Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9501 posts
730 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2017 11:19 pm
^ and the Falcons fire 2 defensive coaches including the coordinator right after offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan leaves for the 49er HC job.
Looks like the finger pointing is going on but the Falcon defense that was weak in the regular season improved greatly in the playoffs and made Brady uncomfortable for most of the game until they were gassed. Dont think that the firings were warranted.
The Falcons were one of the worst defenses and that only improved when Quinn started calling the plays. If the head coach takes over your job and doing a much better job, chances are you're going to be looking for work real soon. Bryan Cox is not popular with Falcon fans and from what I've read Freeney was the real DL coach. Seems like both were on their way out regardless of what happened in the SB.
Jun 28, 2015
182 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 12:12 am
The Falcons were one of the worst defenses and that only improved when Quinn started calling the plays. If the head coach takes over your job and doing a much better job, chances are you're going to be looking for work real soon. Bryan Cox is not popular with Falcon fans and from what I've read Freeney was the real DL coach. Seems like both were on their way out regardless of what happened in the SB.
I realize its more responsibility and money n all that, but I cant imagine being the HC of the 49ers is going to do a lot for Shannahan's resume. The 49ers are a sinking ship and will be for at least a few more years. He will likely get fired before he has a winning season.
Jun 28, 2015
182 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kaep out as 49ers QB. With Gabbert as a ufa, 49ers don't have a QB as yet.

Anyone busy for the bet few months? :p
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9501 posts
730 upvotes
LucifersGhost wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 1:23 pm
Kaep out as 49ers QB. With Gabbert as a ufa, 49ers don't have a QB as yet.

Anyone busy for the bet few months? :p
It's going to be a busy few days. The start of the new year for the NFL is this Thursday. That means if teams have players that they want to cut, it will happen before this Thursday. I think the most interesting possible cut is the Bills with Tyrod Taylor. I personally think they should, but I don't think they will.

It's interesting to see Peterson, Charles, Revis, Mangold and Marshall all getting cut. Most should find new teams, but just a few years ago, these guys were the NFL elite.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3690 posts
513 upvotes
Marshall is going to the Giants.

Cowboys will release Tony Romo tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1925 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 3:09 pm
It's going to be a busy few days. The start of the new year for the NFL is this Thursday. That means if teams have players that they want to cut, it will happen before this Thursday. I think the most interesting possible cut is the Bills with Tyrod Taylor. I personally think they should, but I don't think they will.

It's interesting to see Peterson, Charles, Revis, Mangold and Marshall all getting cut. Most should find new teams, but just a few years ago, these guys were the NFL elite.
And Tyrod Taylor signs a restructured contract with the Bills. It's been so long since the Bills have had a top flight QB and someone like Tony Romo would have been interesting in a Bills Jersey, but it's not going to happen.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9501 posts
730 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 11:15 pm
And Tyrod Taylor signs a restructured contract with the Bills. It's been so long since the Bills have had a top flight QB and someone like Tony Romo would have been interesting in a Bills Jersey, but it's not going to happen.
Romo wants to go to a contender. There are far better options like Houston or Denver. Apparently, there's a chance at a last minute deal.

Tyrod is not a top QB. He's not even top half of QBs. That contract money wasn't crazy. It was paying mid tier QB money even if Tyrod didn't play to mid tier level. The part that's bad is that it's a long term commitment. 5 year deal where realistically can't be cut until the 4th year, where the penalty is somewhat manageable at over $6 mil (or 5th year, with $3 mil dead money). Add to that, the Bills mismanaged their cap and don't have much money to get better. Tyrod had all the power in his hands and yet still renegotiated his contract. In the end, this is a win for the Bills. They get to keep the best QB they had since Flutie and some money.

Crazy what's going on with the Patriots. They sign Stephon Gilmore (rumored $14mil per year deal)... seems like over pay. And the latest rumor is Butler for Cooks (Saints WR).

Lots of news. Some highlights:
Jay Cutler got cut
Desean Jackson signs with Bucs
Alshon Jeffery expected to sign with the Eagles

Funniest story of the day: Brock Osweiler with a 2nd round pick traded to the Browns for NOTHING! Texans just want to get Osweiler off the books and willing to give up a 2nd round pick to do so. Basically, the Browns pay Brock $16 mil for 2017 and after that he's cuttable with no dead money impact. It's a simple contract. Salary, cap hit and dead money are all $16 million for 2017. So I guess the Browns keep him, but cut him if he can't make the team.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5528 posts
134 upvotes
I can't believe the Texans were able to get out of the Osweiler contract.

Good for them... :)
Jun 28, 2015
182 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gilmourn is likely an overpay but he's still a really good get for a team that just won the superbowl

Like christ ... how the f do they have the cap space to sign a guy like that after winning 2 bowls in 3 years? Lol.

Since my 9ers are gonna be a dumpster fire again, go pats go :p
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5528 posts
134 upvotes
The Patriots just picked Brandin Cooks !!!!

Their offence is going to be so nasty this year.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3424 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm Pats traded the 1st and 3rd round picks for Cooks, they lost Bennett to Green Bay.

Browns are now looking to trade Brock. I think he should've stayed with Denver after Peyton retired. I mean, he played behind Peyton and they won the SB. Why did he choose to go to Houston and now he is being shipped around like a pinball.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1925 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
Surprise, Romo retires. Didnt expect that. He's going into broadcasting and will work for CBS. I guess he's been roughed up quite a bit in his career, injuries have taken their toll and he wants to take the next step into the broadcasting booth.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9501 posts
730 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 10:40 pm
Surprise, Romo retires. Didnt expect that. He's going into broadcasting and will work for CBS. I guess he's been roughed up quite a bit in his career, injuries have taken their toll and he wants to take the next step into the broadcasting booth.
I wonder how much of the Cowboys not wanting to cut him (hoping some team would trade for him) played into that decision. Had he been cut a month ago, I bet he would be looking for a new house in Houston or Denver right now.

Too bad. I feel like he has at least 2 good seasons left in him. He had a tough career with lots of injuries, really bad luck and awful teammates & coaches, yet still made a good career.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel