NFL Gamepass now $20 a month or $150 a year in Canada through DAZN

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 11:48 am
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2335 posts
334 upvotes
Hamilton
I've been using DAZN quite a lot over the past 5 weeks now. Most of the time it's been excellent, but once in a while soccer games that I'm watching start to drop in resolution very badly.

I use a lot of streaming between Netflix, HBO and MLB, and the quality is always excellent and consistent. Even on the sunday night at 9pm when everyone was watching GOT I was curious to see if there was going to be any issues, but it was always solid, even scrubbing back and forth a few times. DAZN needs to up their game in this regard.
Feb 5, 2013
3 posts
Dartmouth
This is awesome, have had for a week. Must have for NFL fans. Use my phone and cast it to my tv using chromecast.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1983 posts
847 upvotes
vitaming wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:29 am
NFL issues apology for crap service. I watched mnf yesterday on my Xbox and it was great pretty awful with buffering, pixelation, stuttering and then crashing altogether at one point

http://nationalpost.com/sports/football ... -in-week-1
I love the hundreds if not thousands of angry viewers comment. If only hundreds to thousands are angry, then it's probably a user end issue.

I have experimented a lot so far.

PS4 slim wired to 55 Sony LED - decent, but a little sluggish.

PS4 Pro wired to Vizio 49 4k tv - clean and smooth image.

Samsung Note 3 phone - fast and smooth, no complaints

Samsung Note 3 phone to Gen 1 Chromecast - unwatchable, known issues about Gen1 at DAZN

LG Pad III tablet - no issues everything smooth

LG Paf III tablet to Gen 1 Chromecast - unwatchable

Surface Pro 3 wireless - good on IE. Didnt bother trying other browsers.

PS3 Slim wireless to Insignia 55 1080p LED - Sunday was great, first Monday was great, late Monday had buffering and pixel issues. Makes me think it was on my end since it was good otherwise.

All in I am happy with quality. The apps on the other hand are so very simplistic. They desperately need to think about providing any kind of feature.

Took awhile before I realized they even had a highlight mode. (great for football games btw)

Redzone was flawless for me on Sunday. I had it on my Surface by my tv while playing Destiny 2 all day.

Very happy with the service so far.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1091 posts
311 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Those who have been charged,, was it PerformgroupCA Feltham ?

That's what has appeared on my Visa for $20 and I just want to make sure.
Aug 1, 2010
509 posts
231 upvotes
vitaming wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:29 am
NFL issues apology for crap service. I watched mnf yesterday on my Xbox and it was great pretty awful with buffering, pixelation, stuttering and then crashing altogether at one point

http://nationalpost.com/sports/football ... -in-week-1
Not surprised. Canceled this garbage service after 1 day and have spread the word not to sign-up
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2335 posts
334 upvotes
Hamilton
brobinsoncc wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:25 pm
Those who have been charged,, was it PerformgroupCA Feltham ?

That's what has appeared on my Visa for $20 and I just want to make sure.
That’s right.
Oct 26, 2003
824 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga
Just got an apology email from DAZN about their technical issues. They said they'll send an update early next week "on compensation".

[Edit] I was too lazy to type it up, so see below for full email. :)
Last edited by jalaram on Sep 15th, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14732 posts
3789 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
This email just came through form DAZN

First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the problems that have impacted our launch.
We have been working with our technical team to inform a review of the entire customer experience since we launched. You may have seen the statement we made on this yesterday, but in case you didn’t please see it here.
I recognise this has been a frustrating time for many of our subscribers and want to reiterate our commitment to fixing the current issues. In additional to the solutions already identified, we are continuing to explore further ways to improve the experience for those affected.
We’ll be reaching out to everyone early next week with more detail on compensation.
Once again please accept our heartfelt apologies. From myself and everyone here at DAZN, thank you for your continued patience.
Kind regards,
James Rushton
CEO, DAZN
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5819 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
So far I'm not impressed. Pre-season things were OK, minor issues and some resolution drops. Week 1 was a disaster, streams cut out multiple times, I had 2 crashes (Android TV, Shield) and tons of buffer/artifacting. Tried flipping around between multiple games and couldn't really enjoy any due to the problems. I never had an issue last season with the in-house NFL stuff, so frustrating why they went this route. I actually don't mind paying more so that I can enjoy my favorite sport.

I'm asking for my money back and an account cancellation, not going to tolerate this all season just so they can issue some 5% digital coupon for next year.
Apr 21, 2006
331 posts
29 upvotes
Is there a way to start watching a game from the beginning that is already in progress without seeing what the score is?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4142 posts
409 upvotes
gocolts wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:51 pm
Is there a way to start watching a game from the beginning that is already in progress without seeing what the score is?
nope. i think they're too busy fixing major issues to implement this 2 minute update

here's a tip: i start the game while i cover the score section and yell " lalalalalalala" while i carefully search for the progress bar and move it to beginning...
Jul 26, 2017
141 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
brobinsoncc wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 12:20 pm
It was 329.99 as your only option last year. I think this new offer is for everyone.

Really, you can pay for 5 months and get the whole season for $80. That's really like 1/4 the price.
Holy cow, nice find.
Mar 4, 2016
267 posts
81 upvotes
jalaram wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 2:53 pm
Just got an apology email from DAZN about their technical issues. They said they'll send an update early next week "on compensation".

[Edit] I was too lazy to type it up, so see below for full email. :)
Hopefully its only the hundreds to thousands who were angry that get the compensation Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Nov 29, 2006
631 posts
111 upvotes
I never got an apology.. all I received was customer support emails saying "tough luck"... I'm pissed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)