Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

NHL Gamecenter $75 (or less) for full season

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2016 9:06 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes

NHL Gamecenter $75 (or less) for full season

Last season I posed that using non NA IP would give you full season of Gamecenter for $100. Same can be done this year, however if you use Russian IP, you can get full season for $75

Easiest way of doing it:

In the Chrome browser get Hola ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... klfbnlmeio ) Open a new tab, select Russia, google/navigate to NHL Gamecenter, and you should see NHL Gamecenter for $75. Paid via paypal and got confirmation.

To get it for possibly even less, inside NHL 15, which hasnt come out yet, there will be a $25 off coupon that you should be able touse during signup, so you could get whole season for $50

One thing to note, once you signup you will get an email saying that you signed up for 1/2 a season, which is not true. CSR confirmed it is a mistake in the email.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments ... ow/cjs8myx
1655 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
Do you always have to use the hola with a russia ip, or once i get it i can watch from a regular canadian one?
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
Once you sign up, no more need for Hola. You can still use it if you want to watch blacked out games in your region to make GC think you are in other country, therefore removing the blackout.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
cvrle1 wrote: Once you sign up, no more need for Hola. You can still use it if you want to watch blacked out games in your region to make GC think you are in other country, therefore removing the blackout.
Is there a possibility they cancel the subscription mid season because if they find out?
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
skidragoon wrote: Is there a possibility they cancel the subscription mid season because if they find out?
So far no one reported having issues for last few years of doing this.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
cvrle1 wrote: So far no one reported having issues for last few years of doing this.
Thanks! Is it possible to stream it on my PS3? A way to get around blackouts?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2240 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll pay if its $75 for 720p quality, otherwise I'll stream in SD via XBMC Sportdevil.
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
guessguy wrote: I'll pay if its $75 for 720p quality, otherwise I'll stream in SD via XBMC Sportdevil.
HD depends on if the game is televised in HD. If it is, then GC will have HD stream as well. I watched all pens games last year in HD.
Dec 24, 2006
31 posts
3 upvotes
Do you have confirmation that the $25 dollar off code is actually in the Canadian versions? It appeared to me based on the cover art that it was something being offered online for the US versions.
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
victoriacanucker wrote: Do you have confirmation that the $25 dollar off code is actually in the Canadian versions? It appeared to me based on the cover art that it was something being offered online for the US versions.
Honestly, no idea. Thats why I said it may work. No one knows for sure as game is not out yet.
Nov 6, 2013
617 posts
585 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Could you confirm whether playoff games would be included in GameCenter? As well, do you know if this price goes up or down depending on when you purchase it?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
Diakonos wrote: Could you confirm whether playoff games would be included in GameCenter? As well, do you know if this price goes up or down depending on when you purchase it?
Playoff games are usually included.

I'm more nervous about the fact that this is for half a season to begin with, though...

... or inputting my Paypal info through a Russian proxy!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50592 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Derfel wrote: Playoff games are usually included.

I'm more nervous about the fact that this is for half a season to begin with, though...

Really? I never saw the option to watch the Playoffs games last year since they were mostly broadcasted on national television.
Sep 23, 2006
674 posts
829 upvotes
Playoffs are included. It is for full season, not half (1/2 is a typo confirmed by CSR) You are not entering your info through Russian proxy with Hula.
Nov 6, 2013
617 posts
585 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I guess not all playoff games are nationally televised, especially early in the playoffs. Maybe the ones not shown on CBC or whatever are on GC. OP, you mentioned that no one has had problems doing this in the past. Is there like a thread or reddit thread where people talk about their experience? I'm pretty sold, but I'd love to hear what other folks said about doing this, too.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5125 posts
5808 upvotes
Montreal
Last year I subscribed $100 using US IP trick and have no problem

100-nhl-gamecenter-1387987/

This year, subscribe again $75 using Russian IP lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2625 posts
2581 upvotes
Vancouver
Derfel wrote: Playoff games are usually included.

I don't quite think you understand how Hola works; but, I can assure you, you are not inputting your PayPal info through a Russian anything.

Anyway,

Thanks OP, this really is a great price especially with the ability to go through PS3.... may just have to go for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1309 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
evanwier wrote: I don't quite think you understand how Hola works; but, I can assure you, you are not inputting your PayPal info through a Russian anything.

Anyway,

Thanks OP, this really is a great price especially with the ability to go through PS3.... may just have to go for it.
Running the Hola Unblocker application turns your connection into a public exit node on a P2P network. It allows people can to use your Internet connection and potentially access illegal material. It also allows others to circumvent the Hola app and log your activity on their end, even if it doesn't contain readily recognizable personal information to start. It would be very easy for someone to intercept credit card and/or address info with a small fix, though - and you'd have absolutely no idea who or where they were when they got that info. That's the problem with using any sort of anonymous VPN service.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Last year, i suscribed via my dns ant it was 100 bucks. No problem!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)