None
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
Biff88 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 11:16 pm
With the Bills still in the wildcard position after 2 bad losses, Tyrod Taylor is benched in favour of rookie Nate Peterman this Sunday against the Chargers.
Peterman looked decent during his debut against the Saints in garbage time last Sunday. He had a good pre-season. A mobile QB without a gun for an arm like Taylor can only take you so far, so Peterman should give the Bills offense a different look.
And seeing how well that went on Sunday.. backup guy, first half, 5 INTs. Taylor comes in and makes the loss somewhat respectable.

Idiot coach.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:38 am
And seeing how well that went on Sunday.. backup guy, first half, 5 INTs. Taylor comes in and makes the loss somewhat respectable.

Idiot coach.
Somewhat Respectable? Tyrod came in down 33 points. They finished the game down 30 points. 30 points loss is never respectable... it's a straight up ass kicking. Tyrod may have helped put 17 points on the board, but the game was already way out of hand and essentially garbage time for half the game. He also fumbled which led to 6 points the other way.

The rookie QB may have given up 5 INTs, but the Bills as a whole were terrible. 111 minutes straight the Jets, Saints, and Chargers did not punt the ball. Defense couldn't stop anything. It was a dumb move to start Peterman, but Tyrod can't move the ball against starters. Right now the Bills have 2 QBs who are only good during garbage time and pre-season. Tyrod has not gotten any better than his first season with the Bills... if anything he's regressing.

Peterman still has a chance to develop into something. The comments (not on this board) and tweets about Peterman was he was their "Tom Brady". And now those same people want Peterman to never play another snap. What's wrong with Bills fans? They need to know that Brady was benched his entire first season and his first few seasons starting, his stats were mediocre at best (besides 4th quarter comebacks). Alex Smith threw 4 INT in his first game. Peyton and Aikman both had 3 INTs in their first game. Those guys turned out alright. Struggle with Tyrod this season and next season and bring in Peterman when he's ready... or actually use a first round draft pick on a QB. Darnold (who was once the project 1st overall) is plummeting in mock drafts. Should be an easy get in the late 1st round.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
121 upvotes
Logtown
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 1:37 pm
Somewhat Respectable? Tyrod came in down 33 points. They finished the game down 30 points. 30 points loss is never respectable... it's a straight up ass kicking. Tyrod may have helped put 17 points on the board, but the game was already way out of hand and essentially garbage time for half the game. He also fumbled which led to 6 points the other way.

The rookie QB may have given up 5 INTs, but the Bills as a whole were terrible. 111 minutes straight the Jets, Saints, and Chargers did not punt the ball. Defense couldn't stop anything. It was a dumb move to start Peterman, but Tyrod can't move the ball against starters. Right now the Bills have 2 QBs who are only good during garbage time and pre-season. Tyrod has not gotten any better than his first season with the Bills... if anything he's regressing.

Peterman still has a chance to develop into something. The comments (not on this board) and tweets about Peterman was he was their "Tom Brady". And now those same people want Peterman to never play another snap. What's wrong with Bills fans? They need to know that Brady was benched his entire first season and his first few seasons starting, his stats were mediocre at best (besides 4th quarter comebacks). Alex Smith threw 4 INT in his first game. Peyton and Aikman both had 3 INTs in their first game. Those guys turned out alright. Struggle with Tyrod this season and next season and bring in Peterman when he's ready... or actually use a first round draft pick on a QB. Darnold (who was once the project 1st overall) is plummeting in mock drafts. Should be an easy get in the late 1st round.
I guess respectable as far as the QB position goes.

I can see how it seemed like I gave, say, the defense, a pass.. definitely not intended, they were shit from start to finish. Tyrod was far from it though. There's no justification for the passes thrown.. all 5 on that QB.

Decisions like that though to bench your starter over such marginal performance matters are the type that hang coaches. Case in point.. Shanahan in Wash. And we're talking a great coach versus this guy.

