Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NFL Game Pass 2017-2018 season - (Better deal on DAZN.com $20 per month/$150 yearly)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2017 6:59 am
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
1332 posts
783 upvotes
Ottawa
djino wrote: Yes, but that is assuming you need the service for more than 10 months / year.

djino
So for 10 months its about the same price. It's not a bid deal either way.
Aug 11, 2017
1 posts
exnihilio13 wrote: DAZN gamepass vs. regular Gamepass
So far it's a pretty inferior product out of the gate but hopefully it's improved.
In terms of live games...no issue with the pre-season game last night. Quality stayed fairly consistent.

What I'm missing at a quick glance (this coming from a fantasy football point of view):
Multi views - ability to watch more than one game at once and switch between audio with picture in picture or four corners
Score overlays - pc and app version has the ability to overlay tickers for the game overall and individual stats
Looking up player highlights - On PC Gamepass allows you to search a player and they'll show associated plays from games. Pretty great for researching waiver wire.
Ability to switch between ongoing games - you can bring up a sidebar or top bar with all other games going on and switch with a click on both PC and mobile app.
Redzone indicator - related to the above it will show which games are current in a redzone so you can switch over to them quickly.
Categorized NFL Network content - right now it all seems to be dumped into a long row of stuff. On Gamepass everything is lumped into their own links like all the Hard Knocks or A Football Life or Soundbytes, etc.
Good summary. Very frustrating. It performs great on my iPad app, but the browser on my PC it's unwatchable, same in telnet. Injection.
They have also dumped a lot of content. Past year's games are gone except for playoffs. Before my team plays a divisional opponent I like to rewatch the the previous two match ups in the condensed version from last year. And apparently not all games this year will even have condensed versions. The split screen missing is probably the worst for me. If I'm watching a live game with commercials I keep redzone on the screen and just switch audio with a click or two, not stopping the game and scrolling through the hot mess that DAZN provides.. This is a real step backwards. And the GUI for finding things is useless. I'd rather pay the full price for GamePass but apparently I can't in Canada. I've complained to them about the advertising being misleading....and they keep telling me to wait for more press releases. But this thing was supposed to be ready when GamePass expired in July 31 but it is a sad sad "replacement"
Mar 7, 2010
368 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
I emailed them pretty much with the above examples and suggested they try checking out the "full" international package.
Our hands are tied now but we can keep pushing them to do better. Obviously they app/website are capable of ALOT more based on what the international version offers.
If the price increased for next year I may not go for it.
Nov 28, 2005
180 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
exnihilio13 wrote: But Gamepass in Canada is kinda dead at this point. Even using proxies I couldn't get the international Gamepass version to work properly so managed to refund and will use this instead.
exnihilio13, what device and proxy methods did you try and in what way did they not work to get the new International Gamepass in Canada?

Last year I was using Ironsocket with Chrome to Chromecast games, which worked well for most of the season. But near the end of the year the Gamepass website seemed to implement a couple extra checks to identify your region, which Ironsocket did not account for so the Gamepass launch page got blocked. I had to use a workaround to get it to work and I wonder if that is what you encountered just recently?

I haven't tried DAZN yet and I would love it if their final product is equivalent to Gamepass. But if the frame rate stays low as reported or if in any other way it has lower image/stream quality, I would probably take a crack at getting the International Gamepass working again.
Aug 18, 2004
228 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
DAZN has the rights to stream the Mayweather/MacGregor fight later this month in Germany and Austria. I remember reading someone in the forum being able to point their VPN to these countries and catch additional content. Can we assume the same can be said about this fight?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4200 posts
2228 upvotes
Niagara
deelmkr wrote: DAZN has the rights to stream the Mayweather/MacGregor fight later this month in Germany and Austria. I remember reading someone in the forum being able to point their VPN to these countries and catch additional content. Can we assume the same can be said about this fight?
Not sure if you were referring to my post, but I had all those sports, including Boxing show up by using a DNS service.

At this point we’ll have to wait and see if it works later this month. Always a chance that DAZN blocks that type of use.
Mar 7, 2010
368 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
karst wrote: exnihilio13, what device and proxy methods did you try and in what way did they not work to get the new International Gamepass in Canada?

Last year I was using Ironsocket with Chrome to Chromecast games, which worked well for most of the season. But near the end of the year the Gamepass website seemed to implement a couple extra checks to identify your region, which Ironsocket did not account for so the Gamepass launch page got blocked. I had to use a workaround to get it to work and I wonder if that is what you encountered just recently?

I haven't tried DAZN yet and I would love it if their final product is equivalent to Gamepass. But if the frame rate stays low as reported or if in any other way it has lower image/stream quality, I would probably take a crack at getting the International Gamepass working again.
I used dns spoofing by changing the DNS on my router to routers by a dns spoofing company (SmartDNS) and seem to recall that the app simply said the server was not available. I *think* the PC may have worked but I used the app a fair bit so that was a bit of a crippler. Before that I had used the infamous adfreetime dns which quickly got squashed.
I also tried a VPN workaround (using PIA local client) and again was getting the error that the server was not available. So yes, I think they have added VPN and DNS spoofing protocols.
Last year the international version worked fine for about 1/2 the year just straight up no work arounds since Canada was considered "international" and then, as you mentioned, about 1/2 way through I began to have issues with connectivity and think I use VPN workarounds but it was fairly inconsistent.
When I heard there'd be a straight up Canadian solution my expectation was that it would offer similar content to the internatiomal gamepass but it's basically they live games and a scrolling marquee of NFL network content (latest episode of Hard Knocks is there but you can't "search" or bring up that category of show at all) and the live NFL Network.
Red Zone, for example, is not an option at all near as I can tell and I believe that's advertised to be a feature so I'm hoping it's still being worked on and will be updated before the regular season starts (at least in email communications to me saying "they are working on enhancing the product", etc)
Jan 20, 2013
480 posts
269 upvotes
The audio is like .5 seconds delayed, for the second week in a row while watching NFL pre-season.

It's easy to tell with football because you notice ball gets snapped ~0.5 seconds before the QB actually says "HUT".

Pretty annoying and lame.
Jan 20, 2013
480 posts
269 upvotes
exnihilio13 wrote: DAZN gamepass vs. regular Gamepass
So far it's a pretty inferior product out of the gate but hopefully it's improved.
In terms of live games...no issue with the pre-season game last night. Quality stayed fairly consistent.

What I'm missing at a quick glance (this coming from a fantasy football point of view):
Multi views - ability to watch more than one game at once and switch between audio with picture in picture or four corners
Score overlays - pc and app version has the ability to overlay tickers for the game overall and individual stats
Looking up player highlights - On PC Gamepass allows you to search a player and they'll show associated plays from games. Pretty great for researching waiver wire.
Ability to switch between ongoing games - you can bring up a sidebar or top bar with all other games going on and switch with a click on both PC and mobile app.
Redzone indicator - related to the above it will show which games are current in a redzone so you can switch over to them quickly.
Categorized NFL Network content - right now it all seems to be dumped into a long row of stuff. On Gamepass everything is lumped into their own links like all the Hard Knocks or A Football Life or Soundbytes, etc.
Also no ability to change the broadcast audio source.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39753 upvotes
Toronto
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities