Sports & Recreation

NFL Week 9 Discussions for ProLine, On-line, Office Pool Playaz, $$$ 4 X-mas!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2004 12:14 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9716 posts
2876 upvotes
Ottawa

NFL Week 9 Discussions for ProLine, On-line, Office Pool Playaz, $$$ 4 X-mas!!!

OK fellas here's Week 9 schedule

NY Jets(6-1) @ Buffalo(2-5)
Oakland(2-6) @ Carolina(1-6)
Dallas(3-4) @ Cincinnati(2-5)
Washington(2-5) @ Detroit(4-3)
Arizona(2-5) @ Miami(1-7)
Philedelphia(7-0) @ Pittsburgh(6-1)
Kansas City(3-4) @ Tampa Bay(2-5)
Chicago(2-5) @ NY Giants(5-2)
New Orleans(3-4) @ San Diego(5-3)
Seattle(4-3) @ San Francisco(1-6)
Houston(4-3) @ Denver(5-3)
New England(6-1) @ St.Louis(4-3)

Sunday Night
Cleveland(4-3) @ Baltimore(4-3)

MNF
Minnesota(5-2) @ Indianapolis(4-3)

ProLine's early spread is also available

So far I like Mia -2.5 over Arizona, that's right the MNF syndrome will kick into effect and the Cards are just dreadful on the road

Pit +1.5 over Philly, Big Ben and the Steelers are a force to be reckoned with, Philly missing several players on IR

Oakland +6.5 over Carolina, Raiders stink but Carolina just way too depleted to get that many points plus OAK going into a bye, gotta get some momentum

More thoughts and picks later as the week progresses

Let's bring in some $$$ this week fellas
[removed]
29 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1213 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
Here are my two tickets:

Proline
2. PHI @ PIT = PIT win by 4 ... 2.5
7. KC @ TB = KC win by 8 ... 2.5
12. HOU @ DEN = HOU win by 4 ... 3.7

$10 for payout of $231.30

Point Spread
1. NY -3.5
2. PIT +1.5
7. KC -3.5
11. NE -2.5
12. HOU +6.5

$10 for payout of $200.00

Good luck everyone! Let's win some $$$!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1089 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone plz explain how the point spread works?
FS List:

Dec 8, 2001
292 posts
i haven't won a bet in a while so don't take my advice. :)

I'll take:

Phili over Pitts only if westbrook is playing
Miami over Arizona
Det over Wash
Denver over Houston
KC over TB
Oct 14, 2003
137 posts
21 upvotes
Here are my calls for the Early Spreads

NYJ -3.5
PHI -1.5
WSH +3.5
CIN +1.5
OAK +6.5
ARZ +2.5
KC -3.5 (Lock of the week)
NJ -9.5
SF +7.5 (Upset of the week)
SD -6.5 (NWO is a streaky team so I don't like this game, if the spread hits 7.5 in the final spreads then I'd play NWO)
STL +2.5 (I think STL can get it done on turf)
DEN -6.5
BAL -6.5
MIN +7.5 (Very big spread, but I'm hoping that Moss will play, otherwise it's IND)

I wouldn't touch the NWO/SD & MIN/IND games myself and STL is somewhat of a longshot, but I feel confident that SF will not only beat the spread, but beat SEA aswell.
The Earth was blue, but there was no God
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1089 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the link oreo, but here's 1 thing i dun understand. If you look at the Baltimire and St. Louis's game on 5th page of the link you provided, the spread is -1.5. So, to cover the spread, St. Louis must win by 2 points or more which looks pretty easy if St. Louis is a better team than Baltimore and to beat the spread, Baltimore must win or lose by 1 point, but what are the odds of that in foot ball games finishing by 1 point?
Oreo_The_Cookie wrote:http://proline.olgc.ca/demo.asp?lang=e&game=1

If you need any further clarification, I'm sure one of us can help ;)
FS List:

May 13, 2003
51 posts
pilmania wrote:Thanks for the link oreo, but here's 1 thing i dun understand. If you look at the Baltimire and St. Louis's game on 5th page of the link you provided, the spread is -1.5. So, to cover the spread, St. Louis must win by 2 points or more which looks pretty easy if St. Louis is a better team than Baltimore and to beat the spread, Baltimore must win or lose by 1 point, but what are the odds of that in foot ball games finishing by 1 point?
Theres a slim chance but it does happen. Usually a team will be leading but 2 field goals and then the other team will get a touchdown and the end of the game. It wouldn't happen in reverse as much because if the other team is down 4 point they will go for the touchdown no matter what because a fg does not will them the game.
Oct 14, 2003
137 posts
21 upvotes
In the STL/NE game NE is favoured by 2.5 so NE needs to win by 2.5 points. But you're right, it doesn't happen very often, what they're saying is that the game is too close to call so just pick who you think will win the game. Same thing in the PIT/PHI & DAL/CIN games, just pick who you think will win, basically ignoring the spread because it's so low.
The Earth was blue, but there was no God
Sep 16, 2004
421 posts
Toronto
NY over Buffalo (4 pts)1. Visitors
PIT over Philly (4 pts)2. Home
DET over Washington (4 pts)3. Home

pays $76.50 on 10 bucks $153 on 20

MIAMI over ARIZONA (4pts) 6. Home
KC over Tampa (4 pts) 7. Visitors
NE over St.Louis (4 pts) 11. Visitors

Pays $68.40 on 10 bucks $136.80 on 20

To me, these seem (especially the second ticket) like pretty easy money. Proline's been getting more and more generous on the odds. Anyways, these don't pay out huge but my strategy is bet multiple tickets on a smaller scale. Any opinions or disputes? :razz:
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1089 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
but according to the rules, doesn't STL have to win or lose by less than 2.5 points? so if I pick STL and the games ends with the score of STL 30 : 27 NE, I'm screwed right? sorry for my noobness! :cheesygri
Oreo_The_Cookie wrote:In the STL/NE game NE is favoured by 2.5 so NE needs to win by 2.5 points. But you're right, it doesn't happen very often, what they're saying is that the game is too close to call so just pick who you think will win the game. Same thing in the PIT/PHI & DAL/CIN games, just pick who you think will win, basically ignoring the spread because it's so low.
FS List:

Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
1639 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
pilmania wrote:but according to the rules, doesn't STL have to win or lose by less than 2.5 points? so if I pick STL and the games ends with the score of STL 30 : 27 NE, I'm screwed right? sorry for my noobness! :cheesygri
No, if you pick St. Louis to win, you'll win as long as New England doesn't win by more than three points. So even if New England wins (say 22-20), they haven't covered the spread so you win. If St. Louis wins by ANY amount, you still win

The easiest way to look at spreads is just think of it before they are even playing. If New England is -2.5 think of the score being

New England -2.5
St. Louis 0

Before the game even starts. Hope this helps.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1089 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Oreo and S14 Raven, thanks a lot foryour inputs!! Now it's clear in my head!
FS List:

Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1213 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
pilmania wrote:Oreo and S14 Raven, thanks a lot foryour inputs!! Now it's clear in my head!
So...then what are you waiting for? Go forth and play thy picks! :cheesygri

And make sure to post them here!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Dec 9, 2003
674 posts
4 upvotes
Do you guys usually play on 3 events? Do they have this in Alberta - I have never bet on sports before.