Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Nice Plasma/LCD TV stand @ Costco for $219

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2009 9:22 am
Tags:
None
Feb 17, 2004
587 posts
297 upvotes

[Costco] Nice Plasma/LCD TV stand @ Costco for $219

Looking for pictures of the stand but Costco is selling a nice looking plasma / LCD tv stand that will hold upto 50" tv's.

It comes with wood ends, iron support beams and 3 levels of glass shelves for compont equipment. It has a heavy metal mast that suspends the TV about 3.5' off the ground and is about 4' wide. Seriously heavy (~125lbs) but price for $219 seems like a good deal to me. Although I belive Costco had it for $199 a week previous.

P.S. TV holding mast also swivels right and left.

Pics coming soon.

Price now reduced to $194.99 at Costco (Markham Rd/14th Ave)
568 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
can anyone get the dimensions?
Jan 2, 2007
5 posts
4 upvotes
I can't find it on costco.ca, can you pls post the link?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
2070 posts
40 upvotes
Looks nice. I'm interested
Feb 17, 2004
587 posts
297 upvotes
Thanks Gyr8, that is the stand I was referring to.

As for Dimensions (i'm going by memory after assembling one for my sister, someone correct once they verify exact specs);

Base: ~23" depth x ~55" wide x ~24-30" high (approx +/- 6")

Mast: adds another ~16-18" but the picture gyr8 posted looks to be holding a 42" screen.

Setup comes with different back mast options that allows you to mount TV on wall and not have black post sticking out.
Oct 10, 2006
300 posts
508 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I'm also interested, did you see this at a store in the GVRD? I'd love to see a link to the exact size / specs.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7777 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Seems nice but I guess I don't see the point of having the TV raised up like that. Maybe because I only really watch TV at night crashed out on the couch and wouldn't want to look up or sit up.
Feb 14, 2005
197 posts
4 upvotes
I saw this one about a week ago. I went back to both costco in Calgary to buy it but it was sold out. Does anyone know when they will get more stock?
Apr 22, 2004
183 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver
Just got back from the Poco Costco. It's a really solid unit with options to hang the TV that can rotate 170 degrees (left & right). The frame allows the threading of the cables (hide cables). No stock at the Port Coquitlam store and nothing is on order. The Costco guy told to me check the other stores. Didn't get a chance to check inventory around GVRD.

Here are some other info:

Costco Item No. 737552
Whalen TV Stand
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
2315 posts
578 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this stand compatible with most flat panels?
Also, is this the regular price or a sale?
I would like to get this but not currently, hopefully there is still stock later on. :/
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2714 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this at ajax costco, great price. still about 6-7 left on a skid. The quality of the wood isnt' that great, I am passing on it.
Banned
Jul 11, 2006
1245 posts
thats pretty nice. I might go check it out tomorrow. I wonder if its cheaper in the US?
Mar 17, 2006
377 posts
40 upvotes
:cheesygri I have my 50-inch plasma sitting on one of these and it looks very good assembly very straightforward solid unit just about the right height for me
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
are all the cables connecting to the back of the TV "visible"? or is there anyway to hide them
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
this is an excellent stand :) :)
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2006
1485 posts
45 upvotes
definitely a nice stand! can someone confirm if the cables can be hidden?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
I believe that the design is to allow cables to be hidden, however, there must be a hole at each level to allow the cables to feed into the components. Anyone interested in purchasing this stand should take a close look at the diameter of the holes and the amount of space in the spine that could be used to hide the cables.

The diameter should be large enough to allow all your connectors and power adaptors to go through. Otherwise youll be let down when you get home and realize this.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2002
1908 posts
206 upvotes
Tig wrote: I believe that the design is to allow cables to be hidden, however, there must be a hole at each level to allow the cables to feed into the components. Anyone interested in purchasing this stand should take a close look at the diameter of the holes and the amount of space in the spine that could be used to hide the cables.

The diameter should be large enough to allow all your connectors and power adaptors to go through. Otherwise youll be let down when you get home and realize this.
I looked into this stand last week and the hole in the black metal tube is not big enough to get all the cables into and then feed down the tube. My Monster compo cables would never fit in that hole. Also my TV LCD input/output connectors are all at the side of the unit and the cables would have to do an immediate 180 degree turn to get back to the tube which would place some stress on the connectors.

I also don't like that it doesn't have any "compartments" or drawers to put things in / hide things in... The style is too much of an "open concept" for my liking...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
balou911 wrote: can anyone get the dimensions?

52 in x 22 in x 24 in
132.1 cm x 55.9 cm x 61.0 cm