• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 6:22 pm
Tags:
May 16, 2015
685 posts
122 upvotes
York, ON
so 2 days ago i was using my nexus 6p and i finally got hit with the battery issue like everyone else. i had 57-58% and all of a sudden my battery went down to 2% and was shutting down. i restarted the phone then the battery went to 20%, but after 2 minutes using it it went back down to 1% and shut down. restarted another time and it went up to 10% then shut down a minute after. i went home and charged the phone back to 100% and it work fine again, however i knew this problem would continue to last so i contacted a few stores about the issue and they all think its a battery issue, $80 to get it fix. I was looking around and i realized i could get $140 at T booth for the phone (assuming the phone would last for them to inspect the phone) and also Fido had a promotion for LG G6 $99 2 yr contract. After some negotiation with T booth rep I basically traded the nexus 6p + $150 for LG G6 on a new 2 year contract. my nexus 6p lasted me 13 months, had another 11 months on contact and no warranty, thankfully the phone didnt die when i traded it in ( feel bad for whomever will buy it though).

overall, nexus 6p was a good phone (when it works). however the durability of it cant be trusted, especially when theres no warranty left. As a person that had experience using samsung, blackberry and lg, i can say i will never buy any google/huawei phones again
May 3, 2005
969 posts
59 upvotes
Woodbridge
Can you post which stores you contacted to replace the battery? I'm tempted to replace the battery and $80 seems reasonable.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18331 posts
3437 upvotes
Thornhill
I manually replaced the battery and my screen on time went from 1 hr 30 mins to 3hr 30 mins.

I didn't have any battery issues other then really bad battery life.
Jan 28, 2009
73 posts
11 upvotes
I just had my battery replaced yesterday evening as I couldn't stand having to charge the phone three times a day with regular usage. So far so good. The place I went to is called Mobile Square in Markham (http://mobilesquare.ca/location-and-contact/)

$50 for replacement, an extra $20 if they crack the camera visor and you want a replacement. I have a dbrand skin applied to both the back and the visor, so I told them not to bother replacing visor if cracked. Job took 30 minutes and looks well done. The dbrand skin got messed up around the camera visor, but that's to be expected when disassembly of the back is required.

Edit: forgot to mention they offer 30-day warranty
Apr 24, 2017
32 posts
3 upvotes
I'm probably going ot need to get my battery replaced as well. Charging 3+ times a day, and phone shutting off at 50% is getting a bit much for me.

Anyone know of a place in Vancouver where they can replace Nexus 6P battery?
May 16, 2015
685 posts
122 upvotes
York, ON
lobo wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:28 am
Can you post which stores you contacted to replace the battery? I'm tempted to replace the battery and $80 seems reasonable.
Ubreakifix in mississauga