Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2005
929 posts
44 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
G20tKD wrote:
Sep 17th, 2008 11:21 am
I picked up the stand yesterday and the model number is XLOL54TC-8. As mentioned, this one is called Pinnacle by Whalen and it is the same as the Bayside Furnishings Skyline

Anyone seen this one at a Calgary Costco or anywhere other than Montreal? Really want to get this model but would rather not spend the $400 and wait 6 weeks that it would take to order from costco.ca.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1746 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Ctrl-Z wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2008 12:36 pm
Anyone seen this one at a Calgary Costco or anywhere other than Montreal? Really want to get this model but would rather not spend the $400 and wait 6 weeks that it would take to order from costco.ca.
It's likely that the Pinnacle will not be available in any west-coast stores until that time anyhow. I can't give any specifics out, but 5-6 weeks is about the time some stores may have them.

GYR8
Nov 15, 2005
929 posts
44 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
GYR8 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2008 1:54 pm
It's likely that the Pinnacle will not be available in any west-coast stores until that time anyhow. I can't give any specifics out, but 5-6 weeks is about the time some stores may have them.

GYR8
Good information, thank you. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I can get by with the shoe rack I'm using now ;-)
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3691 posts
159 upvotes
Markham
I've only been seing the Epixx stand at my local Costo's (Markham/Richmond Hill) anyone know which ones near this area have the other style? I don't really mind the Epixx model that much, I saw it at Best Buy on display with a 52" on it and it looks nice and swivles quite far but I do prefer the other style more...
Aug 26, 2003
227 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
The Costco Kanata location has a bunch of the Pinnacle in stock, so it's possible they'll be switching from the Epixx to the Pinnacle for new shipments.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
2954 posts
116 upvotes
Mtl
picked up a pinnacle stand last night to go with the 1080P panasonic plasma costco had on sale. Probably get the stand together tonight, i'll post back with my impressions.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
2954 posts
116 upvotes
Mtl
Turns out the stand I purchased wasn't in the best of shape. Scratched and paint peeling off everywhere. Could not even get one of the legs on properly since some of the holes didn't line up. Will be returning for an exchange. Hopefully the next one is better.
Oct 7, 2004
621 posts
7 upvotes
Where the deals are
Which stands at Costco can float a 52" Sharp LCD? Looking for a nice black stand.
Oct 7, 2004
621 posts
7 upvotes
Where the deals are
G20tKD wrote:
Sep 17th, 2008 11:21 am
I picked up the stand yesterday and the model number is XLOL54TC-8. As mentioned, this one is called Pinnacle by Whalen and it is the same as the Bayside Furnishings Skyline

Does it come in black?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
7975 posts
418 upvotes
spyd4r wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2008 3:09 pm
Does it come in black?
Yes but not at Costco.
Heatware: 36-0-0
Nov 24, 2003
375 posts
50 upvotes
Has anyone seen this stand for sale in Edmonton?

A couple of weeks ago, I seen about 3-4 at Costco NE location; I went back yesterday to buy it but it was sold out.
Nov 9, 2004
649 posts
5 upvotes
Hello all,
I originally bought the Epixx model back at the end of July but never opened the package. I recently decided to get the more expensive Z Line stand from Futureshop so am willing to offer any RFD'er who wants to take it from me for the price I paid ($180). I will put a posting in the Buy Sell forum unless I decide to return to Costco before I hear from anyone.
Nov 9, 2006
2 posts
Vancouver
Looks like Costco is starting to receive the Pinnacle stand again. Was at Costco Willingdon (Burnaby, BC) yesterday and picked up one. They had around 5 or 6 more on the skid.
Aug 8, 2005
583 posts
41 upvotes
Does costco still has this TV stand in its stores in Montreal?
Nov 5, 2008
1 posts
GTA
Thought I'd bump this thread ...

Interesting stands, don't know why Whalen doesn't feel the need to list all the stands they make on their website (re: Pinnacle). Wouldn't mind the black legged one (XL-1) but 54" is probably much too wide for a 44" wide TV. I also see Best Buy has a simlar stand at 50" width but in blonde cherry (again not listed on the Whalen website, :confused :)

I might check out Costco (Dundas/WC) to see if they have the supposedly 52" wide Pinnacle in stock.
× < >