Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10344 posts
1119 upvotes
Chookman wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 8:53 pm
Not overly impressed. Money was good for McCarron but I don't see how a guy with 4 career starts is better than Tyrod who has much more experience and has led them to their first playoff appearance in close to 20 years.

Got jumped by the Jets and now will have to overpay for a QB. Highly doubtful the Giants trade with them because you know the Jets called and were declined. Looks like the Giants are going QB. Also the GM of the Giants has never traded down in his career as a GM. If they do, then the Bills will massively overpay. Expect the price to be something like #12, #22, #53, #56 and next year's 1st. Otherwise, they can wait and hope that a QB falls or massively overpay Cleveland for the #4 pick who will be shopping it to everyone not to mention the Broncos and Dolphins who have a higher pick than the Bills do. Even then, if they can make that trade, it looks like they get the 4th best QB in the draft.
I still stand by the moves the Bills made. AJ MCCarron is just a stop gap with a tiny potential to be great (he was once thought to be on par with Garappolo not too long ago). Tyrod is the better QB, but isn't the Bills franchise QB that they want to build around. The fact that every trade they got more value and every signing was what the player was worth or cheaper, they did well. From a team standpoint, they aren't much better than last year (possibly worse), but they have a lot of draft capital, a lot more cap room, and basically got rid of all the overprice long term deals that that Ryan/Whaley gave out.

But it all relied on them drafting a QB. And they got burned by the Jets. The Jets completely overpaid for the 3rd pick. Using the draft value chart, the Jets overpaid by as much as 38% more than what they got back. That was with a team that was looking to trade. Giants, Browns, Broncos aren't going to budge. And given that the Jets overpaid by that much, I agree 3 1st round and 2 2nd round picks are about the value needed if the Giants were to give up that 2nd spot. 3 1st rounds and 1 2nd round is a little more than what the Jets paid, Adding another 2nd pick sweetens the deal. I don't think they'll be able to reach the price of Cleveland for 1st (will cost too much) or 4th (too risky losing your preferred QB choice).

Personally, the Giants trade is too much, but the Bills need to do it. They did everything to get to this point of picking up their future QB, so why stop now? The alternative is to wait until draft day and hope that teams don't go very heavy on QBs which is unlikely. For example, let's say Giants or the Jets draft Barkley. Both teams desperately need a RB, This would make the Browns much more open to trading the 4th pick (at possibly cheaper cost too). Also there's probably a pretty good chance that the Broncos don't go with a QB. Fins are all in with Tannehill. From pick 7 to 11, none of those teams need a QB, so the whoever is left could end up in the Bills hands without the need to trade up... but the last time they took the 4th best QB, it didn't turn out so well... in 2004 Eli, Rivers and Big Ben. Then the Bills took Losman.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2127 posts
327 upvotes
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Mar 25th, 2018 5:57 pm
But it all relied on them drafting a QB. And they got burned by the Jets. The Jets completely overpaid for the 3rd pick. Using the draft value chart, the Jets overpaid by as much as 38% more than what they got back.

Personally, the Giants trade is too much, but the Bills need to do it. They did everything to get to this point of picking up their future QB, so why stop now? The alternative is to wait until draft day and hope that teams don't go very heavy on QBs which is unlikely. For example, let's say Giants or the Jets draft Barkley. Both teams desperately need a RB, This would make the Browns much more open to trading the 4th pick (at possibly cheaper cost too). Also there's probably a pretty good chance that the Broncos don't go with a QB. Fins are all in with Tannehill. From pick 7 to 11, none of those teams need a QB, so the whoever is left could end up in the Bills hands without the need to trade up... but the last time they took the 4th best QB, it didn't turn out so well... in 2004 Eli, Rivers and Big Ben. Then the Bills took Losman.
When it comes to QBs, the draft value chart means nothing. You will overpay by a lot. The Jets will pick a QB. Barkley is out of the question. Secondly, Gettleman has never traded down in his history as a GM so it will be hard to convince him to trade out of #2. The other reasons Barkley probably won't go in the top 5 is because RB is a devalued position in the NFL, the amount of money you pay a RB picked in the top 5 is too much, and John Dorsey has never picked a RB in the first round as GM.

