• Jan 27th, 2013 9:51 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3086 posts
1026 upvotes
Ajax

[Mobilicity] Nexus 7 HSPA+ $299.99in stock w/ Free ship from Mike's computer

Another Nexus 7 deal,

32gb HSPA+ for $299.99, Now In Stock, but consider NCIX sells it for $319 and Google play is $309+$13.99 shipping. This is a pretty good deal

https://www.mikescomputershop.com/asus- ... 79093.html

Hope this helps some of you who were considering it. Save a few bucks, with potential price matchability locally

This is a pentaband device, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity compatible.

If it is anything like last time, you'll probably get the run around to PM. There has been some success price matching NCIX. I would suggest though, support Mike's if its just a PM, not price beat. They are a legitimate retailer of Asus products and are actually offering sizeable discounts.

The previous 32gb wifi thread from Mike's w/ details on price matching http://forums.redflagdeals.com/nexus-7- ... p-1261657/
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
105 replies
Sep 9, 2007
741 posts
65 upvotes
Surrey
I'd order it (and I did like 2 weeks ago from google but wound up returning it) if only Fido offered data sharing.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Previously I got my Nexus 7 32GB (Wifi Only) PM'd at FT because of Mike's.

Mike's will most likely have the best non-PM'd price. Buy before he jacks up the price.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2004
1371 posts
19 upvotes
The 6
Magoomba wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 3:31 am
Can you get a SIM card and data-only plan on Mobilicity or Wind?
Better to share data, if you already have a data plan. I personally lend out my Ipad sometimes for use. It is great, it can make text messages via a VOIP number from textplus or dell voice. I am always connected via the LTE/4G network across Canada on the Rogers network. No roaming charges. Only an additional $12/month. If I had a child, I would give them a nexus 7 shared data to use instead of a smart phone.

Otherwise, yes you can buy a data only plan from wind or mobilicity.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1286 posts
90 upvotes
I'm a Mobi user, but if I had the Nexus 7 3G, I would like to try Speakout Wireless' $10 unlimited browsing plan (which, apparently is only 2GB/month). Seems like a cheaper option if 2GB is enough for you. It's not a full data plan, but there are enough documented workaround that might get you around 60-80% functionality without the battery-sucking VPN.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3086 posts
1026 upvotes
Ajax
Magoomba wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 3:31 am
Can you get a SIM card and data-only plan on Mobilicity or Wind?
Yes you can, they are the "data stick" plans offered by mobilicity and wind. In mobilicity's case, you should be able to get their premium 20gb data. As the Nexus 7 hspa+ is fully compatible with the AWS networks. Wind probably has the better plan for light usage as their plans are tiered.
Ix2L wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 3:38 am
Better to share data, if you already have a data plan. I personally lend out my Ipad sometimes for use. It is great, it can make text messages via a VOIP number from textplus or dell voice. I am always connected via the LTE/4G network across Canada on the Rogers network. No roaming charges. Only an additional $12/month. If I had a child, I would give them a nexus 7 shared data to use instead of a smart phone.

Otherwise, yes you can buy a data only plan from wind or mobilicity.
Thank you Rogers Rep. $12 extra to pay for data you already paid for is asinine.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
10661 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
Wind $5 for 1 gig deal works.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
1766 posts
78 upvotes
Markham
Great. And I just bought the regular Nexus 7 at Shoppers yesterday.
Nov 26, 2003
80 posts
15 upvotes
gatkinson wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 9:26 am
http://www2.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/data-plans.aspx

I don't see a $5 plan for 1gb/month. am i missing something cause it sounds pretty sweet if it is indeed $5 for 1gb
Haha, I deleted my post above when I found the page in question: http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/1GBPromo.aspx

Until December 31, 2012, sign up on a monthly Pay After Voice plan and add our 1GB of Mobile Internet for only $5 more per month. That's on-the-go Internet access from anywhere on our network! This offer is available to new and existing Pay After voice plan customers.

I'm not on Wind, but from what I have read, the Pay After plan bills you at the end of the month for any services you use (voice minutes, texts, etc) similar to a typical wireless provider. So if you were using this exclusively for data, and not voice, I think you'd be paying just whatever 911 fees are applicable plus the $5 data add-on.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
10661 posts
1665 upvotes
Toronto
cary_fan wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 10:22 am
Haha, I deleted my post above when I found the page in question: http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/1GBPromo.aspx

Until December 31, 2012, sign up on a monthly Pay After Voice plan and add our 1GB of Mobile Internet for only $5 more per month. That's on-the-go Internet access from anywhere on our network! This offer is available to new and existing Pay After voice plan customers.
That's the ticket! It is really the $15 for 1 gig mobile plan, with a $5 discount. The better together savings drops it another $5. If that is not enough data, there is always the $25 and $35 options. If you need to spend that kind of dough, robellus offers 5 gigs with much better coverage and faster speed for $35. Anyway, I got it with the portable wi-fi hotspot instead of the data stick because anything can can connect with a hotspot. I tried the SIM on a regular phone and it works fine. Unless Wind is evil enough to restrict plan usage to specific devices, as long as the SIM fits... So, cut the SIM to micro size and it will be N7 ready.

http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/data-plans.aspx
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1030 posts
68 upvotes
kitty wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 4:03 am
I'm a Mobi user, but if I had the Nexus 7 3G, I would like to try Speakout Wireless' $10 unlimited browsing plan (which, apparently is only 2GB/month). Seems like a cheaper option if 2GB is enough for you. It's not a full data plan, but there are enough documented workaround that might get you around 60-80% functionality without the battery-sucking VPN.
With the Speakout Wirelss $10, is that the final charge for the month or do I have to subscribe to a voice plan ?
Nov 26, 2003
80 posts
15 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 10:32 am
That's the ticket! It is really the $15 for 1 gig mobile plan, with a $5 discount. The better together savings drops it another $5. If that is not enough data, there is always the $25 and $35 options. If you need to spend that kind of dough, robellus offers 5 gigs with much better coverage and faster speed for $35. Anyway, I got it with the portable wi-fi hotspot instead of the data stick because anything can can connect with a hotspot. I tried the SIM on a regular phone and it works fine. Unless Wind is evil enough to restrict plan usage to specific devices, as long as the SIM fits... So, cut the SIM to micro size and it will be N7 ready.

http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/data-plans.aspx
As long as your device supports AWS frequencies (which the nexus 7 does), then you should be good to go. Wind doesn't discriminate against unlocked devices ... in fact, even the Big 3 don't care if you bring an unlocked device to their network, as long as the required frequencies are supported.
Dec 12, 2003
666 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
nellium wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 8:19 am
Yes you can, they are the "data stick" plans offered by mobilicity and wind. In mobilicity's case, you should be able to get their premium 20gb data. As the Nexus 7 hspa+ is fully compatible with the AWS networks. Wind probably has the better plan for light usage as their plans are tiered.

Thank you Rogers Rep. $12 extra to pay for data you already paid for is asinine.
i would pay for the $12 to share, but rogers told me my 6Gb data plan cannot be shared... not sure what i can do...
× < >