3321 posts
633 upvotes

"Nigerian" scam has invaded RFD.

I have reported it.

Hello

Feb 6th, 2017 3:29 amFrom: kings11me
Recipient: Speedy1
God bless you and thanks,
Hope you well today? Happy to meet you. I got your contact via this site, I seriously have interest to invest on a profitable business in your country, the money I want to invest was acquired from my church member, and then I was his financial adviser. The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my parish, if you will like to assist me as a partner, you must have the fear of God? kindly indicate your interest, and all other details relating to the funds will be revealed to you as we progress on. Confidentiality contact my direct e-mail address (revchris23@yahoo.com or jesusislord956@gmail.com) also indicate your direct telephone number, when replying this mail, God will guide us and with good health Amen,
God bless you and your family,
Rev, Chris Madurai Okon.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23255 posts
4854 upvotes
GTHA
I also reported this private message. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1253 posts
323 upvotes
<< The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my >>

I have always been puzzled why these scammers don't hire an English speaking person to assist them. It is the word 'but', completely out of context, that makes me wonder ...
Oct 2, 2015
238 posts
79 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Speedy, sounds like you're missing out. 14 million dollars! This offer is almost as enticing as Amex Personal Plat being FYF.
May 28, 2012
9275 posts
1701 upvotes
Saskatoon
I banned him after the first report. Thanks to all members who reported this scammer.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3286 posts
4135 upvotes
Ontario
Got two messages in the early 6am timeframe. Noticed the banned title under user ID when I opened one message. Thanks for prompt action, @Mars2012 .
Surfing 2017.😎 Wins: $50 gc, Starbucks coffee & 40 bonus stars (stars vapourized as I did not hit gold level before my May annual date).
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4011 posts
344 upvotes
Markham
akaManny wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 5:24 pm
<< The amount to invest is ($14.5 million US dollars) presently, but I’m the present Catholic Church leader in my >>

I have always been puzzled why these scammers don't hire an English speaking person to assist them. It is the word 'but', completely out of context, that makes me wonder ...
False positive rate. If you still respond after so many red flags, you are more likely become victim. So by doing this, scammers reduce false positive rate
Apr 10, 2017
156 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Omg I so wanna play this with the scammers.