Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NFL Gamepass now $20 a month or $150 a year in Canada through DAZN

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 12:42 pm
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Hey, I know this thread is for NFL. But I wanted to know what other sports are available on DAZN. I watch MLB, and MLS soccer, and Muay Thai mostly. I'll normally subscribe to MLB TV or MLS Live, and stream live fights (pay, pirate or Pluto). Interested in knowing if the cost would make it worth it for me. I don't watch a lot of football.
Aug 6, 2005
189 posts
97 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
taskmasta wrote: Hey, I know this thread is for NFL. But I wanted to know what other sports are available on DAZN. I watch MLB, and MLS soccer, and Muay Thai mostly. I'll normally subscribe to MLB TV or MLS Live, and stream live fights (pay, pirate or Pluto). Interested in knowing if the cost would make it worth it for me. I don't watch a lot of football.
I currently subscribe to MLB.TV as well bit from what I see MLB is available on DAZN through Germany and Japan but you'll need to use VPN again.

I can't speak to quality as I have not tried to use that yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4201 posts
2228 upvotes
Niagara
taskmasta wrote: Hey, I know this thread is for NFL. But I wanted to know what other sports are available on DAZN. I watch MLB, and MLS soccer, and Muay Thai mostly. I'll normally subscribe to MLB TV or MLS Live, and stream live fights (pay, pirate or Pluto). Interested in knowing if the cost would make it worth it for me. I don't watch a lot of football.
Like taskmasta mentioned, MLB only available via VPN.

As for MLS, nothing there at all. Bit of a side note, but MLS live has annoyed me this year. I like using it to watch TFC, but so often, even for away games, TSN has the rights and the game is blacked out from MLS Live.
Feb 4, 2017
99 posts
91 upvotes
Kontos wrote: Have you tried this with Dazn already? I wasn't aware Opera already has their own VPN
Yes, I used it to watch the weigh in yesterday.
Apr 8, 2007
944 posts
450 upvotes
Guelph
joey003 wrote: Like taskmasta mentioned, MLB only available via VPN.

As for MLS, nothing there at all. Bit of a side note, but MLS live has annoyed me this year. I like using it to watch TFC, but so often, even for away games, TSN has the rights and the game is blacked out from MLS Live.
The amount of blackouts for TFC are ridiculous. I cancelled my MLS Live a couple years ago cause of it.
Aug 29, 2014
37 posts
10 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
I've been waiting for DAZN to release an app for pretty well any of the devices they list as "Coming soon" - ie: Playstation 3, Sony TV, ROKU. There isn't a way to contact DAZN without setting up an account that I'm aware of, so I can't get an update on the apps/devices. Is anyone aware of an eta for the apps for any of these devices in Canada? I guess the other question would be if Rogers has come out with an option yet.
Nov 16, 2013
253 posts
415 upvotes
New Brunswick
You can watch all NFL Games for $5 a month if you have Bell, you just need to add the Time Shift theme pack for $5 a month as they have decided to show all games on CTV channels in backlash of losing Sunday Ticket rights.
Mar 4, 2016
448 posts
276 upvotes
Doggyone wrote: I've been waiting for DAZN to release an app for pretty well any of the devices they list as "Coming soon" - ie: Playstation 3, Sony TV, ROKU. There isn't a way to contact DAZN without setting up an account that I'm aware of, so I can't get an update on the apps/devices. Is anyone aware of an eta for the apps for any of these devices in Canada? I guess the other question would be if Rogers has come out with an option yet.
I sent them a question about the Sony Smart TV app all I got back was something like "we're working our best to make this available for Sony Smart TVs as soon as possible" and no timetable on when as I asked if it would be available before the NFL season started.

You can try yourself on their website https://my.dazn.com/ContactUs/CA-en
EverJay wrote: You can watch all NFL Games for $5 a month if you have Bell, you just need to add the Time Shift theme pack for $5 a month as they have decided to show all games on CTV channels in backlash of losing Sunday Ticket rights.
Sadly Bell isn't an option for us out West and even then, they won't be able to offer RedZone which I would gladly pay $50 a season for anyways.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2010
1274 posts
561 upvotes
How's the quality right now for NFL games?
I heard bad reviews from it but I hope they fixed some of their issues now.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
EverJay wrote: You can watch all NFL Games for $5 a month if you have Bell, you just need to add the Time Shift theme pack for $5 a month as they have decided to show all games on CTV channels in backlash of losing Sunday Ticket rights.
But if you only want to watch NFL games (and nothing else on Bell) or don't have Bell, this is still cheaper than basic cable + time shift. Since you can watch pretty much all tv shows via netflix, there really isn't need for basic cable except sports (and lots of people are using sunday ticket/centre ice/ etc).

