• Oct 23rd, 2017 11:16 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1983 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
^ +1. Would have liked to see him play on another playoff calibre team and seeing if he could take them the next step.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1983 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Tragic story, he was a very good TE plus he and Gronk were a great double threat for the Pats. Its been 4 seasons since he has been out of football and the Pats have won two SBs in that time most recently the amazing comeback against the Falcons. We will never know the true reason he took his life, but athletes like to win and you cant help but think that missing those championships was at least partly on his mind.
Jan 22, 2017
51 posts
11 upvotes
It was indeed a shocking news for me. Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder and was acquitted last week in a 2012 double slaying, has committed suicide in prison.
For more info on the story read this: Aaron Hernandez suicide
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27963 posts
3992 upvotes
Ottawa
Sad but, his was a chosen path. So many opportunities along the way and the wrong ones chosen.
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6921 posts
265 upvotes
All the money in the world for him to take and he had to take the wrong path...
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14412 posts
1052 upvotes
Toronto
The fragility of life is fascinating. In his inner circle he had money, fame and opportunities it is to live a great life but decided to squander it away. I never heard of this person before the news. He could walk past me on the streets and I wouldn't know.

It's interesting because so many people would die for the chances and opportunities this man had.

Interestingly enough I read that former f1 driver kubica is testing open wheel cars again and couldn't help draw some parallels. A man who could be f1 champion many times instead had an accident and forced to retire.

So many lives are taken away like a light bulb blinking out of existence on a daily basis yet life continue to thrive.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2213 posts
109 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:58 am
The fragility of life is fascinating. In his inner circle he had money, fame and opportunities it is to live a great life but decided to squander it away. I never heard of this person before the news. He could walk past me on the streets and I wouldn't know.

It's interesting because so many people would die for the chances and opportunities this man had.
Some people with right skill and talent can get a lot of fame and power. But if their ego is weak and unhealthy it can be their curse.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7096 posts
221 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:08 am
Sorry, no tears here for a convicted murderer taking his own life.

Guy was a bad dude.
He was but I think I just find the story really sad because he was literally living a dream. He was a millionaire, a football player, playing for the patriots, playing for a goat coach and with a goat QB. He could have won 2 superbowl rings.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9164 posts
1734 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:42 pm
He was but I think I just find the story really sad because he was literally living a dream. He was a millionaire, a football player, playing for the patriots, playing for a goat coach and with a goat QB. He could have won 2 superbowl rings.
right, and despite all this, he decided to be a thug/gang banger in his spare time.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9765 posts
855 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 10:50 pm
Tragic story, he was a very good TE plus he and Gronk were a great double threat for the Pats. Its been 4 seasons since he has been out of football and the Pats have won two SBs in that time most recently the amazing comeback against the Falcons. We will never know the true reason he took his life, but athletes like to win and you cant help but think that missing those championships was at least partly on his mind.
But to drive someone to suicide? And if so, why didn't he attempt something 2 years ago? I don't think not being part of champion teams had anything to do with his suicide. Also the Patriots visiting the White House was just coincidental. He's got no ties to the team anymore. There's only a handful of players still on the team that were there when he played.

If you read about him, he was the son of a high school football legend, but his father passed away at age 16 and Aaron was never the same after that. Even in college, the coach and (I kid you not) Tim Teebow tried to keep him on the straight path, but this guy was heading in the wrong direction in every which way. Just kept escalating to what he became. Personally, I think the world is better off without him.

His body was released after an autopsy was conducted.... except the brain. The family planned to donate Aaron's brain for CTE study, but the chief medical examiner won't release it. Brain-gate!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5640 posts
143 upvotes
On a lighter side, the NFL schedule is out for next year.

Looks like the Pats will start their season against the Chiefs.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7096 posts
221 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:58 pm
right, and despite all this, he decided to be a thug/gang banger in his spare time.
He grew up with gangbangers. He couldnt/didnt want to shake it off.

Thats the messed up thing about this. He not only got a way out, he was living a dream. Its not like he wasnt good. He was right there.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