None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8166 posts
986 upvotes
Victoria
jb10071 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 10:11 am
Absolutely. You're right, far more revenue from TV. But as a customer to pay and be blacked out makes no sense because the customer is losing and the business is gaining. Too lopsided, those relationships are never healthy. I know it's always been that way, but that philosophy in 2015 has become outdated. This is why people to turn to VPN's and other sources like hockeystreams. The more we talk about it, the more I've decided not to sign up for GCL. They have to stop with the blackouts, especially if they are charging so much.
All solid arguments. They are upfront about it though. They target the product at people that are fans of teams not in their area. I would imagine they would need to jack up the prices even higher if they didn't blackout because they would need to compensate for the TV revenue they lose. Maybe they should do that.... lol. Extra high priced tier for people who want local games. Either way Roger's needs money after their bonehead move of paying 5.2 billion for the rights.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1559 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
I've decided to go with hockeystreams instead of GCL, provided I get a damn invite email!
Mar 30, 2005
132 posts
3 upvotes
Bowmanville
How do you cancel the auto-renew within payapl? I did the Russian sign up for $75 last year.

I see it in my history, but not sure how to disabled the auto-renew.

Thanks in advance.
Oct 15, 2008
397 posts
640 upvotes
hicksticks wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 2:08 pm
How do you cancel the auto-renew within payapl? I did the Russian sign up for $75 last year.

I see it in my history, but not sure how to disabled the auto-renew.

Thanks in advance.
I called NHL.com billing at 1-800-559-2333 and told them I did not want to renew. Gave my login e-mail address and they found my account. They cancelled the charge and told me they set my account to not auto-renew. Whole process took less than a minute - even spoke to a N.A. call centre person! Very easy. Now to wait and see if I can get something better than the $180 B.S. of Rogers.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4534 posts
167 upvotes
Vancity
snowles wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 4:05 pm
I called NHL.com billing at 1-800-559-2333 and told them I did not want to renew. Gave my login e-mail address and they found my account. They cancelled the charge and told me they set my account to not auto-renew. Whole process took less than a minute - even spoke to a N.A. call centre person! Very easy. Now to wait and see if I can get something better than the $180 B.S. of Rogers.
Was the auto billing for this coming season or was that your experience last season?

I don't think I got charged yet, not sure if I am on auto bill or not...
Oct 15, 2008
397 posts
640 upvotes
sonick wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 4:47 pm
Was the auto billing for this coming season or was that your experience last season?

I don't think I got charged yet, not sure if I am on auto bill or not...
It was going to be charged on my card tomorrow for the 2015-16 season, according to the lady at NHL.com
Sep 1, 2011
424 posts
93 upvotes
Chilliwack
I keep getting redirected to the Rogers page even though my DNS is set to the UK. Any ideas why? It wasn't doing this the other day.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2006
408 posts
358 upvotes
For US full season is $131, for all international it is $119. I tired about 20 different countries and it seems that they have US price, Canada price (through Rogers) and International price for rest of the world. Unfortunately no $75 Russia deal for this year :(
Dec 8, 2002
813 posts
162 upvotes
Oakville
cvrle1 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 9:10 pm
For US full season is $131, for all international it is $119. I tired about 20 different countries and it seems that they have US price, Canada price (through Rogers) and International price for rest of the world. Unfortunately no $75 Russia deal for this year :(
Here's Russia's pricing:
$114.99 All Season
or $19.99 monthly (full access)

If you are interested in following one Team, from US it seems like a good deal:
$105.09 Single Team
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1998 posts
412 upvotes
Ottawa
jb10071 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 10:11 am
Absolutely. You're right, far more revenue from TV. But as a customer to pay and be blacked out makes no sense because the customer is losing and the business is gaining. Too lopsided, those relationships are never healthy. I know it's always been that way, but that philosophy in 2015 has become outdated. This is why people to turn to VPN's and other sources like hockeystreams. The more we talk about it, the more I've decided not to sign up for GCL. They have to stop with the blackouts, especially if they are charging so much.
Most people don't know or don't want to bother with VPNs and shady streams. If they did, GCL would cease to exist as it is designed to increase revenues and not replace revenues by incentivizing you to cut the cord.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3281 posts
3111 upvotes
Montreal
If you have VPN or proxy to any other country then the subscribe page will have international price = $114.99 USD no tax ~ $155 CAD

https://subscribe.nhl.com/international

Rogers early bird price = $179.99 CAD + tax
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1132 posts
718 upvotes
Looks like HockeyStreams is the way to go this season. If anyone needs an invite, PM me. It might work for first couple of people (I really don't know how many referrals they'd allow).

Thankfully, I am getting a free gamecenter account from Rogers Internet package, so I won't be spending money on streaming this season.
Oct 5, 2014
13 posts
Toronto, ON
Being in Australia is says $114 for the year. That is USD I am assuming? Or am I incorrect.

If so that is $161 AUD.

Would be nice if International users had the option for One team Package too, seems it is just for US viewers.
May 16, 2015
777 posts
162 upvotes
York, ON
If your a rogers customer, can u just sell your nhl game enter lI've to someone?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18229 posts
1506 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2015 12:53 am
If your a rogers customer, can u just sell your nhl game enter lI've to someone?
Depends if you want to give away your Rogers account login info. :razz:
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed