None
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1958 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:05 pm
On a lighter side, the NFL schedule is out for next year.

Looks like the Pats will start their season against the Chiefs.
And the Pats also get an International game in Mexico against the Raiders.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 4:05 pm
On a lighter side, the NFL schedule is out for next year.

Looks like the Pats will start their season against the Chiefs.
Weird that the Pat's divisional games are so late in the schedule. They don't have their first game with a division rival until week 6. Their next divisional game isn't until Week 12 where 5 out of the final 6 games are divisional games.

So another weird twist to the Hernandez suicide... There's a Massachusetts law that voids any convictions if the person dies before he can exhaust all appeals. The impact is the Patriots would then owe Hernandez's estate roughly $15 million in guaranteed money that they didn't pay him because he was convicted. This could also put a wrinkle in the civil case with Odin LLoyd's family. Makes me wonder if Hernandez knew this.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9609 posts
2843 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey guys we are going to LA in December and I will attend my first Rams game :)

I checked StubHub and NFL Ticket Exchange and the tickets aren't cheap, cheapest is around $75 per in the nosebleed and decent seat is about $150 per in 2nd level. I am wondering if those 2 sites are where you would normally look for NFL tickets? I have also checked eBay but there are not too many listings now.

This will only be my 2nd NFL game, I got tickets to my 1st NFL game off a colleague a number of years ago so that was easy.
Atomy Korean Beauty Care/Health Care/Household products available in Ottawa.

LF: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64GB in white. Pick-up in Ottawa or EMT elsewhere. Please PM your details.
Jan 12, 2017
810 posts
110 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 9:55 am
Weird that the Pat's divisional games are so late in the schedule. They don't have their first game with a division rival until week 6. Their next divisional game isn't until Week 12 where 5 out of the final 6 games are divisional games.

So another weird twist to the Hernandez suicide... There's a Massachusetts law that voids any convictions if the person dies before he can exhaust all appeals. The impact is the Patriots would then owe Hernandez's estate roughly $15 million in guaranteed money that they didn't pay him because he was convicted. This could also put a wrinkle in the civil case with Odin LLoyd's family. Makes me wonder if Hernandez knew this.
this is prolly why he offed himself..so his family and kid could benefit, he wasn't going NOwhere #life
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Jan 22, 2017
49 posts
11 upvotes
bobbings wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 10:35 am
All the money in the world for him to take and he had to take the wrong path...
Happens when you cannot handle money and fame together.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 8:47 pm
Hey guys we are going to LA in December and I will attend my first Rams game :)

I checked StubHub and NFL Ticket Exchange and the tickets aren't cheap, cheapest is around $75 per in the nosebleed and decent seat is about $150 per in 2nd level. I am wondering if those 2 sites are where you would normally look for NFL tickets? I have also checked eBay but there are not too many listings now.

This will only be my 2nd NFL game, I got tickets to my 1st NFL game off a colleague a number of years ago so that was easy.
I looking for tickets too, but for the Patriots. I will be in New York for Thanksgiving, so I was thinking of swinging by Boston/Foxboro first and catch a Patriots game. $275 for the upper bowl corner vs the Panthers. Damn... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9609 posts
2843 upvotes
Ottawa
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:12 am
I looking for tickets too, but for the Patriots. I will be in New York for Thanksgiving, so I was thinking of swinging by Boston/Foxboro first and catch a Patriots game. $275 for the upper bowl corner vs the Panthers. Damn... Disappointed But Relieved Face
I imagine Pats tickets are always in demand and will command a good premium. That's what happens when you are a model franchise of the league for years, if not a decade and longer.

I surmise tickets for my Rams game this year will also be more pricey because it is the 1st year for them in LA, after a long absence, and many fans will turn out for the novelty...

I'll prolly grab something in the $100 range and just soak in all the experience...

LF: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 64GB in white. Pick-up in Ottawa or EMT elsewhere. Please PM your details.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
canabiz wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:16 pm
I imagine Pats tickets are always in demand and will command a good premium. That's what happens when you are a model franchise of the league for years, if not a decade and longer.

I surmise tickets for my Rams game this year will also be more pricey because it is the 1st year for them in LA, after a long absence, and many fans will turn out for the novelty...

I'll prolly grab something in the $100 range and just soak in all the experience...
At least the tickets are probably cheaper this year than last year. Last year was their first year in LA, so some of the novelty should have worn off. Add to that, the Chargers are moving into the same building... and well... the RAMs are awful. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Draft tonight! Normally, I would keep tabs, but with the Pats not having a pick in the first 2 rounds, it'll be uneventful for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5605 posts
142 upvotes
Based on experience since I have attended two Patriots game in Boston recently, their tickets are quite expensive. I doubt I can afford to go again until Brady retires lol
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
TheRealVinsanity wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 8:04 am
Not sure what the Bears were thinking...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story ... l-trubisky
That made no sense. Maybe John Lynch has a great poker face? Convinced the Bears they were taking Trubisky?

All I kept hearing was this was a weak QB class, yet 3 QBs go in the top 12 picks where all 3 teams traded up to get them.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3303 posts
1939 upvotes
North Vancouver
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Apr 28th, 2017 10:14 am
That made no sense. Maybe John Lynch has a great poker face? Convinced the Bears they were taking Trubisky?
Convinced the Bears that other teams had good offers for the pick. Considering the trades that happened, this wasn't an unrealistic concern on the Bears' part.

It was definitely an over-payment, but I do see the Bears' reasoning. The management needed to find either an elite QB or a prospect with that potential or they would be gone. They believed that Trubisky had the potential, and he buys them another year or two. On the positive, at least they didn't give up a 1st in 2018.
All I kept hearing was this was a weak QB class, yet 3 QBs go in the top 12 picks where all 3 teams traded up to get them.
It's a QB league and the teams that don't have high-level starters are perpetually desperate.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9609 posts
2843 upvotes
Ottawa
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Apr 27th, 2017 2:36 pm
At least the tickets are probably cheaper this year than last year. Last year was their first year in LA, so some of the novelty should have worn off. Add to that, the Chargers are moving into the same building... and well... the RAMs are awful. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Draft tonight! Normally, I would keep tabs, but with the Pats not having a pick in the first 2 rounds, it'll be uneventful for me.
You are right my bad, this is the 2nd year in LA for the Rams. I think they are trending in the right direction with a young offense and solid D. I'll be watching them play the Eagles on Dec. 10th.

I have heard traffic in LA is pretty bad so we will depart Vegas the Saturday afternoon before to get to LA on Saturday night and take our time to get to the stadium on Sunday morning.

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9680 posts
824 upvotes
Ah nuts! Not all players fall victim to the Madden curse, but why fight against this bad mojo.