I'm not a Bills fan whatsoever, but I'd be going nuts over that coach's stupidity if I was.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2100 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 9:38 am

Idiot coach.
And now we know why mobile QB Tyrod Taylor has been the starter the last 2 years, the O Line is dreadful and can’t protect pocket passers like Peterman whatsoever. Tyrod did ok in garbage time, but he is not the long term answer. The Bills defense was pretty bad too.
Oh well same old Bills, a promising half season start and then fall apart again in the second half of the season.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8574 posts
321 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 8:05 pm
With the Dolphins, Jets sinking and the Bills now shuffling QBs, I think that one could safely bet the house on the Pats winning the divison Grinning Face
When was the last time anyone had a chance in that division anyways?. Maybe that one year when the Jets beat the Patriots?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Rex Ryan had to play extreme mind games to make that happen.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2100 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 11:27 pm
When was the last time anyone had a chance in that division anyways?. Maybe that one year when the Jets beat the Patriots?. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Rex Ryan had to play extreme mind games to make that happen.
Patriots didn't win the division in 2008 when the Dolphins won it with a 11-5 record which the Pats also had but lost on a tie breaker.
They became the first 11-5 team to not make the playoffs. Did I mention that Tom Brady didn’t play? Grinning Face
It was the Matt Cassel season after Brady went down with a season ending knee injury in the opener.

Since Brady is now 40 yrs old, the other teams in the division are probably counting down to when he retires so that they have a chance to win the division again!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:48 pm
Patriots didn't win the division in 2008 when the Dolphins won it with a 11-5 record which the Pats also had but lost on a tie breaker.
They became the first 11-5 team to not make the playoffs. Did I mention that Tom Brady didn’t play? Grinning Face
It was the Matt Cassel season after Brady went down with a season ending knee injury in the opener.

Since Brady is now 40 yrs old, the other teams in the division are probably counting down to when he retires so that they have a chance to win the division again!
To further this that 2008 was a wacky season because Patriots not only lost the tiebreaker to the Fins for AFC East title, but also lost the tiebreaker between the Ravens for the wildcard. The previous time Brady didn't win the AFC East was way back in 2002 where they were in a 3 way tie for the division lead... again lost the tiebreaker... and again lost the tiebreaker for the wildcard. So even when they don't win their division, their record is still just as good. So far 14 ofr 16 and it looks like that'll be 15 for 17.

Patriots are on a 6 game winning streak, nearly impossible to beat in December, Fins on a 4 game losing streak, Bills on a 3 game losing streak and the Jets realizing they are the Jets. It seems like a lock. BUT I won't count my chickens before they are hatched. The final 6 games on the Patriots schedule has 5 divisional games and 1 game against the Steelers. Doesn't matter how crappy their division has got, their division still plays them the hardest. In fact, the AFC East has a better record against the Pats than the rest of the league.... winning something like 30% vs 20% for the rest of the league.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17201 posts
1506 upvotes
Woodbridge
I can't believe the Giants benched Eli Manning?!?!?!

I love Eli, not only the better than his brother Payton but IMO one of the best.

The problem is the coach, he lost the locker room. I was never a fan, he seems to think combing his hair back makes him better. LOL He should've been fired long time ago!!!!!
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 7:19 pm
I can't believe the Giants benched Eli Manning?!?!?!

I love Eli, not only the better than his brother Payton but IMO one of the best.

The problem is the coach, he lost the locker room. I was never a fan, he seems to think combing his hair back makes him better. LOL He should've been fired long time ago!!!!!
Looks like McAdoo got canned. Same with the GM Jerry Reese. Also Eli named the starter again. That's a shame. Eli's consecutive streak ended and not by injury, but by a stupid HC who wanted to see what they had with Geno Smith. They have a back up QB. That is all Geno will ever be. Literally nobody was looking for him in the off season and nobody will be looking for him next off season. You could resign him for peanuts. I don't know if Eli would have caught up to Favre for most starts at QB (needs 5-6 more seasons), but now well never know. To be honest, without that streak, Eli doesn't have much to play for. He could join a different team, but unless he wins another SB, I doubt he'll get into Canton. He had a few good seasons with 2 SB and 2 SB MVPs, but the rest of his seasons were not good. Many of them being below average. He didn't deserve to be benched, but he really wasn't that far off.

And no he's no where close to Peyton.