Plus of course the option of watching on tablet/phone/etc if you aren't home and don't mind using data/have wifi.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Casual wrote: How's the quality right now for NFL games?
Mixed.

I have had great results streaming from PS4 slim and watching on a Sony LED 50 inch tv. Also really good on my phone and tablet.

Last night however, I watched on my PS4 Pro on a Vizio 4k tv and it had the motion blur others talked about and clearly not 1080p quality.

I will try again tonight and see if it was just a bad one off for me, or if different hardware makes a big difference.
Aug 29, 2014
37 posts
10 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
Kontos wrote: I sent them a question about the Sony Smart TV app all I got back was something like "we're working our best to make this available for Sony Smart TVs as soon as possible" and no timetable on when as I asked if it would be available before the NFL season started.

Thanks Kontos. I have posted a question and will provide their response if its worth posting. Re Bell, I will never again use any of their services. Too many bad experiences in the past to consider them.
There is a KODI app, so perhaps its an option. I don't really want to gamble on an app that may not get adequate support. PS3, XBOX360, ROKU, Sony Smart TV - are we asking too much?

Sadly Bell isn't an option for us out West and even then, they won't be able to offer RedZone which I would gladly pay $50 a season for anyways.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1970 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kontos wrote: I sent them a question about the Sony Smart TV app all I got back was something like "we're working our best to make this available for Sony Smart TVs as soon as possible" and no timetable on when as I asked if it would be available before the NFL season started.

Bell is an option out west.
May 3, 2007
897 posts
484 upvotes
Doggyone wrote: I've been waiting for DAZN to release an app for pretty well any of the devices they list as "Coming soon" - ie: Playstation 3, Sony TV, ROKU. There isn't a way to contact DAZN without setting up an account that I'm aware of, so I can't get an update on the apps/devices. Is anyone aware of an eta for the apps for any of these devices in Canada? I guess the other question would be if Rogers has come out with an option yet.
They released a PS3 app a couple days ago.
I installed last night and it works great.
Aug 29, 2014
37 posts
10 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
I got a quick response from DAZN when I asked specifically about the PS3, XBOX 360 and KODI. By KODI I think they are meaning the Android app that gets a lot of bad reviews on the playstore.
Smoter, can you provide some feedback on streaming/picture quality on the PS3?

Hi Sports fan,

We do support the PS3 and the app is out now, same with the Android box.

The Roku and Smart TV apps are coming soon but we do not support the Xbox 360.
Feb 24, 2017
162 posts
227 upvotes
Casual wrote: How's the quality right now for NFL games?
The biggest issue I have noticed is with the frame rate. Picture quality itself is very good but regardless of the device the frame rate is still too low for watching sports. Some of this may be subjective because I had friends watching with me and some of them didn't notice anything, while for myself and a couple others it appeared as though the image was jittery or stuttering. DAZN has said multiple times now that they are working on increasing frame rates to 50/60fps. I don't know what the actual physical changes are that they need to implement to achieve this but they should definitely hurry as week 1 of the NFL season could absolutely be the make-or-break week for them in Canada.
Aug 29, 2014
37 posts
10 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
I registered for DAZN and added the DAZN app to my PS3. I tested out the stream last night. The video quality was pretty good, not as good as cable but good enough. However the audio volume was so low that I had turn the volume up on my Denon AVR so that I could hear the stream and it is by no means loud. For all other apps on the PS3 the volume is fine at normal levels on the AVR. Anyone have any ideas as to what this might be ie an adjustment of some kind on the PS3?

Fixed with a receiver reset. Not a DAZN issue.
Last edited by Doggyone on Sep 5th, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2637 posts
2979 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Does anyone know if the XBOX ONE app requires XBOX LIVE? I'm not a gamer, and I'm trying to set this up for my father. He has an XBOX ONE but does not use any online services. I set it up for him with his laptop and an HDMI cable, but I'd like to get away from that setup
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5287 posts
3345 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote: Does anyone know if the XBOX ONE app requires XBOX LIVE? I'm not a gamer, and I'm trying to set this up for my father. He has an XBOX ONE but does not use any online services. I set it up for him with his laptop and an HDMI cable, but I'd like to get away from that setup
It required Xbox Live, but not Xbox Live Gold I bought a Xbox One S just for DAZN and don't have a paid Xbox Live Gold account, just the free one. It works great without issue. Microsoft removed the GOLD requirement for most (if not all) video services like Netflix some years ago.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Feb 24, 2017
162 posts
227 upvotes
Just turned on the NFL Network on DAZN and it looks way better than it has at any point so far. Maybe they got it figured out just in time for the season.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)