Tags:
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17687 posts
2378 upvotes
GTA West
HardyZ237 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 1:47 pm
If your time was worth so much why don't you just buy a new phone instead of wasting your time sending it in for repair and writing about it on a forum? LOL Also, Nexus will perform fine even without the cores.
Because I'm not satisfied with any of the current top level phone options. I'm buying time until more 2018 options become available.
Banned
Aug 29, 2013
35 posts
5 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 1:54 pm
Because I'm not satisfied with any of the current top level phone options. I'm buying time until more 2018 options become available.
Pixel 2/2XL, Galaxy S9,iPhone 8/X, are all much faster and better phones in general. Will save much of your precious time.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17687 posts
2378 upvotes
GTA West
HardyZ237 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2018 1:58 pm
Pixel 2/2XL, Galaxy S9,iPhone 8/X, are all much faster and better phones in general. Will save much of your precious time.
I made post recently explaining what I don't like about all of those models. See the 'King phone 2018' thread. Too difficult to post link on mobile. I might wait for Pixel 3 or Galaxy Note 9.
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Aug 12, 2007
15 posts
3 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Thought I would add my recent experience.

I recently ran into the bootloop issue with my Nexus 5x. I contacted Google and the rep indicated that while my phone was out of warranty, it was a known issue and that LG would take care of it. Google transferred me to LG, who authorized me to send it to FutureTel for repair. Five days later my phone was returned to me fixed. The work order indicated that the motherboard had been replaced.

The LG rep made a comment about my phone being a US model. I mentioned that I had purchased it directly from Google and he said it wasn't a problem. They never mentioned anything about downgrading the storage and when the phone was returned it had 32GB.