If your scenario plays out where Barkley is picked, the Browns' 4th just went up in value because a better QB will be available and more teams will want it. There has been a lot of news about Miami looking QB in this draft. Basically Miami, Denver, Buffalo and Arizona will be looking to move up if the price is right.
Jun 24, 2008
10 posts
Mississauga, ON
So it is the day of the NFL Schedule release! Always an exciting day for me as I start to make plans for potential trips to see my beloved San Francisco 49ers play live.
So far, I have visited the stadiums in: Miami, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, New York, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Washington and of course, San Francisco.
This year Ill be likely choosing between road trips to Los Angeles, Arizona, Kansas City or Green Bay.

But the real question I am faced with this year, is how I will be watching them from the comfort of my own home. Last year I had DAZN and it was just a poor overall experience for me and others I spoke to. I heard about a couple of providers getting the broadcast rights back but I cannot find any information regarding this up coming season.
I have looked at both Rogers and Bell in regards to their "super sports packs" and neither of them list NFL Sunday ticket as one of their offerings.

I am moving on May 1 and would ideally like to subscribe to a service provider that will have the Sunday ticket if its available at all...
If there is no Sunday ticket and DAZN is the only option, then so be it. But if there will be an option, I would prefer to know now!
Anybody have any news regarding this?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10344 posts
1119 upvotes
mpniak wrote:
Apr 19th, 2018 2:26 pm
So it is the day of the NFL Schedule release! Always an exciting day for me as I start to make plans for potential trips to see my beloved San Francisco 49ers play live.
So far, I have visited the stadiums in: Miami, Tampa Bay, Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, New York, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Washington and of course, San Francisco.
This year Ill be likely choosing between road trips to Los Angeles, Arizona, Kansas City or Green Bay.

But the real question I am faced with this year, is how I will be watching them from the comfort of my own home. Last year I had DAZN and it was just a poor overall experience for me and others I spoke to. I heard about a couple of providers getting the broadcast rights back but I cannot find any information regarding this up coming season.
I have looked at both Rogers and Bell in regards to their "super sports packs" and neither of them list NFL Sunday ticket as one of their offerings.

I am moving on May 1 and would ideally like to subscribe to a service provider that will have the Sunday ticket if its available at all...
If there is no Sunday ticket and DAZN is the only option, then so be it. But if there will be an option, I would prefer to know now!
Anybody have any news regarding this?
NFL Sunday Ticket was supposed to come back for the 2018 season. You should call Bell or Roger directly. Maybe it's there, but just not advertised. I would guess they would wait until late summer before they really start promoting it. The 49ers got 5 primetime games, so at the very least there's that.

As for road trips... Don't know if you're looking for advise, but I would skip LA and pick from the other 3. Both Green Bay and KC will be electric with their fans. Arizona will be fun because it's a somewhat new stadium. LA's new stadium won't be ready for 2 more years. I would wait for that. Given the choices, I would pick KC based on how little these teams play each other. 49ers only go there once every 8 years. Travelling to Green Bay happen at least once every 6 years with added games if both the 49ers and Packers finish in the same place in their respective divisions. And Arizona & LA happen every year.
Jun 24, 2008
10 posts
Mississauga, ON
KC is definetly at the top of my list... but not sure how the wife feels about it! Gonna work on that lol
She would probably prefer the Arz game since it is approaching winter time and would be nice to catch some rays before the cold settles in!

I was instore at Bell and the guy there could only confirm Sunday ticket being available in Atlantic provinces. His guess was that they are still working out the licensing terms.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10344 posts
1119 upvotes
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... falo-bills

This is some serious accusations against Shady. The victim (ex-girlfriend who lives in one of Shady's homes) was assault and robbed in her home. The lawyer suggests that Shady hired someone to invade and attack her as he is trying to evict her from that home and recover jewelry he gave her (which was precisely what the perp was after with no signs of forced entry). There are also allegations that he beat his son and dog and took steroids.

This is not good looking for Shady. But I'll hold out any judgement until the investigation is complete. Shady is one of my favorite RBs in the league right now.