In other news, Gronk got 1 game suspension on his very late hit on Tre'davious White. He appealed and it might probably get reduced to nothing or a fine. Even though I'm a big Pats and Gronk fan. He deserves to be suspended. Personally, if the appeal process overturns the suspension, I want to see Belichick scratch him in the next game.

Anyone see the stats on Brady vs Buffalo? He now has the most wins over any single team. 27-3 versus the Bills. On top of that he's now 14-2 in Buffalo. That's tied with the most wins with any Buffalo QB in the same time frame. The only silver lining was he didn't throw for any touchdowns... so he's still 1 TD behind Fitzpatrick for most TDs in Buffalo.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17201 posts
1506 upvotes
Woodbridge
The douchebag just wanted to take Eli down with him.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2100 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:38 pm
Looks like McAdoo got canned. Same with the GM Jerry Reese. Also Eli named the starter again. That's a shame. Eli's consecutive streak ended and not by injury, but by a stupid HC who wanted to see what they had with Geno Smith. They have a back up QB. That is all Geno will ever be. Literally nobody was looking for him in the off season and nobody will be looking for him next off season. You could resign him for peanuts. I don't know if Eli would have caught up to Favre for most starts at QB (needs 5-6 more seasons), but now well never know. To be honest, without that streak, Eli doesn't have much to play for. He could join a different team, but unless he wins another SB, I doubt he'll get into Canton. He had a few good seasons with 2 SB and 2 SB MVPs, but the rest of his seasons were not good. Many of them being below average. He didn't deserve to be benched, but he really wasn't that far off.

And no he's no where close to Peyton.

In other news, Gronk got 1 game suspension on his very late hit on Tre'davious White. He appealed and it might probably get reduced to nothing or a fine. Even though I'm a big Pats and Gronk fan. He deserves to be suspended. Personally, if the appeal process overturns the suspension, I want to see Belichick scratch him in the next game.

Anyone see the stats on Brady vs Buffalo? He now has the most wins over any single team. 27-3 versus the Bills. On top of that he's now 14-2 in Buffalo. That's tied with the most wins with any Buffalo QB in the same time frame. The only silver lining was he didn't throw for any touchdowns... so he's still 1 TD behind Fitzpatrick for most TDs in Buffalo.
Agree with the Eli benching being dumb. Was thinking over the weekend what teams desparate for a QB might he interested in him next hear and the Broncos immediately come to mind. Was a good fit for older bro and might be for him too for a couple of years.

The Gronk hit was really out of character for him. Ironically he was born and raised in the Buffalo area.

The only Brady loss in Buffalo I remember was the 2003 opener where the Bills spanked them 31 zip. Still remember big Sam Adams rumbling down the sideline after intercepting Brady...it made the cover of Sports Illustrated.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:53 pm
Agree with the Eli benching being dumb. Was thinking over the weekend what teams desparate for a QB might he interested in him next hear and the Broncos immediately come to mind. Was a good fit for older bro and might be for him too for a couple of years.

The Gronk hit was really out of character for him. Ironically he was born and raised in the Buffalo area.

The only Brady loss in Buffalo I remember was the 2003 opener where the Bills spanked them 31 zip. Still remember big Sam Adams rumbling down the sideline after intercepting Brady...it made the cover of Sports Illustrated.
And Sam Adams is a brewery in Boston... loi

Watching MNF was a clear reason why the NFL will be terrible in 20 years. Who wants their kids playing football with all those dirty hits... and the worst injuries were just routine plays. Hope Shazier is alright. It looked like such a nothing play, but he wasn't moving his legs at all after that. Also clear that Marvin Lewis needs to be fired. They had a 17 point lead and blew it with a team record 173 yards in penalties. Seems like he's lost control of his team and very likely to miss the playoffs back to back.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15798 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
^ its true about how ppl need to let up on hits and such.. but look at what happened in this game.. the one Cinci guy didnt want to hit Bell from the side as he looked like he was going out of bounds and let up...what happened? Bell tiptoed the line and went 30+ yards for the TD...
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
Sucks to hear Wentz is out with a torn ACL. That dude was having a fantastic year. From Sunday's game I was hoping these 2 teams meet again in the NFC finals... it could be the start of the next great QB battle since Manning/Brady.