• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 4:32 pm
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It took forever, but I found them.

Anyone who wants to see the backlash and deleted tweets look up @DAZN_CA_Help

You can see their response to contact CS, but if you click on the name they are responing to, you can see all the previous and deleted messages.

And there are lots.....
Dec 19, 2012
146 posts
54 upvotes
Maybe it will get better as everyone cancels after the free month is up and there are way less users lol. Either way I won't know as I'll be one of the ones canceling
Nov 2, 2010
571 posts
63 upvotes
Man they the reason why the NFL Gamepass app is dead eh.
Had this for free for like 3-4 years(iPad jailbreak) and when I opened it today I learned about the App's death
smh
Apr 8, 2007
703 posts
120 upvotes
Milton
There seem to be two points of view in this thread:

1. Cord cutters who are happy with the service and cheaper cost

2. Cable subscribers comparing DAZN to Sunday ticket.

I think it's clear that cord cutting numbers are going up rapidly. NFL knows this. They are likely trying to get ahead of the curve and get in early. What I don't get is all these people saying Pre-Season is the beta. You guys don't see what's going on here? We are the beta testers... but likely for a year or more. NFL is likely introducing this in Canada first to test it out before doing a full US migration to it. Outcry in the US would be much worse than in Canada if things don't go well.
Aug 19, 2014
795 posts
346 upvotes
hollywood115 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 11:10 pm
I think it's clear that cord cutting numbers are going up rapidly. NFL knows this. They are likely trying to get ahead of the curve and get in early. What I don't get is all these people saying Pre-Season is the beta. You guys don't see what's going on here? We are the beta testers... but likely for a year or more. NFL is likely introducing this in Canada first to test it out before doing a full US migration to it. Outcry in the US would be much worse than in Canada if things don't go well.
Not gonna happen in USA. That's their main fan base and they cannot just jump in and only offer one source to get NFL. It just won't happen.
Dec 21, 2007
423 posts
127 upvotes
Canadians were the lucky ones in that we had choice on who to buy from before this year.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2359 posts
351 upvotes
Hamilton
Leduc wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:39 pm
Watching Cowboys game on Chromecast from iPhone and picture is clear with no buffering. Looks great. I'm not concerned about the delay as I watch the game and not my phone.
I was watching some of the game as well. Picture quality and frame rate looked excellent.
Apr 8, 2007
703 posts
120 upvotes
Milton
joey003 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 5:18 am
I was watching some of the game as well. Picture quality and frame rate looked excellent.
This is purely anecdotal, but I have an iPhone and an android tablet, I found picture quality to be really good when casting from my iPhone or watching though my PS4. However, the Android app appears to be choppy. Casting to chromecast from my android tablet was unwatchable. I'm thinking most of these issues (apart from 25fps) are app-specific so hopefully will get ironed out for everyone. I think they just tried to do too much too quick. The amount of apps they are supporting seems crazy to me. I know they probably have these apps in Europe already but they should have rolled out slowly to iron out issues. Start with the more critical apps first (android, ios as they both work with chromecast) then launch the others once these are stable.
Feb 29, 2004
525 posts
96 upvotes
FWIW, Xbox app with start.ca cable at 60 Mbps works great for me. Very happy, loving the NFL Total Access every day on the NFL network!
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2359 posts
351 upvotes
Hamilton
Watched a lot of the PSG game (Ligue 1) yesterday afternoon. Excellent picture quality, but frame rate on the Apple TV felt weird, while on iPhone and iPad frame rate was excellent. Hopefully they improve it.
Nov 27, 2004
447 posts
54 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
joey003 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 9:19 am
Watched a lot of the PSG game (Ligue 1) yesterday afternoon. Excellent picture quality, but frame rate on the Apple TV felt weird, while on iPhone and iPad frame rate was excellent. Hopefully they improve it.
I too watched the game and thought the picture quality was very good. After the PSG game was over I switched to Bein Sports and it was still showing the end of the same game (players walking around) and I thought the picture was even better. I emailed DAZN about showing a schedule for Bein Sports, same as they do for their other sports "channels". I got a pretty quick reply stating that Bein Sports is a new addition and that the DAZN IT department was working on adding Bein Sports programming to the DAZN Schedule. I was pleasantly surprised to get an answer to an email on a Sunday evening.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2359 posts
351 upvotes
Hamilton
Cantley wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 9:25 am
I too watched the game and thought the picture quality was very good. After the PSG game was over I switched to Bein Sports and it was still showing the end of the same game (players walking around) and I thought the picture was even better. I emailed DAZN about showing a schedule for Bein Sports, same as they do for their other sports "channels". I got a pretty quick reply stating that Bein Sports is a new addition and that the DAZN IT department was working on adding Bein Sports programming to the DAZN Schedule. I was pleasantly surprised to get an answer to an email on a Sunday evening.
What device were you watching on?

I was trying on both Apple TV and a 12.9" iPad. Quality and frame rate were excellent on the iPad app. On Apple TV quality was excellent but frame rate slightly off.

Good to hear about BEIN, thanks for sharing.
Sep 17, 2015
47 posts
46 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
or spend $15 a month on iptv and get everything on tv
Nov 27, 2004
447 posts
54 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
joey003 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:08 am
What device were you watching on?

I was trying on both Apple TV and a 12.9" iPad. Quality and frame rate were excellent on the iPad app. On Apple TV quality was excellent but frame rate slightly off.

Good to hear about BEIN, thanks for sharing.
I watch via my Apple TV and on my iMac. I have the app on my iPhone but I have never watched anything, simply check on the schedule. Both my Apple TV and iMac are hardwired.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)