None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
4792 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto

Niagara Falls Outlet Stores

Anybody been recently? Tips? How are the deals? Any favourite stores?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7014 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't been in quite awhile but my gf goes to the coach outlet when we go to the falls, she'll usually think she's saving a ton of money but forgets she's still spending a lot. At the same time the prices are good but it depends what your looking for. Id like to check the sony outlet there but I doubt the prices are that much better if at all
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga
If you have a CAA card you can get the outlet 'green card' that saves you a bit but not much. Sometimes the website will list the outlets in-store specials. You can also look for specific coupons for stores before you go.

My biggest tip is don't go on a Saturday! It will be FULL that day but empty most Sundays & Monday-Thursday.

The deals are hit & miss, you never know what you will find really. I can go through that mall in less than 2 hours now. Skechers, Coach, Polo, Oakley, Fossil, Reebok... DONE!

The *real* deals are at department stores, JC Penny, Macy's, etc.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
Jan 9, 2008
77 posts
25 upvotes
The right answer depends on if you mean Niagara Falls, Ontario or New York. I've been to both numerous times. As far as I'm concerned, don't waste your time with the Ontario outlet Stores. The prices are no better than what you can get locally. The outlet Stores in NY are true outlet Stores with outlet store prices. They're only 10 minutes across the border.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
4792 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
trickyrick wrote:
Apr 25th, 2012 9:19 pm
The right answer depends on if you mean Niagara Falls, Ontario or New York. I've been to both numerous times. As far as I'm concerned, don't waste your time with the Ontario outlet Stores. The prices are no better than what you can get locally. The outlet Stores in NY are true outlet Stores with outlet store prices. They're only 10 minutes across the border.

I'm going to the NY outlets. Thank you everybody your feedback so far.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9024 posts
562 upvotes
Can't say much about the stores, but here are some general tips:

When crossing, don't go through Lewiston. It may be the most direct way, but it's also the way everyone else goes. Go Rainbow instead.

Take advantage of cheap deals online that ship only to the US or shipping to Canada is horrendous. Ship it the CBI USA. I think it's $6 per package and it's really close to Rainbow Bridge.

The Fashion Outlet Mall tends to get very busy on Saturdays. You may struggle for parking... there is parking in back too... those might be full too, but there won't be as many cars lurking for a spot. Long weekends get especially busy.

Don't forget to check out Target, Walmart and other places. Grocery items are usually exempt, but be careful with some items as they are not allowed to be imported. Also they got great deals too on other items.

Make sure you fill up on cheap gas in NY before heading back.

And finally, if you are going for the day, remember that the amount you can bring in duty free is zero! More than 24 hours is $50. More than 48 hours is $400 and more than 7 days is $750. That means prepare to pay taxes and duty. It's best to plan out everything too. How much you'll spend on gas, food, etc so you get a sense whether what you buy really is cheaper in the US.

BTW I'm going this weekend!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7745 posts
41 upvotes
Things will change starting June 1.

0-24 hours = same
24-48 hours = $400
48+ hours = $750
× < >