• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 12:09 am
Mar 10, 2008
440 posts
143 upvotes
Quebec City
d_source wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:54 am
How easy is it to find games either delayed (an hour into a game) or next day using these streams without finding out the score (so the game would have to start from the beginning automatically)?
Using these streams it's gonna be hard, but there are other ways to watch games delayed. The first step to getting there is also Reddit.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1432 posts
199 upvotes
Vaughan
uklamen wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:09 pm
This is why I sub to Gamecenter.

Reddit streams are ok sometimes. But I rarely ever watch a game live, and also have scores hidden.

I couldn't even begin to think about going back to reddit streams anymore.

I use the app on my ps4 and built in roku. I wish it would finally come to firestick. I use the kodi add on, but it is just the stream and not any of the functionality of the real app.
I sub to NHL.TV as well. On top of Roku and PS4 I mainly cast to my chromecast and watch on my TV and then just ask google to FF through commercials and intermissions without lifting a finger. If you have a chromecast, there's another option for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8098 posts
1863 upvotes
If you are a real sports fan, can't have the broadcast behind by a 1- 2 minutes as NHL TV and MLB TV do.
Imagine if you are in overtime or Game 7 or in extra innings... and you find out from a friend who calls you.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Dec 21, 2002
12 posts
1 upvote
Does an nhl.tv login (obtained via vpn) work with rogers nhl gamecenter if you dont use vpn? dont care about blackouts as my team is not local so dont need vpn for that but the regional price difference is criminal and would opt for a cheaper login.
Oct 15, 2009
389 posts
121 upvotes
As a person who regularly watches games behind live (kids/life gets in the way). I've become well practiced at just putting my phone in airplane or another room if the game is that important.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2747 posts
1446 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:58 pm
If you are a real sports fan, can't have the broadcast behind by a 1- 2 minutes as NHL TV and MLB TV do.
Imagine if you are in overtime or Game 7 or in extra innings... and you find out from a friend who calls you.
One would think a real sports fan watches all the games whenever they get a chance. Not just live. I watch KHL games on DAZN.. but no chance I'll stay up to watch them live!

I wish I could be like the truest sports fan I know.. my father. He doesn't have a single team as "his" team. He only cares about watching the games. He even goes back and pops in tapes/dvds of previous games he's seen before just because they were that good.

The only fans that care about the game being "live" are in it for fantasy/gambling. As for NHL, for Yahoo! fantasy at least, I have never seen it post a goal that hasn't happened yet on "live" stream.

I get behind in a stream more than just a few minutes from needing to pause to take care of things... I could never imagine going back to live broadcasts...I would miss so much.

Also my friends and I have standing rule to check where we are in a game before sending a message (Leafs games that is).
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2747 posts
1446 upvotes
d_source wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:14 pm
I sub to NHL.TV as well. On top of Roku and PS4 I mainly cast to my chromecast and watch on my TV and then just ask google to FF through commercials and intermissions without lifting a finger. If you have a chromecast, there's another option for you.
I didn't know the app timestamps commercials and intermissions! I'll have to try that.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1796 posts
290 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Bit off topic but a year ago when I signed a contract with Rogers for my phone I got the the 2017-2018 season pass for free. For some reason it says its expires in 2222 and its working so far throughout this season. Is this normal?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1432 posts
199 upvotes
Vaughan
uklamen wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:12 pm
I didn't know the app timestamps commercials and intermissions! I'll have to try that.
I should have been more specific as it does not do that. You can tell Google to FF 100s or 1min and 40s, which is roughly the commercial time. My team hasn't been playing well so many games I try to get it as close to puck drop as possible.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2747 posts
1446 upvotes
d_source wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:59 pm
I should have been more specific as it does not do that. You can tell Google to FF 100s or 1min and 40s, which is roughly the commercial time. My team hasn't been playing well so many games I try to get it as close to puck drop as possible.
Ok, same thing I do with the remote, but a little less accurate. I'll still give it a shot later.
Aug 19, 2011
170 posts
57 upvotes
BuddyRich wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:07 pm
Does an nhl.tv login (obtained via vpn) work with rogers nhl gamecenter if you dont use vpn? dont care about blackouts as my team is not local so dont need vpn for that but the regional price difference is criminal and would opt for a cheaper login.
It does. It's a bit hidden (you need to look for an NHL.com login link or button), but it absolutely works.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4288 posts
1210 upvotes
Winnipeg
voucher21 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:33 am
Reddit is your friend!
gfhyde wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 4:03 am
Extremely this.
8008135 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:42 am
Reddit always has this at a 100% discount with no blackouts.
SirCharlesIII wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 12:03 pm
They are live streams that are taken down at the game. You probably can click the link and restart it from the beginning to see the full game from your desired time, but I guess this may depend on how long the streamer keeps the stream up.
Anyone know of a good app within OSMC/Kodi that has live streams? Sportsdevil has been really hit/miss this year, mostly miss, takes me 15 -20 min to find a feed or can’t get one at all ...
PUBLIC MOBILE $25 CREDIT extended to March 31st!
RFD thread $23 for Canada wide talk, unlimited text, 1GB data
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1781 posts
220 upvotes
North York
Kaphis wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 2:27 pm
Gotta get more lazy, man
Yes. Works great on kodi.

Have it setup on my shield tv and Xbox one too.