Hot Deals

NHL.TV 2016-2017 Early Bird Pass - Rogers ($179.99 CAD) - International ($119.99 USD)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 6:28 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1426 posts
352 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
pongster wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 10:08 pm
Correct. So far they haven't blocked VPNs (like Netflix) but I guess the future is uncertain if they ever get pressured to block.
With DAZN, can you actually replay events that happen overnight your time if you can't watch them live? As you can on GameCentre.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Nov 9, 2013
241 posts
48 upvotes
Just used VPN to access https://subscribe.nhl.com/international and see the option for $119 USD. If signing up through international can you still sign in and watch without VPN/DNS? Do you have to use a fake billing address? Can you watch from two IP's at once?
Nov 18, 2015
575 posts
153 upvotes
atheoncrutch wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:58 pm
Just used VPN to access https://subscribe.nhl.com/international and see the option for $119 USD. If signing up through international can you still sign in and watch without VPN/DNS? Do you have to use a fake billing address? Can you watch from two IP's at once?
i have relatives in the states so I use their CC, but I have to still use a VPN to access in Canada. it does work with 2 at once. 2 different households and both on the ps4 at once. I'm not 100% sure if its only 1 at a time but its worked for 3 years now.
Jan 19, 2017
258 posts
228 upvotes
shdwfx wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 3:21 pm
I was told there are regional blackouts for certain games as to force fans to keep cable... I'm in Edmonton BTW. Is this true? Or are all games available on GameCentre? Thanks in advace.
Happened all the time last year. And they wonder why people pirate...
Aug 17, 2015
52 posts
16 upvotes
Banff, AB
atheoncrutch wrote:
Ive used the international version the last couple years and had no issues using Canadian credit card with Canadian address. Can also access it no problem in Canada, just need the VPN/DNS to get around blackouts

edit - if you want to watch on phone etc you do need to get the US version of the app. Not sure with iOS but Android in Canada forces you onto the Rogers NHL app which doesn't work with the international account. VPN is again the answer.
Mar 29, 2002
85 posts
3 upvotes
Port Moody
Did anyone get charged today through Paypal?

My email from NHL.TV said that I would be charged US$119.99 for my renewal, but today a payment of US$131.99 went through in Paypal. Angry Face
Oct 17, 2012
78 posts
46 upvotes
Surrey
TheHans wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 5:45 pm
With DAZN, can you actually replay events that happen overnight your time if you can't watch them live? As you can on GameCentre.
Yes you can.

Also for the German commentary you could probably stream live audio in English from the radio as long as you could get it to sync up
May 25, 2009
300 posts
84 upvotes
Curatio wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:07 pm

My email from NHL.TV said that I would be charged US$119.99 for my renewal, but today a payment of US$131.99 went through in Paypal. Angry Face
mine renewed even though I had my payment info removed previously. And they billed $131.99 instead of the $119.99 they emailed me a few weeks ago.
Now I have to contact them to cancel it since it shouldn't have renewed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3124 posts
2980 upvotes
Montreal
Curatio wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:07 pm

They charged my Paypal $119.99 USD same renewal price as I saw on my account (before September 15th, 2017 date). Although I received email said they will charge me $139.96 USD.
You could try to reply to the email saying they will charge you $119.99 USD and ask for difference...
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3124 posts
2980 upvotes
Montreal
yonoid wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 3:41 pm
mine renewed even though I had my payment info removed previously. And they billed $131.99 instead of the $119.99 they emailed me a few weeks ago.
Now I have to contact them to cancel it since it shouldn't have renewed.
If you subscribed and paid using Paypal and want to cancel then the effective way to cancel any subscription via Paypal is cancel it from Paypal.

Just click on the Paypal subscription Merchant and change the Status from Active to Cancel.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... ge-paylist
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3124 posts
2980 upvotes
Montreal
JethroChoicebro wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:12 pm
Ive used the international version the last couple years and had no issues using Canadian credit card with Canadian address. Can also access it no problem in Canada, just need the VPN/DNS to get around blackouts

edit - if you want to watch on phone etc you do need to get the US version of the app. Not sure with iOS but Android in Canada forces you onto the Rogers NHL app which doesn't work with the international account. VPN is again the answer.
NHL app has an option for you to login using NHL.com account instead of MyRogers account.

1) When you launch the app first time after install, it will ask you to login using MyRogers account. You could click Cancel button. It will display the next screen. Click Continue the app until you see the app.

2) From the top left, click the app Menu and scroll the long menu down to the bottom until you see the Settings menu item. Click the Settings menu item.
http://i64.tinypic.com/2dl0rv7.png

3) On the Settings screen, it will have a Login option but this is MyRogers Login. Scroll down to the bottom until you see the NHL Login option. Now, click the NHL Login, you should be able to enter your NHL.com account to login.
http://i67.tinypic.com/1414oj6.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/4v5mxd.png

3) After you successful login / logout using your NHL.com, the Settings options will display Login (this is now NHL login) and the bottom will display MyRogers Login
http://i63.tinypic.com/6tjkwg.png
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
289 upvotes
Midland
I have "free" Rogers NHL (Gamecentre) Live as part of my Rogers internet package, until April of next year.
Pretty good deal. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Aug 6, 2005
73 posts
18 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
gordholio wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 10:46 pm
I have "free" Rogers NHL (Gamecentre) Live as part of my Rogers internet package, until April of next year.
Pretty good deal. :)
I had it with my previous internet only plan (Ignite 100) under a 2 year contract that expired last month. When I upgraded to Ignite 150 I assumed NHL privileges would continue however was told today that NHL has only ever been available to customers with Rogers bundles and that I likely shouldn't have had it (which is absolutely false since it was clearly included on my contract.)

Apparently you need to have internet AND TV (which I cut the cord on 4 years ago) so despite the fact that I have a wireless plan with them they don't count that as a bundle, which is BS.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7451 posts
769 upvotes
Victoria
atheoncrutch wrote:
I think it depends on the device. Last year I bought a US subscription. I mainly watched it on my ps4. I already made a US Playstation account a long time ago (which made the next step easy). You don't even need a vpn. They have different versions of the app for canada and the us. As long as you log in with the us app, it'll download that version, which any user on the playstation can use (including your Canadian account). Never needed a vpn (aside from signing up). On my PC I use Kodi. The web version is kind of crappy, and there's someone who makes a decent nhl app for kodi. The addon has no problem using international logins. My android app defaults to the rogers login, but if you look hard enough you could find a spot to use the nhl.tv version.

edit: sorry. I should of mention I watch the Red Wings who are out of market, so blackouts weren't an issue. If you watch a local market team you'd need to use a vpn to make it look like you live outside your market.

Short version. It seems almost every device had a work around last year. I'm tempted to try it again this year.