• Oct 21st, 2017 4:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2368 posts
353 upvotes
Hamilton
CaptainCrash wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:07 pm
i thought I read on Twitter 25fps. But they are working hard to bring 50 to Canada.
Ahh, maybe that's what I'm seeing. Something about the frame rate is throwing me off. And I pretty much only watch content streamed.
QN5252 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:10 pm
I watched the Green Bay game and then I watched some highlights on twitter of that game; definitely not the same quality as cable and you can tell....you can easily tell it's a stream, but maybe that's normal?
Definitely not normal. I've watched a lot of MLB and NFL streamed over the past several years, and it's been excellent quality.
Nov 12, 2014
96 posts
15 upvotes
Kingston, ON
joey003 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:58 pm
Ahh, maybe that's what I'm seeing. Something about the frame rate is throwing me off. And I pretty much only watch content streamed.

Definitely not normal. I've watched a lot of MLB and NFL streamed over the past several years, and it's been excellent quality.
Yeah maybe it's the framerate thing for me too - I mean, when the picture was still it looked great...but when the play started it definitely suffered a bit.
Aug 1, 2010
528 posts
243 upvotes
QN5252 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:10 pm
I watched the Green Bay game and then I watched some highlights on twitter of that game; definitely not the same quality as cable and you can tell....you can easily tell it's a stream, but maybe that's normal?
Not normal. The service is pure crap.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1997 posts
856 upvotes
anyone else getting crackling noise in Chiefs game? Sounds like a blown speaker sound...
Nov 12, 2014
96 posts
15 upvotes
Kingston, ON
uklamen wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:11 pm
anyone else getting crackling noise in Chiefs game? Sounds like a blown speaker sound...
Yup - watching on my laptop
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2368 posts
353 upvotes
Hamilton
uklamen wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 9:11 pm
Yup, hearing it too. Not super audible but just enough that it sounds like a speaker is blown eh?
Nov 12, 2014
96 posts
15 upvotes
Kingston, ON
colavs19 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 7:20 pm
Not normal. The service is pure crap.
It looks perfect when watching on my 13" MBP....just when it's on a 51" plasma it doesnt look great
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1049 posts
286 upvotes
Hamilton
Decided to try and watch the 49ers Chiefs game. Again PQ is good. Stream is good. But any motion looks awful. On a 65 inch 4k TV this is a terrible product. Won't be buying. May share my friends but this is flat out crap.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1997 posts
856 upvotes
Crackling sound gone from broadcast. I think that wasn't related to DAZN.

Im watching in a 50" Sony 1080p streaming through PS4 slim and its smooth and looks good. No motion blur.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2368 posts
353 upvotes
Hamilton
Hmm, watching a bit on my 13” iPad and on Apple TV. Much better tonight than yesterday. TV and motion significantly better looking tonight.

I do wonder how the service will cope if a lot of people start signing up as the NFL season approaches.

Noticed that BEIN was just added, nice.
Nov 10, 2014
17 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Can people please enlighten me as to why they think this service is crap? Sure the frame rate can be better but for the price you are paying and the fact that they are trying to improve it in Canada, how can you be not only upset but call it out as a shit product. I'll gladly take $80 total for the season with minor, hopefully temporary quality issues. Im genuinely curious.
Jul 5, 2004
22173 posts
2072 upvotes
betafuse wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:31 pm
Can people please enlighten me as to why they think this service is crap? Sure the frame rate can be better but for the price you are paying and the fact that they are trying to improve it in Canada, how can you be not only upset but call it out as a shit product. I'll gladly take $80 total for the season with minor, hopefully temporary quality issues. Im genuinely curious.
You said it yourself. "Hopefully temporary." The games stutter, skip and buffer. I literally miss entire plays because it freezes right when the throw/run is happening. Even if it was free, that's not good enough. I'll pay $60 per month for quality feeds rather than crap feeds for free (or in this case $20 per month).
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1049 posts
286 upvotes
Hamilton
betafuse wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:31 pm
Read the thread...
- frame rate
- device support
- buffering and choppiness
- long delay from live
- features from previous game pass missing.
- max 2 streams.

I've said it a few times. I'm ok with what this is and what it costs... It's the fact that we have no choice that really gets people upset.
Nov 10, 2014
17 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Shaner wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:36 pm
You said it yourself. "Hopefully temporary." The games stutter, skip and buffer. I literally miss entire plays because it freezes right when the throw/run is happening. Even if it was free, that's not good enough. I'll pay $60 per month for quality feeds rather than crap feeds for free (or in this case $20 per month).
I just haven't experienced the choppiness except for a select few times when the app crashed. Does it really happen that often for you? I guess it depends on connection and device used cause it happens rarely for me.
CaptainCrash wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 10:39 pm
Read the thread...
- frame rate
- device support
- buffering and choppiness
- long delay from live
- features from previous game pass missing.
- max 2 streams.

I've said it a few times. I'm ok with what this is and what it costs... It's the fact that we have no choice that really gets people upset.
The device support has already improved, I am now watching on PS4 and Samsung TV. Sure the games are 30-60 seconds behind and the frame rate isn't ideal but I just don't find those reasons to literally call it a crap service. I guess I'm just more lenient that others when it comes to this.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1049 posts
286 upvotes
Hamilton
betafuse wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:16 pm
I just haven't experienced the choppiness except for a select few times when the app crashed. Does it really happen that often for you? I guess it depends on connection and device used cause it happens rarely for me.

The device support has already improved, I am now watching on PS4 and Samsung TV. Sure the games are 30-60 seconds behind and the frame rate isn't ideal but I just don't find those reasons to literally call it a crap service. I guess I'm just more lenient that others when it comes to this.
Again look at some people's reasons... live betting is pretty much gone. (May not be your thing but the delay kills it).

Those of us used to having multiple games on multiple Tv's are hindered big time.

As far as I'm concerned of you look at comparables.... MLB NBA NHL as well as cable equivalents are all better.... that makes it the worse sports package around.

Also...the android TV app is brutal. Having all sorts of issues with it.

They clearly weren't ready to launch on this scale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)