Hot Deals

NHL.TV 2016-2017 Early Bird Pass - Rogers ($179.99 CAD) - International ($119.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 6:28 pm
Sep 15, 2014
753 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Cool! I have access to gamecenter through my internet subscription. Didn't think I was going to get it this year because of the deal I got..
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Aug 7, 2011
321 posts
216 upvotes
Edmonton
pongster wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:39 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZN

Has everything if you use VPN ...I used the German feed to watch the Mayweather McGregor fight. Of course, the caveat is the commentary is not in English .....$150 for all the sports is a pretty sweet
Haha oh damn, German NHL commentary...? I don't know if I can tolerate that...
Sep 20, 2011
116 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
shdwfx wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:44 pm
Haha oh damn, German NHL commentary...? I don't know if I can tolerate that...
I've been watching the soccer wcq (european) in German for the past couple of days. You kinda get used to it after a few games. Can't complain for the price. U get so must content. I mainly watch soccer and haven't found a better service price wise. To some it's worth it just for the NFL alone
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1096 posts
217 upvotes
TheImp wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:42 pm
Cool! I have access to gamecenter through my internet subscription. Didn't think I was going to get it this year because of the deal I got..
I tried to check mine and the website froze. Do you just have internet only or do you have a bundle?
Aug 6, 2005
73 posts
18 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
tkddad wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:08 pm
I tried to check mine and the website froze. Do you just have internet only or do you have a bundle?
Good question, I'd like to know as well. I just upgraded my standalone internet plan from the Ignite 100u to Ignite 150u and nowhere does it say that NHL is included (it did say so under my old plan.) When I attempted to sign in on Rogers gamecenter site it accepted my credentials but took me to a generic page saying only select Ignite plans qualify. I'm guessing I no longer have this included but I do have DAZN and VPN so will try there.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2049 posts
875 upvotes
Using VPN and DAZN gives german comentary.

NHL Gamcenter is a far superior service in terms of quality and application.

I signed up for both DAZN and NHL Gamcenter personally.
Oct 30, 2013
953 posts
525 upvotes
Looks like it isn't ready yet.

OP's link gives me a Page Not Found when I click Continue.

My myRogers account has a Share Everything plan, and an Ignite bundle (on separate account numbers), but no dice. It signed me up for trial instead.

I contacted live chat and was told that it isn't ready yet, and to try again mid September.
Sep 15, 2014
753 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
tkddad wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 5:08 pm
I have an internet + tv bundle.
(Don't want to specifically say.. just in case any rogers employees are reading this.. in case I'm getting something I'm not supposed to in error lol)
Cell phones: Zoomer Wireless, Fido.
Credit Cards: Amex Business Gold, Amex SPG

Aggressively collecting SPG points..
Dec 23, 2009
43 posts
15 upvotes
Saskatoon
Ukrainianoiler wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:35 pm
Is there a way to see if you are considered to be in a regional blackout area for a given team.

I'm in Saskatchewan so I'm guessing I should be ok for Edmonton games but thought I'd seen a blackout for some other Canadian teams from the East When TSN used to carry them.

Literally wouldn't be watching many games outside the Oilers so I need to be sure.
no, no, Sask gets it the worst since we are considered in the region of " Alberta, Manitoba" so "Regional Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Winnipeg Jets games cannot be viewed in Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE"
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2141 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
theganguly wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 9:51 pm
Looks like it isn't ready yet.

OP's link gives me a Page Not Found when I click Continue.

My myRogers account has a Share Everything plan, and an Ignite bundle (on separate account numbers), but no dice. It signed me up for trial instead.

I contacted live chat and was told that it isn't ready yet, and to try again mid September.
It should be active now.

Just logged in with my Ignite account, and got this:
Your Free access is now active!

Welcome to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™!

Below is your account information:

User Name: <username>

Your free access means that you will be able to watch out-of-market and national hockey games. After your free access period expires you’ll have to input your credit card to resume your access to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™.
Oct 31, 2011
57 posts
42 upvotes
chadw01 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:40 am
It should be active now.

After your free access period expires you’ll have to input your credit card to resume your access to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE
That doesn't sound like it's active. From the wording that sounds like a trial period.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2141 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
jordanclark1993 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:58 am
That doesn't sound like it's active. From the wording that sounds like a trial period.
This is under my account properties:
My Account
Welcome

You are enjoying a free subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre Live.
I doubt it is a trial, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
Oct 30, 2013
953 posts
525 upvotes
chadw01 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:40 am
It should be active now.

Yes. I got that, which says it is a trial. It will give the same message even if you try with a myRogers account with no eligible account tied to it.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1429 posts
353 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
pongster wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 4:39 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZN
Has everything if you use VPN ...I used the German feed to watch the Mayweather McGregor fight. Of course, the caveat is the commentary is not in English .....$150 for all the sports is a pretty sweet
Oh, I see. That's a great deal then. So you register and pay as a Canadian and then use the VPN after that? But all the commentary's in German and there's no choice?
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1549 posts
579 upvotes
TheHans wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 8:33 pm
Oh, I see. That's a great deal then. So you register and pay as a Canadian and then use the VPN after that? But all the commentary's in German and there's no choice?
Correct. So far they haven't blocked VPNs (like Netflix) but I guess the future is uncertain if they ever get pressured to block.