Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2293 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
CaptainCrash wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:56 am
Please tell me how this is "more options"
Anybody regardless of age, geography, internet speed etc had to go through DAZN. And it's inferior to both last year's game Pass and cable...
Where did I mention “more options”? If I did, I was referring to getting a lot of soccer in HD that is otherwise not available in Canada, via cable or streaming.

I get it, it’s unfortunate that it’s not available via cable/satellite. I’m still surprised by that.
Shaner wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:17 am
You're more lenient because it's working for you. It's obviously not working for everybody or Dazn wouldn't have had to delete thousands of angry tweets. Many people can't find the app on their samsung TV's. I know I can't. It's also stuttering badly for me. It's completely unwatchable, regardless of which method I use to stream it. That to me is crap. The fact that I think it's crap doesn't mean I'm not lenient. I'd be lenient if I could watch it at all, but I can't. I'm a hardcore football junkie with no way of watching the games this year.
Out of curiosity which methods/devices have you been trying to watch it on?

I see some people saying the quality is excellent, myself included (more recently). And others who say its completely unwatchable. Is it an Internet speed thing? Is it due to the quality or processing of the device they’re watching it on? Genuinely curious what could be causing the disparity.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2293 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
boxchevy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:59 am
When pirate streams are of better quality than the official NFL sanctioned streaming service.. 25fps is a joke :facepalm:

As Gabe Newell eloquently stated regarding piracy:
"Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem," he said. "If a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable."
I get the piracy thing (I’m not going to say I’ve never watched pirated content). But live sports streaming I’ve never seen reach excellent HD quality. I’m getting excellent quality from DAZN now, I’d be shocked to see something better from pirated streaming.
Oct 22, 2003
304 posts
3 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:17 am
You're more lenient because it's working for you. It's obviously not working for everybody or Dazn wouldn't have had to delete thousands of angry tweets. Many people can't find the app on their samsung TV's. I know I can't. It's also stuttering badly for me. It's completely unwatchable, regardless of which method I use to stream it. That to me is crap. The fact that I think it's crap doesn't mean I'm not lenient. I'd be lenient if I could watch it at all, but I can't. I'm a hardcore football junkie with no way of watching the games this year.
Shaner dazn sound was stuttering badly for me as well. It came down to picking an hdmi source that I have nothing connected to. If I am on the hdmi that connects my Samsung to SaskTel then go to Samsung dmarthub and start dazn app sound starts normal then after a couple of seconds starts stuttering. If I switch hdmi source on tv to a source nothing is connected to then go to smart hub and run dazn works perfect. Hope that helps someone
Nov 27, 2004
443 posts
53 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
Cantley wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:53 am
I see the same people tweeting over and over. "Professor Willoughby" seems to be tweeting the same vitriol every hour and all his tweets are there. So yes, show me some proof.
I owe an apology. I noted four or five individuals who were tweeting negatively towards DAZN and they are all gone now.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1407 posts
115 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wonder how this will look on a 120 inch projector screen?

The device used to process must also play a role in the quality of the picture?

Using a pc and chrome browser to cast should be better than an old android box I'm thinking.
Feb 4, 2017
11 posts
8 upvotes
Is there a schedule I can view? What Bien sports content is there? Is there any premier league football?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2293 posts
295 upvotes
Hamilton
spursbob2 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:03 pm
Is there a schedule I can view? What Bien sports content is there? Is there any premier league football?
BEIN now shows up, but no EPL currently. I’m curious if we’re going to get some EPL and Champions League via BEIN. But when looking forward in the schedule for BEIN it doesn’t show anything yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8154 posts
1226 upvotes
unless you are a fan of one of the lesser market teams, I think cable with time zone shift is the way to go, I'm a huge packers fan, I usually get around 10= games a year on cable. I'm also bet everyweek, and usually there are 3-4 games on during the morning slot, 2-3 during afternoon, and then evening is 1 game, and Thursday is 1 game, so I don't find I miss much.
Aug 19, 2014
722 posts
249 upvotes
Please just stop comparing the quality on your phone. Even if you play 480p, it will look awesome on your phone. So just don't say it looks good on my phone. Most will be watching on TV via box, console or laptop. Football is something that is enjoyable watching on ~60fps. Less than that would look horrible on big tvs.

I get it that people wanna pay less price and ok to lose quality and delay. But as always, you get what you pay for. I am sure you all are familiar with this saying. I am also pretty confident that prices for dazn will likely go up in the near future.

Quality might get better and frame might be improved, but your internet bandwidth will be used alot. No matter what, it will not be the same as live feeds on cable or satellite.
Oct 15, 2016
71 posts
14 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 7:42 am
Rogers never had the online add on for Sunday ticket...
Yes they did. I used to have it. I haven't subscribed to it in the past couple of years. I know they had it as recent as 4 years ago.
I paid an extra $30 (per season) on top of my super sports pak and had access to NFL sunday ticket through RogersOnDemand.com
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Oct 15, 2016
71 posts
14 upvotes
Ouff..
So I'm paying $36/month with the expectation that NFL Sunday ticket will be available on my cable package, when it clearly is not.
Hoping Rogers reduces that monthly fee, otherwise I will be cancelling my Super Sports Pak (alone with thousands of others).
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
3973 posts
384 upvotes
Goggle Nexus Player app doesnt seem to wrok very well. I'm getting connection error after few mins of use. However, casting from phone to Nexus Player seems to work just fine.

I wish there was a way to fast forward by a pre-set amount of time. I like to skip huddles from time to time, especially if the play clock stops
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1010 posts
269 upvotes
Hamilton
YorkIT wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 3:12 pm
Ouff..
So I'm paying $36/month with the expectation that NFL Sunday ticket will be available on my cable package, when it clearly is not.
Hoping Rogers reduces that monthly fee, otherwise I will be cancelling my Super Sports Pak (alone with thousands of others).
Spoke to rogers. The price isn't changing. Just cancelled it from my dad's account.
Feb 27, 2015
322 posts
116 upvotes
I don't know how Twitter works, as I don't have it. But if one were to use #DAZN_CA rather than @DAZN_CA, can they still delete posts?!

Because I have now too seen numerous posts deleted. Im actually going to start screenshoting them. And it's not fair to only leave positive feedback, I have been con'ed on more than 1 occasion because of fake reviews and deleted posts.
Mar 18, 2011
26 posts
12 upvotes
Ajax
Watching Cowboys game on Chromecast from iPhone and picture is clear with no buffering. Looks great. I'm not concerned about the delay as I watch the game and not my phone.