139/
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1657 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
call google again. keep trying till you get what you want LOL

i did and they sent me a refurbished one. :)

oh, and buying from Google is a big PLUS.
Apr 2, 2003
645 posts
37 upvotes
Quebec
m3usv1ta wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 11:42 am
I bought my 5x from BH Photo, so it has a US IMEI. I chatted with LG USA support and I'm sending it to LG in Texas for RMA. I'm using a US address from Shipito.com in my RMA claim. I will have to pay ship to LG and from Shipito to Canada. It should be about 40-45$ total
Nov 25, 2009
434 posts
50 upvotes
I have a friend who had the boot loop issue with his Nexus 5X and google offered him a full refund or a refurbished unit. If they are saying to send in for repair just refuse it. I recently had boot loop issues on my 6p as well and the CSR initially wanted me to send it for repairs, but I let them know that Google is replacing boot loop affected phones and they did a quick check and I was sent a Pixel XL as a replacement. As long as you bought from the Google store, you are good to go. Its worth noting though that US customers are getting 128gb models, but here in Canada we are getting 32gb Pixel XL replacements (even though my 6p was a 64gb model).
Mar 23, 2017
14 posts
8 upvotes
decadent wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 9:21 am
I bought my 5x from BH Photo, so it has a US IMEI. I chatted with LG USA support and I'm sending it to LG in Texas for RMA. I'm using a US address from Shipito.com in my RMA claim. I will have to pay ship to LG and from Shipito to Canada. It should be about 40-45$ total
I sent in my phone through Canada post and will be using mymallbox to forward the package to me.Thanks for quoting me,ill look into shipito.com next time.
cycro27 wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:04 pm
I have a friend who had the boot loop issue with his Nexus 5X and google offered him a full refund or a refurbished unit. If they are saying to send in for repair just refuse it. I recently had boot loop issues on my 6p as well and the CSR initially wanted me to send it for repairs, but I let them know that Google is replacing boot loop affected phones and they did a quick check and I was sent a Pixel XL as a replacement. As long as you bought from the Google store, you are good to go. Its worth noting though that US customers are getting 128gb models, but here in Canada we are getting 32gb Pixel XL replacements (even though my 6p was a 64gb model).
If you bought your phone form google then they will refund/give refurb phone.LG on the other hand is yet another sneaky Korean company which will **** you
Nov 3, 2006
42 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I've spoken to more than 10 different reps from both Google and LG Canada. Both parties are blaming each other but the only possible solution now is it have it shipped to LG US for repair since it has a US IMEI. I'll try to avoid buying LG/Android phones in the future.
Sep 6, 2009
406 posts
80 upvotes
I fixed my nexus 5x using the xda software solution. It appears to be a permanent fix. The phone has been running for over a week now and hasn't had any bootloop issues.