• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2006 8:47 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 25, 2005
376 posts

Nice Bar Stools - where can I get them?

I'm about to move into a condo with a breakfast bar. I've been searching the net for bar stools (would prefer leather) but I can't find any decent prices. They're all $300 or so...which I think is a lot. I think I'd like to spend under $200 for an upholstered stool. Any websites/shops to recommend? I'm in the GTA and am new to the area. I just know Ikea, Sears and Homestore. lol
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2308 posts
400 upvotes
I wouldn't say they are the highest quality, but Loblaw had some that they were selling for $30 originally. Bought 2 at the first mark down for $20 each, and bought another 2 when it got marked down to $10.

Ikea is selling a similar one, looks and quality for $99
[OP]
Jun 25, 2005
376 posts
Thanks but I'm looking for something that more comfortable. :-) Preferrably with a full back to it. mainly because this will also be my dining room. hehe
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
1187 posts
1 upvote
Toronto ON
Last year I went on the hunt for inexpensive, fashionable, comfortable and sturdy bar stools.

Like you, I wanted a full back. Leather would have been nice, but put the stools out of my price range. I looked at IKEA, but couldn't find a stool that I was confident would stand up to any of my larger friends sitting in one.

Instead I purchased the la Mesa stools from Pier 1 Imports:

[url]http://www.pier1.com/catalog/productdet ... ol&fh_eds=
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5770 posts
190 upvotes
GTA
Park Furniture in downtown Hamilton is where I got my leather bar stools and if memory serves me correctly, I paid approx $100 each for them. The Stools were made by Ashley Furniture. I like to shop at Park as they have a huge selection and their like a cash and carry place, so you will need a minivan atleast to carry your stuff in.

Good Luck.

sk :)
Jul 27, 2005
344 posts
Ottawa, ON
sandie wrote:Thanks but I'm looking for something that more comfortable. :-) Preferrably with a full back to it. mainly because this will also be my dining room. hehe
I just ordered 2 leather-like full back bar stools from Sears (cilantro series). They are on sale for $199 each. You can look at them from the web site, but the store price is discounted and there's no GST

http://www6.sears.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... re>Kitchen & Dining Room>Dining Room Collectio&cci=GA:10018>GA:20804>GA:22311&co=true&cs=se_q
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2004
1083 posts
86 upvotes
Markham
My vote goes for Structube! They got awesome stuff there and fairly priced, actually I plan on getting some more things off them shortly.
Not for any nation, not for any ideology, not for justice, not for honor, not for power, not for the future, not for love, not for peace, Only for revenge. -MGSVTPP
Aug 3, 2005
677 posts
3 upvotes
How is the hunt for stools going?
I am in search too.I am looking towards leather and have a fullback.

If you see some good priced ones,let me know
Apr 14, 2003
259 posts
We just bought two Italian made stools from Caban. They were $125 and are actually quite comfortable, but no back support.

They are chrome base and leather seat.