Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10344 posts
1119 upvotes
bembol wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 4:22 pm
I've said it before, Tomlin and the coaching staff (OC, DC) needs to be looked at. They have the talent especially on offense but they're not being coached.

This is pathetic.
Tomlin is a glorified cheerleader. Too focused on New England, they missed the team in front of them. Also it was a mistake to rest many of their players in the final week. Having their stars not play for 2 weeks, the Steelers came out flat and put themselves in a deep hole.

The weekend games were mostly entertaining though. Felt bad for the Saints. They made a lot of key plays down the stretch and Williams blew it with a horrible missed tackle. The catch wasn't anything special, but it'll definitely be remembered for many years.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2079 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
As a Pats fan, I would like to see them play the Vikings in The Super Bowl, with the Vikes playing in their home stadium. The atmosphere would be insane!
But thats jumping the gun since the Vikes first have to beat the Eagles in Philly on Sunday, not sure if they can do that.

The Pats will use the same defensive game plan for Bortles as they had for the mobile Mariotta which yielded 8 sacks. With the Pats defence peaking now, it will be tough for the Jags to win unless they produce a lot of big plays on both sides of the ball.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15795 posts
679 upvotes
Stouffville
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 2:32 am
The Jags vs Steelers game really was decided on poor coaching decision by Tomlin. The 4th and 1 in the last quarter, they went for pass when a run would have gotten the first down. Cost them the momentum. Then an onside kick when the better choice was to pin the Jags deep since Pitts had 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning.

The MInn vs Saints was decided by one missed tackle. Saints had the game won. All the they had to do is was let the guy catch the ball and tackle him since Minn had no more timeouts and time would have run out.
Tomlin definitely messed up a few times.. especially not kicking the ball off at the end... they had 2 timeouts, not 3... but still.. you know Jags are running and you trust your D, even tho they had given up 42 points at the time...They had some chances.. down to the 5 yard line with like 45 seconds left then couldnt get it in till 1 sec left lol...

as for the Minn vs. Saints game... no idea what that guy was doing there.. keep slowly behind the guy, let him catch it and drag him down to the RIGHT, which is towards the middle... Diggs MAY have been able to get the ball and drag Williams out of bounds with 1 or 2 sec.. so it wasnt a guaranteed win unless he tackles him inbounds but it was close enough to the sidelines that Diggs may get out of bounds... Heck, it might have been better for Williams to hit the guy while he was in the air... when Diggs is in the air you know the ball is coming really close and they might not call a pass interference... WORST case, they call Pass Interference around the 37 yard line and you force Vikings kicker to hit a pressure packed 55 yarder...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8736 posts
1396 upvotes
兩最大
I really don't get the Williams play, that's close to the choke of the Falcons last year But obviously not as much at stake. Still, how can you miss your tackle completely AND take out your own guy who might've been able to stop Diggs? Somebody check his bank account for a mysteriously large deposit.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2079 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 7:12 pm
Go Pats!

Hope Gronk can recover for the SB.
Philly is going to be tough. They put up a lot points against a really good Viking defence and Foles really lit up. As a Pats fan I miss Legarette Blount. It will be quite an interesting game!
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10344 posts
1119 upvotes
Biff88 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2018 10:46 pm

Philly is going to be tough. They put up a lot points against a really good Viking defence and Foles really lit up. As a Pats fan I miss Legarette Blount. It will be quite an interesting game!
I agree definitely will be a challenge, but lesser of the 2 evils. Minnesota at home (or any team for that matter) for the SB would probably be unstoppable.
tranquility922 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 2:39 am
I dunno why anyone likes supporting the Pats. I knew this would be yet aNother scam:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/myles-j ... super-bowl
A scam? I don't care that you hate the Patriots, but trying to find anything to pin on the Patriots just to hate them is petty.

Ref blew his whistle too soon. It wasn't the right thing to do, but refs are trained to blow their whistles sooner rather than later as it helps prevent injuries. If any hate is to be thrown around, then hate the refs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8908 posts
1010 upvotes
Vancouver
This doesn't look great:

General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
i don't even care about the nfl anymore now. god damn patriots can't let someone else win for once.

I'll always have Eli at least.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2079 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 3:47 pm
i don't even care about the nfl anymore now. god damn patriots can't let someone else win for once.
I'll always have Eli at least.
Speaking of Eli, I think a change of scenery would be good for him. Like for bro Peyton, Denver would be a good spot. Broncos are good every where except for the QB position. I think a move like that would revitalize his career.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
2079 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 12:53 pm
....Minnesota at home (or any team for that matter) for the SB would probably be unstoppable.......
But that’s precisely why I wanted the Vikes to win Grinning Face Everybody hates the Pats now so it’s the us against the world mantra.
To be able to go into hostile territory where the opponent is the home team on the SB stage and then win, would have been a lot of fun!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8736 posts
1396 upvotes
兩最大
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 12:53 pm
A scam? I don't care that you hate the Patriots, but trying to find anything to pin on the Patriots just to hate them is petty.

Ref blew his whistle too soon. It wasn't the right thing to do, but refs are trained to blow their whistles sooner rather than later as it helps prevent injuries. If any hate is to be thrown around, then hate the refs.
No I didn't say Pats were in on that but just a stupid whistle. Let the damn play run out because one can't review/reverse it. Also, didn't look good refs celebrating with the Pats.

2 of the SBs were gifted to the Pats due to boneheaded plays of the opposition, as great as NE is...

Tired of this dynasty. Fly Eagles fly! Lol.